View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
633. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    63 9.95%
  • Deluxe

    249 39.34%
  • Omnibus

    264 41.71%
  • Absolute

    140 22.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 662 of 1394 FirstFirst ... 1625626126526586596606616626636646656666727127621162 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 20900
  1. #9916
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    It feels like DC views Swampy as risky. They just finished the Millar run in trades, and if this Bronze Age omni comes through, it will be the first time issues after #13 are collected as well. (Which would explain why they canceled Roots of the Swamp Thing v.2). Saga of the Swamp Thing #1-19 needs to be collected as well, and everything after Moore's run is either OoP, or never collected. Save for the Diggle and BKV stuff. But I have hope. I know a lot of those runs aren't particularly"good", but I'd still like to read them. How can I be a Swamp Thing expert if I can't read it all!?
    I was wondering what happened to Roots vol. 2.
    It's too bad DC couldn't at least collect ST like it's doing with Hellblazer and put it out on thick tpbs three times a year.

  2. #9917
    Spectacular Member Eddy82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Anyone know why the Batman and Robin by Grant Morrison deluxe is canceled?

  3. #9918
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Has Batman New Gotham been delayed? I got an email from Amazon and it looks like it's unavailable now.

  4. #9919
    Of the O'Sullivan Clan Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    100 Bullets vol 1 got a reprint but that's all that comes to mind
    Fables regularly gets reprints, Y The Last Man got a series of reprints too, and some of the one-shot books like Death and Flex Mentallo got a few reprints as well.

    That said, I'm struggling to think of a deluxe hardcover that got reprinted after the paperback version was released. The Preacher hardcovers (not Deluxes, but close enough) all got a recent reprint, but that's due to the TV series.

  5. #9920
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    6,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Fables regularly gets reprints, Y The Last Man got a series of reprints too, and some of the one-shot books like Death and Flex Mentallo got a few reprints as well.

    That said, I'm struggling to think of a deluxe hardcover that got reprinted after the paperback version was released. The Preacher hardcovers (not Deluxes, but close enough) all got a recent reprint, but that's due to the TV series.
    well, there goes my theory then

  6. #9921
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    well, there goes my theory then
    Ha ha, yeah, I didn't realize there were a lot more.
    Too bad Ex Machina never got reprints. I think it's Vol. 4 that goes for quite a bit.

  7. #9922
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I was wondering what happened to Roots vol. 2.
    It's too bad DC couldn't at least collect ST like it's doing with Hellblazer and put it out on thick tpbs three times a year.
    I'd be fine with that. Paskos Saga of the Swamp Thing, and the Post Moore, pretty Millar Run needs to be collected. It wouldn't be more than 3 trades honestly. They might have the BKV trades into just 1 trade. It may not be "good" but with BKV's Saga, and now award winning Paper Girls, I'm sure it will sell (hell if they can sell Wonder Woman under Mike Deodatos name, surely they can for BKV). They might have Diggles run in one massive trade as well.

  8. #9923
    Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    It feels like DC views Swampy as risky. They just finished the Millar run in trades, and if this Bronze Age omni comes through, it will be the first time issues after #13 are collected as well. (Which would explain why they canceled Roots of the Swamp Thing v.2). Saga of the Swamp Thing #1-19 needs to be collected as well, and everything after Moore's run is either OoP, or never collected. Save for the Diggle and BKV stuff. But I have hope. I know a lot of those runs aren't particularly"good", but I'd still like to read them. How can I be a Swamp Thing expert if I can't read it all!?
    Veitch's aborted run immediately after Moore is almost as good as Moore's run. It's not as well written (well, obviously), but it's almost as well plotted. Really good stuff. As the story goes, Veitch was all set to finish his run with Swampy going back in time and being the cupbearer at Christ's crucifixion when DC balked at inviting religious controversy (pretty tame nowadays I'd say) and Veitch walked abruptly without finishing. Neil Gaiman was supposed to take over after he was done but dropped the book out of solidarity with Veitch. I can't even imagine what might have happened if Gaiman had written Swamp Thing, though I imagine some of his Sandman themes and ideas might have played out there instead, so I guess it was for the best.

    We really need #1-19 of Saga collected though, if for no other reason than Moore's run refers back to it several times.

  9. #9924
    Fantastic Member ricardoramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Veitch's aborted run immediately after Moore is almost as good as Moore's run. It's not as well written (well, obviously), but it's almost as well plotted. Really good stuff. As the story goes, Veitch was all set to finish his run with Swampy going back in time and being the cupbearer at Christ's crucifixion when DC balked at inviting religious controversy (pretty tame nowadays I'd say) and Veitch walked abruptly without finishing. Neil Gaiman was supposed to take over after he was done but dropped the book out of solidarity with Veitch. I can't even imagine what might have happened if Gaiman had written Swamp Thing, though I imagine some of his Sandman themes and ideas might have played out there instead, so I guess it was for the best.

    We really need #1-19 of Saga collected though, if for no other reason than Moore's run refers back to it several times.
    Hopefully the Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus will do well in sales and be the 1st of many?



    By the way, "Green Lantern: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1" is really the Green Lantern Omnibus Volume 3, right?

  10. #9925
    Incredible Member Hawkgirl_70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    SE Missouri, USA
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I would try local comic shops if you have any near you. I didn't know it was OOP, but I think I've seen several shops near me still have them. I think the book is only $30-$35 cover price so paying full retail isn't so bad.

    If a book has only recently gone OOP, like within one to three months, you usually have a good shot trying this.

    I would pay $30 to $35 right now to get one after seeing eBay and Amazon prices. I don't want to flip and sell it, I just want to read it and hopefully collect them. I hate when a series is always missing a book because its skyrocketed in price.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

  11. #9926
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Veitch's aborted run immediately after Moore is almost as good as Moore's run. It's not as well written (well, obviously), but it's almost as well plotted. Really good stuff. As the story goes, Veitch was all set to finish his run with Swampy going back in time and being the cupbearer at Christ's crucifixion when DC balked at inviting religious controversy (pretty tame nowadays I'd say) and Veitch walked abruptly without finishing. Neil Gaiman was supposed to take over after he was done but dropped the book out of solidarity with Veitch. I can't even imagine what might have happened if Gaiman had written Swamp Thing, though I imagine some of his Sandman themes and ideas might have played out there instead, so I guess it was for the best.

    We really need #1-19 of Saga collected though, if for no other reason than Moore's run refers back to it several times.
    If I recall, Caiman agreed to do an annual only, before Collins took over? It would be beat to have that all collected, even if it doesn't have an ending. I wonder if they would include the Black Orchid issue for that mini crossover they had.

  12. #9927
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Is Legion: Secret Origins part of the New 52? It came out in late 2011 but from what I can tell it is separate from the New 52 Universe.

  13. #9928
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    6,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Lots of new Amazon fish up:https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st...date-desc-rank

    Justice League: Breakdowns
    Wonder Woman & The JLA (Dan Vado's run, continuing on from Jurgens' 90s run)
    Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Book One (post-Crisis Supes following the Byrne run)
    Swamp Thing: Bronze Age Omnibus

    And lots of Rebirth stuff, of course. Some really interesting stuff there, I have to say.
    Looking forward to all of these! Especially stoked to see "Breakdowns" getting collected! Hopefully this means they intend to complete the Giffen/DeMatteis JLI; I think 2 trades tops could fill the gap from where they left off...?

    And I'm probably the only one that gasped out loud (in a good way!) when he read the bold!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  14. #9929
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Veitch's aborted run immediately after Moore is almost as good as Moore's run. It's not as well written (well, obviously), but it's almost as well plotted. Really good stuff. As the story goes, Veitch was all set to finish his run with Swampy going back in time and being the cupbearer at Christ's crucifixion when DC balked at inviting religious controversy (pretty tame nowadays I'd say) and Veitch walked abruptly without finishing. Neil Gaiman was supposed to take over after he was done but dropped the book out of solidarity with Veitch. I can't even imagine what might have happened if Gaiman had written Swamp Thing, though I imagine some of his Sandman themes and ideas might have played out there instead, so I guess it was for the best.

    We really need #1-19 of Saga collected though, if for no other reason than Moore's run refers back to it several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    If I recall, Caiman agreed to do an annual only, before Collins took over? It would be beat to have that all collected, even if it doesn't have an ending. I wonder if they would include the Black Orchid issue for that mini crossover they had.
    Gaiman actually recounts what happened in his Midnight Days OHC.
    He and Jamie Delano were set to succeed Veitch - each doing six issues a year.
    The annual was to be his first issue - and it ended up being his last as he was halfway through the first story when DC declined to publish a story that Veitch had written and Michael Zulli had pencilled, in which ST met Jesus.
    (On a side note, I recall this actually being complete and there were rumors that DC would eventually publish it when they published Warren Ellis' "Shoot" tale featuring Constantine, which DC at one point also declined to publish, which led Ellis to leaving Hellblazer.)
    Gaiman talks a little more about it, but I encourage all of you to pick up the OHC

  15. #9930
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Looking forward to all of these! Especially stoked to see "Breakdowns" getting collected! Hopefully this means they intend to complete the Giffen/DeMatteis JLI; I think 2 trades tops could fill the gap from where they left off...?

    And I'm probably the only one that gasped out loud (in a good way!) when he read the bold!
    I'd take two or three 10-11 issue trades to complete it, I think.
    Cyclops was right

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •