View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1409 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4099091309135913991405140614071408140914101411141214131419 ... LastLast
Results 21,121 to 21,135 of 21670
    Incredible Member

Omar Overviews:

Death & Return of Superman 2022 Omnibus

Incredible Member

Teen Titans by Geoff Johns omnibus (2022 edition)

Incredible Member

Organic Priced Books overview

Catwoman of East End Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post

Catwoman of East End Omnibus
    I actually wanted to hear from y'all about this book...

I LOVE Brubaker, not a huge fan of Darwyn Cooke (I know, sacralidge, but he's just too cartoony for me), but I do like Paul Gulacy.
    Is this a book I should pick up?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

I LOVE Brubaker, not a huge fan of Darwyn Cooke (I know, sacralidge, but he's just too cartoony for me), but I do like Paul Gulacy.
    100% pick it up. It's the only Catwoman run that's worth a damn, and Brubaker is great on writing. Cooke only does the OGN and the first 4 issues, I believe.

It depends on how much you dislike the Cooke style of art. Gulacy does roughly a quarter of the art in the book. Cooke does a bit less, but the remaining art is more similar to Cooke than Gulacy. If you look at the video from about 2:20 you'll get an idea of what the art between Cooke and Gulacy is like, which might help

Personally, I'm not a fan of Gulacy's art, but I'm still picking this up the second I see it going for a decent price. Writing wise, I think Brubaker knocks it out of the park on this series. The only gripes I'd have about the story is the treatment of one returning character (no spoilers, in case you don't know the plot), and that his final issues feel a bit rushed, probably because he had to work the War Games crossover into them. If the non-Cooke/Gulacy artwork isn't too cartoony for you, then I'd say go for it.

I would like it but I have that whole series in fat TPB form and I would hate to have half in different formats as I liked the later run also.

Fantastic Member

I’m waiting for my copy. Is this even out? It’s the last piece of my Brubaker Batman/DC work that I’m looking for…

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    I’m waiting for my copy. Is this even out? It’s the last piece of my Brubaker Batman/DC work that I’m looking for…
    Officially, it's due out this week in the direct market, and next week in the book market. But copies seem to have been floating around since early June.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

THE BOOKS OF MAGIC OMNIBUS VOL. 3 (THE SANDMAN UNIVERSE CLASSICS)
    Written by DYLAN HORROCKS, SI SPENCER, and
    JOHN NEY RIEBER
    Art by RICHARD CASE, DEAN ORMSTON, and others
    Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    $125.00 US | 1,200 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-736-4
    ON SALE 11/22/22
    Tim Hunter has lost family and friends, outwitted demons, and claimed the right to be the one true Tim. Now he faces his most challenging trial ever: learning to finally be a proper magician. Will Tim live up to his destiny of becoming the greatest mage of all time? This third and final omnibus collects The Trenchcoat Brigade #1-4, The Names of Magic #1-5, Hunter: The Age of Magic #1-25, and Books of Magick: Life During Wartime #1-15.

GRAYSON THE SUPERSPY OMNIBUS (2022 EDITION)
    Written by TIM SEELEY, TOM KING, and others
    Art by MIKEL JANÍN, STEPHEN MOONEY, and others
    Cover by MIKEL JANÍN
    $100.00 US | 792 pages | 7 1/4" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-732-6
    ON SALE 11/15/22
    Offered again! To the heroes, villains, and ordinary citizens of Earth, Dick Grayson is dead—but death is the perfect cover story for an agent of Spyral. Now, as Batman’s man on the inside, Dick must learn Spyral’s secrets as they strive to uncover the secret identity of every superhero on the globe. Collects Grayson #1-20, Grayson: Futures End #1, Secret Origins #8, Grayson Annual #1-3, Robin War #1-2, and Nightwing: Rebirth #1.

CATWOMAN: LONELY CITY OHC
    Written by CLIFF CHIANG
    Art and cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    $29.99 US | 208 pages | 8 1/2" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-636-7
    Direct market exclusive variant cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    ISBN: 978-1-77952-103-3
    ON SALE 11/22/22
    Ten years ago, the massacre known as Fool’s Night claimed the lives of Batman, The Joker, Nightwing, and Commissioner Gordon…and sent Selina Kyle, the Catwoman, to prison. A decade later, Gotham has grown up—it’s put away costumed heroism and villainy as childish things. The new Gotham is cleaner, safer…and a lot less free under the watchful eye of Mayor Harvey Dent and his Batcops. It’s to this new city that Selina Kyle returns, a changed woman…with her mind on one last big score: the secrets hidden inside the Batcave! She doesn’t need the money—she just needs to know…who is “Orpheus”? Visionary creator Cliff Chiang (Wonder Woman, Paper Girls) writes, draws, colors, and letters the story of a world without Batman, where one woman’s wounds threaten to tear apart an entire city! It’s an unmissable artistic statement that will change the way you see Gotham’s heroes and villains forever! Collects Catwoman: Lonely City #1-4.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Officially, it's due out this week in the direct market, and next week in the book market. But copies seem to have been floating around since early June.
    Does anyone know if the Catwoman of East End Omnibus generally had some shipping delays for its official release this week? Some sites have it, others don't, others had it early but don't have it anymore, etc.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    THE BOOKS OF MAGIC OMNIBUS VOL. 3 (THE SANDMAN UNIVERSE CLASSICS)
    Written by DYLAN HORROCKS, SI SPENCER, and
    JOHN NEY RIEBER
    Art by RICHARD CASE, DEAN ORMSTON, and others
    Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    $125.00 US | 1,200 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-736-4
    ON SALE 11/22/22
    Tim Hunter has lost family and friends, outwitted demons, and claimed the right to be the one true Tim. Now he faces his most challenging trial ever: learning to finally be a proper magician. Will Tim live up to his destiny of becoming the greatest mage of all time? This third and final omnibus collects The Trenchcoat Brigade #1-4, The Names of Magic #1-5, Hunter: The Age of Magic #1-25, and Books of Magick: Life During Wartime #1-15.

I'm legitimately shocked they're actually completing this.

Still would've preferred a series of chunky trades (a la Hellblazer) over three unwieldy monsters, but good on DC for seeing it through til the end!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Does anyone know if the Catwoman of East End Omnibus generally had some shipping delays for its official release this week? Some sites have it, others don't, others had it early but don't have it anymore, etc.
    I haven't checked online, but upon release week I saw physical copies at all four of the local shops I frequent in my area...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES