View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339791295291029 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Batman is Dc's main title. So almost every time there's a big story Dc milks it by tieing in other dc titles and collect them in trade later. Like Night of Owls, Death of the family and now Zero year
    Ahh, okay, I get it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    Not being rude when I ask, but where is the bonus material described in the solicitation? The information I read just says new 100 pages of bonus material and cover art.
    Hmmm I though I read more. Well in that case the info about the 10-15 story pages is pretty old news and these pages have also been included in the French edition. As for the rest.... Speculating here then, but probably the usual formula, so sketch pages, lay outs, character studies, script, covers, alternate covers etc. But my guess would be as good as yours...

Oh and you might ask Sean Murphy on twitter, perhaps he can tell you more?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Hmmm I though I read more. Well in that case the info about the 10-15 story pages is pretty old news and these pages have also been included in the French edition. As for the rest.... Speculating here then, but probably the usual formula, so sketch pages, lay outs, character studies, script, covers, alternate covers etc. But my guess would be as good as yours...

Oh and you might ask Sean Murphy on twitter, perhaps he can tell you more?
    I seem to remember him saying that the rest of the pages will be pictures of his cat cosplaying...?

I kid. But I kinda wish it were true haha

I love the content, but man the JSA Omnibus is disappointing. Plain black cover, really wavy paper, and major gutter loss.

I love the spine design, though. It's going to look great when I get it up on the shelf.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Score! I just picked up the Preacher HCs for $150! Vol 2 is still in shrink wrap and all are in excellent condition! Already have the tpbs but have been wanting to upgrade. And now I bet there will be an oversized collection announced...ha.
    I am able to pickup all the volumes for a good price also... however.. with a planed TV show coming out.. i could only assume they will release new versions of the books

Have updated the OP with the most recent solicits, some changes from the already announced books:

Zero Year HC is now $5 more and has an extra 48 pages.
    Batman v5 HC has another issue added (33) and completes the Zero Year arc
    GL HC collects an extra issue(GL 34) and 3 GLC issues(31-33), but drops the Red Lanterns issue(28)
    Harley Quinn HC collects two extra issues (7-8)
    Fables Deluxe v9 has one more issue(82)
    Punk Rock Jesus Deluxe was 240 pages for $30 now 360 pages for $40

Looking at the first page, I see that there's now a second printing of Animal Man. Is there a way to tell which printings? Same question for the Sandman Omnibus Vol 1. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    I love the content, but man the JSA Omnibus is disappointing. Plain black cover, really wavy paper, and major gutter loss.

I love the spine design, though. It's going to look great when I get it up on the shelf.
    I haven't found much of any gutter loss. While the front and back cover are tight, the actual pages themselves aren't, and lay relatively flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I haven't found much of any gutter loss. While the front and back cover are tight, the actual pages themselves aren't, and lay relatively flat.
    Mine's getting better. I've been working with it a bit as I've been reading it, and while the gutter loss is still prevalent in certain spots it's gotten better in others.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

As I wait for amazon.com to deliver my JSA Omnibus Vol.1, they've put up a "cover not final" pic of JSA Omnibus Vol. 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    As I wait for amazon.com to deliver my JSA Omnibus Vol.1, they've put up a "cover not final" pic of JSA Omnibus Vol. 2:

They won't be getting me to buy volume 2 unless it comes down in price to the sub $60 they had vol 1 for. Especially with the reports of the poor build.

Spectacular Member

First time posting in the DC section so it might be you guys over here have already adressed the points I am going to adress in this post.

My first contact with comics was during the time of the Jones / Moench Batman comics and events like Contagion, Legacy, Cataclysm in German Editions (collected 3 single issue in one issue per Month). I did not even realized that some of these had been collected in the Moench / Jones Batman HC vol. 1 and I was very happy to see this happen. So here are my remarks:

I did not found a vol. 2 solicited in the next future, any ideas if there will be a vol. 2?

What the heck is going on with those events I mentioned? They were (as far as I know) only collected in Trades so many years OOP that it seems unbelievable. And then to top this they add ONE issue of these in the aformentioned Jones / Moench HC. Come one ONE ISSUE with no surrundings in the middle of the story line?? Am I just a spoiled Marvel guy or is this just normal DC policy?

What are your experiences with these older runs getting collected? Any (predictable) chances for the future?

I know that there has been some closed gaps during the last years (three huge volumes of Knightfall, No Man's Land saga, etc.) but I do not get it. So please help me out here to broaden my perspective.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    They won't be getting me to buy volume 2 unless it comes down in price to the sub $60 they had vol 1 for. Especially with the reports of the poor build.
    I preordered Vol. 2 at $89. I'll wait and see how Vol. 1 (which is on its way to me) starts selling for on the amazon.co.uk marketplace and probably based on that will decide whether to cancel Vol. 2 or not and consequently wait for a decent deal to appear. This is what I did with UXM Omni Vol. 2 and it paid off.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 05-21-2014 at 06:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This is what I did with UXM Omni Vol. 2 and it paid off.
    Thanks to Raffi I've learned to follow the marketplace much more closely, instead of just blindly putting in a SpeedyHen order and forgetting about it. All the books I wanted used to be in my head at one time, now I have a 160 strong wish list, with an additional 30 on a 'pre-order' list.

My Deadpool Omni from books-any arrived the other day, it actually had a real box, bubble wrap and air bubbles!, first time I've seen packing materials from a marketplace seller I was thinking there must be a worldwide shortage or something. Of course it was still damaged, not on the spine this time so that's an improvement. I tend to gravitate more to trades at the moment because I get plenty of mint trades even with rubbish packaging but very, very few (like 10%) of my Omnibus arrive without a dent somewhere.

Back on topic my next challenge is to try and track down the corrected Batman Murderer trade, first I have to work out whether it even exists then somehow find a UK seller that has the new edition not the botched first attempt.

If anyone's interested in pictures of the Kirby New Gods AE, I posted some in the General Thread:

http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post104563