View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Can anyone confirm the trim size of the DCeased hardcover? Is it the standard 7x10, or is the the 9x11 they did with Superman Year One and Batman Damned?
    Standard size

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    Standard size
    Lame. Thanks!

Spectacular Member

Latest cancellations include Aquaman Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 (originally announced for March 2020) and Batman Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 8 (originally announced for April 2020).

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Latest cancellations include Aquaman Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 (originally announced for March 2020) and Batman Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 8 (originally announced for April 2020).
    Batman was aannounced a few weeks back but with the proviso that it would be resolicited. Hopefully Aquaman is in the same boat (pun unintended).

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Batman was aannounced a few weeks back but with the proviso that it would be resolicited. Hopefully Aquaman is in the same boat (pun unintended).
    So is the Batman volume still going to be printed, it would be a shame if they did not end the Golden age run as the end is so close maybe two volumes?
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    So is the Batman volume still going to be printed, it would be a shame if they did not end the Golden age run as the end is so close maybe two volumes?
    That's what DC said when they announced the cancellation. Hopefully it will turn up in the solicits later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    That's what DC said when they announced the cancellation. Hopefully it will turn up in the solicits later this month.
    Thanks Brian.
    Hail Hydra!

The Snyder Batman omnibus is ....... difficult
    Just reading the second story in this 1100+ page bear trap
    Was made more difficult with the small lettering
    But at least the stories and art are very good and worth the
    Agony of holding each page down.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    The Snyder Batman omnibus is ....... difficult
    Just reading the second story in this 1100+ page bear trap
    Was made more difficult with the small lettering
    But at least the stories and art are very good and worth the
    Agony of holding each page down.
    Yeah I heard that it was constructed poorly. I just don’t get why DC would mess with a run this important. I’ve chosen to keep the trades but would’ve loved to upgrade to the omni had the binding been done properly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Possibly an innocent slip of the finger on your part, but Johns wrote through to #50 of N52 Justice League (conclusion of Darkseid War).
    I did a quick wiki search and it had 40 listed, thanks for the correction!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    What should I buy next - Batman by Loeb & Sale omni or Batman Knightfall omni 1?

I haven't read any of the material but am interested in both.
    I think the Loeb/Sale stuff holds up better when compared to modern comics (i.e., dialogue & art is pretty much the same as what you'd come to expect from a modern comic). Knightfall is still a great read for me, but I was there when it originally came out so I don't find it different, but it's certainly a more "aged reading experience", if that makes sense. Many of the issues were still giving descriptions in the panels of what the art was doing, which was common then.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

One issue into the first volume of John Byrne's Wonder Woman and I'm already moody about not being able to see the inner part of the pages and I don't like the art. Great start
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I love the art
    On the second volume now

Dan DiDio talking collected editions

“We had a very poor 2018 with our collections. It forced us to reevaluate what we were collecting and how, so you saw a lot of changes taking place. If you saw the cancellations that occurred after solicitation, that’s probably because there was no appreciable interest for these titles-meaning that we couldn’t hit the minimum number to justify print. I’d much prefer just to cancel books than to have devalued product out there. We have to find ways to make our collected editions valuable, so that people want to purchase them and put them on a shelf. We also have to reevaluate these collections of six issues and out-when you collect six issues of a periodical regardless if it’s a complete story. You’re going to see more tweaking going forward, but I feel like we’re in a very good place.”

“We’re not cancelling because it’s a couple of copies off the number. We’re cancelling because it’s thousands of copies off. If we cannot get to two-thirds of that [minimum] number, then it does not justify publication.”

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...y-collections/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

so I know John Byrne's superman omnibus is cancelled, so can someone explain this? https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Man-...s%2C176&sr=1-1

This was the original link to the omnibus, now it calls it the man of steel volume 1, but the contents include more than that...so was the omni just renamed and became a hardcover?