View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1081 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 8158198110311071107710781079108010811082108310841085109111311181 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,215 of 21671
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    I was lukewarm on it also. I think it's one of those series that would have been more enjoyable to follow month to month than to read in collected format. The story arcs seemed kind of bland.

What it accomplished was good MOMENTS, like baby Damian and some other panels between him and Batman.

The same can be said for Tomasi and Gleason's Superman run. It was fun to follow month to month but if you read it all together it will probably seem weak as an overall long term story. That said i still wish they were handling it instead of Bendis...
    Yes, I wish Peter Tomasi was still writing Supes and not Bendis. I disliked how Bendis wrote X-Men and Guardians, although his earlier stuff such as Daredevil was very good. I was fearing that Bendis would get to write Superman and he did. I don't know why, but just reading those few pages of his in Action Comics #1000 has put me off already.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, I wish Peter Tomasi was still writing Supes and not Bendis. I disliked how Bendis wrote X-Men and Guardians, although his earlier stuff such as Daredevil was very good. I was fearing that Bendis would get to write Superman and he did. I don't know why, but just reading those few pages of his in Action Comics #1000 has put me off already.
    All New XMen was so much fun! But...there was no plot. It had zero direction. And that's why I gave up on the series. GotG was similar, but it wasnt fun. In fact it was all around pretty bad. I dropped that faster after 12 issues. Heard he was coming to DC, didnt care. I won't be reading anything he writes. For now at least. If he is able to write something stellar I'll get back on board.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Your best bet is to simply be patient and wait. The errors are real and, for me, significant. The replacement will be more available eventually. It will say "Second Printing" on the inside.
    Due to the Omnibus' being sealed in cellophane how would someone know it's a 2nd printing and not mistakenly buy the 1st print? sometimes comic shops will have overstock items on the shelf.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Due to the Omnibus' being sealed in cellophane how would someone know it's a 2nd printing and not mistakenly buy the 1st print? sometimes comic shops will have overstock items on the shelf.
    You're correct. The cellophane makes it impossible to know. I can offer no solutions to that except maybe explaining the situation to your LCS person and asking to remove the cellophane or something.

Were I an LCS owner, I would simply remove the cellophane for all of them, so potential buyers that know of the error can have a shot at not buying the wrong printing.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Grayson omnibus
    Color me disappointed.
    I also read the series for the first time via the Omnibus and after all the hype it received (I was already a big fan of King and Janin) I felt exactly the same as you. I could've written the same review you posted. I don't get it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I think it's because an OP monster from space who hates Supes is a pretty tired idea and it wasn't even done well. It was just mindless action and a reveal I didn't even want.
    Yes, totally agree with you on both points. I read it again today and I disliked it even more. Boring villain and an unwanted rewrite of an important event in Superman's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    All New XMen was so much fun! But...there was no plot. It had zero direction. And that's why I gave up on the series. GotG was similar, but it wasnt fun. In fact it was all around pretty bad. I dropped that faster after 12 issues. Heard he was coming to DC, didnt care. I won't be reading anything he writes. For now at least. If he is able to write something stellar I'll get back on board.
    You make some good points. X-Men had some interesting moments but I didn't like what he did with some of the characters or bringing the original X-Men back which apparently wasn't his idea but Axel Alonso's. And yes, GotG was very very bad, nothing really good to remember. Anyway, I'll probably test an issue or two of Superman but I fear what he's going to do with Kal and his supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is Batman 66 good fun? Considering the omnibus
    So nobody has an opinion on this?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    So nobody has an opinion on this?
    I asked this question a good while ago and I think most people at the time said it was a fun read. It’s going to be a blind buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I asked this question a good while ago and I think most people at the time said it was a fun read. It’s going to be a blind buy for me.
    That’ll do then, I’ll give it a go, I’m not bothered about continuity any more, in fact I prefer DC stuff if it’s out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, totally agree with you on both points. I read it again today and I disliked it even more. Boring villain and an unwanted rewrite of an important event in Superman's history.

You make some good points. X-Men had some interesting moments but I didn't like what he did with some of the characters or bringing the original X-Men back which apparently wasn't his idea but Axel Alonso's. And yes, GotG was very very bad, nothing really good to remember. Anyway, I'll probably test an issue or two of Superman but I fear what he's going to do with Kal and his supporting cast.
    I was unaware that it wasn't his idea. I actually really enjoyed the concept of the time traveling X-Men. His Spider-Man run constantly gets high praise, as does Alias, but I've never read either one. I'm overall uninterested in Superman right now anyway. I was really digging the idea of the Multiversity plots, but that never really seemed to continue.

Have heard the same. Will also be blind buying.

Incredible Member

I’m a little upset it doesn’t include the Green Hornet crossover they did. I think it has everything else.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I’m a little upset it doesn’t include the Green Hornet crossover they did. I think it has everything else.
    I think these sorts of crossovers will continue to the point where it may have become impractical for the omnibus to ever be complete. Maybe there'll be a second omnibus? The latest crossover I'm aware of is currently available for preorder: Archie Meets Batman '66.

I grew up watching a lot of that show (80's syndication, not the original broadcast in the 60's). We taped a bunch of eps on VHS and my brother and I wore the tapes out. I bought the Blu-rays/digital copy when that set was finally released after excruciating decades of waiting for the rights to be worked out. I'm not a modern toy collector, but I did buy the Funko Batman '66 3.75" figures that were recently released, because that is all I ever wanted as an 8-year old.

When the comic series came out, I read the first 10 issues in print (equivalent to the first 30 digital-first issues). I liked it okay. It did a mostly good job of capturing the tone, look, and humor of the show. But in the end it's really just an imitation. I wasn't convinced that porting it over to the comic book medium did anything particularly special. In the end, when I want to experience that show, I would just rather watch my blu-rays.

So I don't plan on buying the omni. That is to say, I didn't preorder it. It's $125 IIRC. Now if it shows up on IST for 50% off, I MIGHT be tempted again. Or if I eventually see it going for clearance prices. I buy a lot of Batman hardcovers, but I just don't foresee myself prioritizing reading that particular omnibus, and it would end up being shelf decoration.

But I'm certainly not trying to dissuade anyone from buying it. I'd love to hear what folks think of it once you read it.