View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 973 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 47387392396396997097197297397497597697798310231073 ... LastLast
Results 14,581 to 14,595 of 21669

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Where do I go after Moore SotST?
    Depends. Are you looking for similar content? Or looking for the next series of issues?

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    No questions, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love some pics...
    I never can get the upload picture feature here to work (I'm always on mobile) and imgur doesn't let you upload from their website anymore. So here's the best I got. Sorry for the bad lightning. Includes a forward by Len!

https://postimg.org/gallery/28b6prmqk/

Looks nice Could you please take photos of Wein's foreword? I'd love to read it

Can anyone confirm the contents of the Justice League International Omnibus? Mines still in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    Looks nice Could you please take photos of Wein's foreword? I'd love to read it
    https://postimg.org/gallery/11ylzxhuk/

Sorry for the lighting again. I took a few different ones, hopefully you can read all of it between them. Its dated 1991, which is unfortunate that we couldn't get something more recent. Its still nice to read about Len and ST. I would've been real impressed if they added something for the Pasko run. Regardless, I feel an Alan Moore omni can't be too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    https://postimg.org/gallery/11ylzxhuk/

Sorry for the lighting again. I took a few different ones, hopefully you can read all of it between them. Its dated 1991, which is unfortunate that we couldn't get something more recent. Its still nice to read about Len and ST. I would've been real impressed if they added something for the Pasko run. Regardless, I feel an Alan Moore omni can't be too far off.
    Thanks a ton

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I was going to ask for pictures of Nestor Redondo's work but I checked Google Images and that stuff looks fantastic as well. I ended up passing on the Bronze Age Swamp Thing Book but it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I was going to ask for pictures of Nestor Redondo's work but I checked Google Images and that stuff looks fantastic as well. I ended up passing on the Bronze Age Swamp Thing Book but it looks great.
    He really has those clean lines and really gives the book that old school horror vibe.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

He really has those clean lines and really gives the book that old school horror vibe.

I read the Wrightson/Wein stuff after the Alan Moore stuff and I was surprised how much of that stuff sets up themes and ideas that Moore would use.

Looking at the Redondo stuff makes me think the same thing, especially the way they play with the logo on the title pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I read the Wrightson/Wein stuff after the Alan Moore stuff and I was surprised how much of that stuff sets up themes and ideas that Moore would use.

Looking at the Redondo stuff makes me think the same thing, especially the way they play with the logo on the title pages.
    Yes! Moore certainly did his homework. And as much as I dig Faboks work, it doesn't really compare to Redondo or Totleben and Bissette.

Depends. Are you looking for similar content? Or looking for the next series of issues?
    Next in the series please?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Next in the series please?
    That would be Rick Veitch, who wrote #65-87 #65-81 was collected in a now OoP 3 volumes. I believe volume 4 was to finish #81-88, but #88 contained the tabor ST meets Jesus issues, which got Vietch off ST.

To my knowledge, the rest of Swamp Thing remains uncollected, up until #140 I believe. Doug Wheeler took over from #88-109, and Nancy A. Collins took over #110-138. I believe #139 was part of the Black Orchid mini crossover. #140 on was co written by Morrison and Millar for the first 4 issues, before Millar took over by himself, until the end of the series at #171. These are collected in three tpbs, Swamp Thing Root of all Evil, Darker Genesis and Trail by Fire.

After that was the Brain K. Vaughn 12 issue series about an adult Tefé Holland, and then the Andy Diggle (and others) brought the series back for 21 issues (iirc), before Swamp Thing finally returned in Brightest Day, and into the New 52.

That would be Rick Veitch, who wrote #65-87 #65-81 was collected in a now OoP 3 volumes. I believe volume 4 was to finish #81-88, but #88 contained the tabor ST meets Jesus issues, which got Vietch off ST.

To my knowledge, the rest of Swamp Thing remains uncollected, up until #140 I believe. Doug Wheeler took over from #88-109, and Nancy A. Collins took over #110-138. I believe #139 was part of the Black Orchid mini crossover. #140 on was co written by Morrison and Millar for the first 4 issues, before Millar took over by himself, until the end of the series at #171. These are collected in three tpbs, Swamp Thing Root of all Evil, Darker Genesis and Trail by Fire.

After that was the Brain K. Vaughn 12 issue series about an adult Tefé Holland, and then the Andy Diggle (and others) brought the series back for 21 issues (iirc), before Swamp Thing finally returned in Brightest Day, and into the New 52.
    The BKV series went more than 12 issues. I think it was 18 to 20. There also was a recent six issue mini that Wein wrote that was pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Can anyone confirm the contents of the Justice League International Omnibus? Mines still in the mail
    JL 1-6
    JLI 7-25
    JLA 26-30
    JL Annual 1
    JLI annual 2-3
    JLE 1-6
    Suicide Squad 13

All-New Member

Now that Absolute Authority is out, can someone list the complete contents?