View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 367 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2673173573633643653663673683693703713774174678671367 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 21672
    Incredible Member

^ It's not like they're opposed to multiple omni's, though... Look at the speed with which they're handling JSA and GL.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    ^ It's not like they're opposed to multiple omni's, though... Look at the speed with which they're handling JSA and GL.
    Yeah, but they haven't done but a small handful of omnis that aren't written by Johns or Morrison, or have Perez involvement. And there are only two Batman omnis in the works, they seem to prefer Absolutes or Deluxes for Batman material at this point. I doubt these chunky TPBs are probably not going to be recollected again in a more deluxe format anytime soon.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    That's the one when I decided enough is enough (or not enough actually ) and didn't buy it.
    What?! But we need all the pre-orders we can get to ensure a vol. 4!!!

If they cancel this line I shall hold you personally responsible...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quick question. I just purchased Saga of the Swamp Thing Hardcovers 1-6 and volume one is the first printing with the waxy dust jacket. The other volumes are regular dust jackets. Does anyone know if the reprinted edition of volume 1 uses the later style dust jacket and not the shitty waxy version? I've seen a volume 1 hardcover in a youtube video and it looks like a normal version, but wanted to check with someone who might actually own it to make sure. Thanks.

Same with the Flash. And that's because they've all got Geoff Johns' name on them.

For those who are interested in the JSA Vol.3 Binding

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post

That book looks beautiful! So with all of the "kingdom come specials" is that the entire kingdom come story or no?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post

*snip*
    They look so damn good together, well done DC. Hopefully the 3 Green Lantern Omnis will look just as good together (and assuming they keep up the quality of Volume 1 thats seems likely)

When my copy finally arrives I plan on finally unwrapping volume 1 and binging my way through all three volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    They look so damn good together, well done DC. Hopefully the 3 Green Lantern Omnis will look just as good together (and assuming they keep up the quality of Volume 1 thats seems likely)

When my copy finally arrives I plan on finally unwrapping volume 1 and binging my way through all three volumes.
    Man, completely agree. Ordering mine next week (want to combine it with a few other things) and can't wait to dig into it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Yeah, but they haven't done but a small handful of omnis that aren't written by Johns or Morrison, or have Perez involvement. And there are only two Batman omnis in the works, they seem to prefer Absolutes or Deluxes for Batman material at this point. I doubt these chunky TPBs are probably not going to be recollected again in a more deluxe format anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Same with the Flash. And that's because they've all got Geoff Johns' name on them.
    All true, I did think about the John's connection. I don't understand how they think a Batman series of omni's wouldn't sell just as well, though. It's Batman. Put out a couple of volumes... the money will come.

All true, I did think about the John's connection. I don't understand how they think a Batman series of omni's wouldn't sell just as well, though. It's Batman. Put out a couple of volumes... the money will come.
    I think if this Golden Age omnibus and the Neal Adams books sell, then we might see more.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I think if this Golden Age omnibus and the Neal Adams books sell, then we might see more.
    Then I'm half tempted to hope the Adams one doesn't sell, because it still really bothers me that DC won't issue unrecolored Adams volumes. I can't read those garish nightmares.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Then I'm half tempted to hope the Adams one doesn't sell, because it still really bothers me that DC won't issue unrecolored Adams volumes. I can't read those garish nightmares.
    Same. Regarding recolorings, does the Alan Moore DC Universe book have the original color version of Killing Joke?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    Same. Regarding recolorings, does the Alan Moore DC Universe book have the original color version of Killing Joke?
    I don't have all of the various Alan Moore collections, I feel like there's 3 different ones, not sure all even have the TKJ period, but I do have 2006's DC Universe:The Stories of Alan Moore TPB and it does have the original coloring version.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Seeing all three JSA volumes together makes me even more excited to get mine. It's been dispatched from IST and I may have it by Sat!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime