View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 513 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 134134635035095105115125135145155165175235636131013 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Happily surprised by Supergirl the Silver Age Omnibus. Looks like DC is really looking to mine the defunct archive line of restored comics. Hoping the quality on these stays high and we add Silver Age Superman and Batman, also hoping the omnibus line marches past what was collected in the Archives. It's not like they don't have a need to clean up these old comics for digital sales.

Waiting on the GA Plastic Man and Wonder Woman omni's as well
    That would certainly be cool, but I wonder if this is a reaction to the TV series, more than it is building off the Archives collection.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Part of it is an issue between Dan DiDio and Mark Waid, apparently. DiDio was essentially the Editor in Chief of DC for many years. Now he's the co-publisher of DC alongside Jim Lee, while Geoff Johns' title is something like "Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment." Those three basically get to call the shots about what's happening with the comic books. Back when DiDio was EIC, he hated what Waid (and the other writers) did on "52," and thought "Countdown" was a better execution of that concept. Also, this happened regarding Waid's return to write Wally West Flash in 2006: “…once I committed to the project and we’d solicited the first issue, before even one script was finished every single promise that had been made to me to get me back aboard was reneged upon, so integrity and backbone demanded I quit on principle before the first issue even came out. The only reason I stayed six was because of my loyalty to my editor, who didn’t deserve to be screwed.” It's not explicit this was DiDio's doing, but when the guy is basically at or near the top, there's probably a good chance he was involved.

So Waid and DiDio apparently do not get along great, and Waid probably has some issues with some of the higher ups on the comics side at DC. Who those were in addition to DiDio during his time there before he left, I'm not sure. Waid also didn't hold back from speaking out about these issues once he moved onto other things, like being the EIC at Boom.

This is anecdotal evidence, and I may be remembering incorrectly, but I saw Waid speak at a con a handful of years back and I believe DiDio was in the audience and Waid spotted him and said something friendly. So who knows if this animosity is just personal or just business.

But Waid's business relationship with DiDio and DC seems damaged enough that no one expects to see any Waid-centric books or projects other than the evergreen best seller "Kingdom Come" be given any special treatment. So probably no Waid Wally West Flash Omnibuses, no Superman Birthright fancy editions.
    Thanks for the info. I just read his interview with aint it cool news....it's a shame his work is getting put on the back burner due to past personal problems. The fans deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    That would certainly be cool, but I wonder if this is a reaction to the TV series, more than it is building off the Archives collection.
    I was wondering the same thing, but there's a chance it could be both. DC might have intentions of collecting all its characters in Gold and Silver Age stories but possibly moved up Supergirl. Who knows? After being the reminded of the Waid/Flash debacle I don't expect much.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, but there's a chance it could be both. DC might have intentions of collecting all its characters in Gold and Silver Age stories but possibly moved up Supergirl. Who knows? After being the reminded of the Waid/Flash debacle I don't expect much.
    This is very exciting if they are going to keep moving along with a release every other month or so with these. If they re-release archives in omnibus format, I know I'll pick them up. Even material I'm a little sketchy on, like World's Finest, I 'm getting. I was thinking about getting the Supergirl SA TPB that was solicited awhile ago, now I'll just get this omnibus instead. ;-) Way to go, DC.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Stoked for new volumes of Nightwing, Suicide Squad, and Superman:MoS!!!

Kind of surprised at the Invasion! reprint. It seems like the last printing was only a few years ago, and I wouldn't imagine it did all that well...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Glad to see the beefy page counts for the new Elseworlds trades, but disappointed in some of the contents. Superman at Earth's End is one of the worst comics ever written.
    Though maybe now it's approaching so-bad-it's-good territory?

Weird that the Morrison/Millar Flash is being demoted to paperback, though it's nice that they're apparently including every issue and tie-in now.

In case you guys didn't catch this, Amazon currently has the Supergirl Silver Age Omni listed as a tpb and listed for $19.99. If you use the code "25OFFBOOK", you can get it for $15 and change.

I hope they honor it!

http://www.amazon.com/Supergirl-Silv...ergirl+omnibus

Incredible Member

Along with the supergirl omni, Scalped and Absolute Preacher I'll definitly be picking up, the DC/Dark Horse crossover book, I've been looking at the indivdiaul issues a lot on eBay lately and wondering why they hadn't been collected properly yet.

Nightwing, Batman Adventures and Elseworlds will also promptly go into a preorder.

A great batch of solicitations spoiled ever so slightly by that Flash downgrade anyone on the twitter able to reach out to someone and find out what happened there?

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    In case you guys didn't catch this, Amazon currently has the Supergirl Silver Age Omni listed as a tpb and listed for $19.99. If you use the code "25OFFBOOK", you can get it for $15 and change.

I hope they honor it!

Awesome. Do they normally honor mistakes like this?

in for dcu/aliens for sure ive long hoped for this

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marth555 View Post
    in for dcu/aliens for sure ive long hoped for this
    I'm disappointed that they did not include the Green Lantern/Aliens crossover though

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Superman MOS Vol 9 is the most exciting news!

Thanks DC for finishing off collecting Byrne's run (now I can custom bind!).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post

I hope they honor it!

Ugh why can't these glitches ever happen to books I actually want?!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ugh why can't these glitches ever happen to books I actually want?!
    same, I was thinking about preordering it but I have zero interest in silver age stuff (midget shooting and all that, wasn't there an issue where somebody turnes into a giant bee or locust? Lana or supergirl maybe? NO THANK YOU! )

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Awesome. Do they normally honor mistakes like this?
    They did with the Spiderverse OHC.