View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 675 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1755756256656716726736746756766776786796857257751175 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 21672

Just finished Perez's WW omnibus. Pretty solid, it's held up fairly well. I kind of wish they included Millenium and AC 600, or at least the relative parts of each. It was an awkward jump at the end of 13 to 14, and then 16 to 17. Looking forward to a second omnibus of his, and potentially a third?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster283 View Post
    Ignorant question: Are there no solicits coming out this week? Don't they come out every third Monday for DC? Obviously not this month since I've seen nothing.
    It's usually the third Monday or Tuesday, unless there are 5 Wednesdays, then it's usually the 4th week.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'll be picking up the first 2 volumes of the Golden, Silver & Bronze Age Omnis for at least Superman, Supergirl, Batman, World's Finest, Flash, JLA and Brave & The Bold and see how it goes with further volumes. I don't want to leave the volume 1's orphaned on the shelf. My kids often ask me where's Vol. 2 and/or if I'll be picking up a Vol. 2

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'll be picking up the first 2 volumes of the Golden, Silver & Bronze Age Omnis for at least Superman, Supergirl, Batman, World's Finest, Flash, JLA and Brave & The Bold and see how it goes with further volumes. I don't want to leave the volume 1's orphaned on the shelf. My kids often ask me where's Vol. 2 and/or if I'll be picking up a Vol. 2
    Yea I cant quite get myself to buy flash 1 or jla 1 after seeing jla 2 go for a radical change in dustjacket. Either they reprint vol 1 or someones got to make a custom one that matches.

Honestly, the whole dustjacket thing doesn't really bother me that much

Extraordinary Member

Could someone who has the Gotham Central Omnibus let me know what if any extras it contains?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Yea I cant quite get myself to buy flash 1 or jla 1 after seeing jla 2 go for a radical change in dustjacket. Either they reprint vol 1 or someones got to make a custom one that matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Honestly, the whole dustjacket thing doesn't really bother me that much
    It majorly bothered me at first but I've now grown used to the 2 different JLA covers. I appreciate the uniqueness of the Vol. 1 cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Could someone who has the Gotham Central Omnibus let me know what if any extras it contains?
    a foreword by Duanne Swierszdhfnczxy and like 5 or 6 pages of sketches.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    next to none, just five pages of character sketches

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It majorly bothered me at first but I've now grown used to the 2 different JLA covers. I appreciate the uniqueness of the Vol. 1 cover.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer them to be the same/similar. But it's certainly not a deal breaker for me. The Ultimate FF and Ex Machina ohc jacket errors bother me more actually.

They can keep on producing Golden Age volumes of Batman and Superman, and I'll keep on buying. I love the format, and I'd love to have entire runs from the 40s and 50s on my bookshelf.

The B-listers interest me too. How about some Jay Garrick Flash and Alan Scott Green Lantern from the 1940s, DC? We only got two archives of each. I'd enjoy reading more. And surely All-Star Comics deserves the Omnibus treatment, particularly since it's already all been restored for the Archives.

I like the C-list characters myself. I'll just about anything from the 1940s that DC cares to reprint. For me, it's the Silver Age that is often a little too lightweight to really enjoy. Green Lantern has been pretty good, but I haven't pulled the trigger on the Flash omnibus yet. I'm not a big fan of the character or the series, given what little I've read from other reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecHolland View Post
    What do you guys think of the possibility of Alan Scott and Jay Garrick Omnis? Maybe when the Flash Movie comes out. Also anybody hear about a oversized edition of Mike Grell's Green Arrow or have any insight on whether that would happen or not.
    As you can see from my comments above, these two characters are number one on my wish list for reprints.
    Last edited by andersonh1; 08-19-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Just finished Perez's WW omnibus. Pretty solid, it's held up fairly well. I kind of wish they included Millenium and AC 600, or at least the relative parts of each. It was an awkward jump at the end of 13 to 14, and then 16 to 17. Looking forward to a second omnibus of his, and potentially a third?
    I have no idea if they will release a 2nd Omni. It seems it was solicited, or at least we posted on Amazon, before being taken down and replaced with a reprinting trade of the first few issues (again.) If I remember correctly, the Omni collects everything that was already collected at one point. Everything after (save for War of the Gods) has yet to be collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I have no idea if they will release a 2nd Omni. It seems it was solicited, or at least we posted on Amazon, before being taken down and replaced with a reprinting trade of the first few issues (again.) If I remember correctly, the Omni collects everything that was already collected at one point. Everything after (save for War of the Gods) has yet to be collected.
    I don't know what the sales numbers were, but I am kind of assuming they will release a second. DC seems to be pretty good with follow up omnibuses(generally).

I don't know what the sales numbers were, but I am kind of assuming they will release a second. DC seems to be pretty good with follow up omnibuses(generally).
    I really hope we do get a V.2. Especially with the Wonder Woman filming releasing. I think they can cram everything else Perez wrote in v.2, even if they leave out the War of the Gods (because I really don't want to double dip).

Is it unusual that the JLA Bronze Age Omni still hasn't been reduced in price if you preorder it on Amazon?
    The Green Lantern omni has been reduced but the JLA one is still about £77.