View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 620 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1205205706106166176186196206216226236246306707201120 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    OCD alarm: yet another new logo for DC:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/...-by-pentagram/
    Where the previous (current) one looks too designed, this one looks old and tired. But whatever I guess, we'll still buy their damn books if the content is good.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Just learning of these now and yes, utterly terrible trend. Who on earth buys that?(rhetorical question, apparently there are such people) And to think these releases are taking the spot of another release when DC has so much to collect or recollect.
    Well, actually there's probably a number of us buying the new DK series because it's the current HC option. In regards to going back and buying these new older release? I don't know. I personally don't see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Well, actually there's probably a number of us buying the new DK series because it's the current HC option. In regards to going back and buying these new older release? I don't know. I personally don't see the appeal.
    I'd expect people buy them, since they expect the books to be easier to read than a bulky omnibus or absolute. If the binding's as stiff as a dead person though, I guess people will reconsider. I know I do now. I was thinking of collecting those DKIII HC's, but I won't now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Just learning of these now and yes, utterly terrible trend. Who on earth buys that?(rhetorical question, apparently there are such people) And to think these releases are taking the spot of another release when DC has so much to collect or recollect.
    Maybe in the case of secret wars or civil war when there are OOP books involved, and the build quality is superior to current formats I can see it. And in the case of the new dark knight, you can pick up issues as they come out just like a floppy but its not a delicate flower. But Watchmen? I dunno, when there are good deluxe and very nice absolute editions around I feel like it is only for the hardcore collector who needs it in every possible format.

Or those guys who voted standard hc as their preferred format wtf? Give your heads a shake guys

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Maybe in the case of secret wars or civil war when there are OOP books involved, and the build quality is superior to current formats I can see it. And in the case of the new dark knight, you can pick up issues as they come out just like a floppy but its not a delicate flower. But Watchmen? I dunno, when there are good deluxe and very nice absolute editions around I feel like it is only for the hardcore collector who needs it in every possible format.

Or those guys who voted standard hc as their preferred format wtf? Give your heads a shake guys
    Watchmen is available in deluxe, standard hc and like 3 different tpb-s and the absolute isn't so hard to find either.
    These are the single issues in hc format it's not even like the Marvel box sets which are collected editions.
    I don't know it's weird, maybe they try to do something like the French and Belgian albums?
    I'm not a fan of this either.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post

The Marvel box sets are a completely different format, though. With the Secret Wars and Civil War sets you get regular hardcovers collecting multiple issues; usually around 300-400 pages of material. They also have sewn binding and are very easy to read.

They are really, really cool sets.

These single issue, 32 page, glued mousetrap books are just silly.

Incredible Member

I'm bummed to hear about the binding on the Dark Knight master race hardcovers. They're beautiful books and I love box sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Watchmen is available in deluxe, standard hc and like 3 different tpb-s and the absolute isn't so hard to find either.
    These are the single issues in hc format it's not even like the Marvel box sets which are collected editions.
    I don't know it's weird, maybe they try to do something like the French and Belgian albums?
    I'm not a fan of this either.
    I'm not ashamed to say that I'm excited to see Watchmen being reprinted in this format. It seems like a fresh idea. I mean, what else "new" could they do besides make an even bigger version than the absolute? Watchmen is a fantastic piece of literature, and it's smart to test this new format with such a classic tale from Mr. Moore himself.

Incredible Member

I'll buy TDKR hardcover slipcase cause I'm a sucker that way, but not interested in the Watchmen one. My deluxe is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    $100 for the flash omni is a little steep. Getting closer to marvel pricing.
    If you want it, Amazon still has it at 33 bucks at the moment.

ooops, nevermind

Incredible Member

Ugh. What are the odds it makes an appearance on the last round of New 52/DC You era trades?

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Sam View Post
    I'm not ashamed to say that I'm excited to see Watchmen being reprinted in this format. It seems like a fresh idea. I mean, what else "new" could they do besides make an even bigger version than the absolute? Watchmen is a fantastic piece of literature, and it's smart to test this new format with such a classic tale from Mr. Moore himself.
    I'm not sure if they should try anything new with it. If it would be my decision I would do it in absolute sized hc-s like french albums but with nice bindings. A set like this is aimed more at collectors than casual readers so why not make it more of a collector's item? This feels like an inbetween, cheap cash in.
    But hey, if there is a market for it then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm not sure if they should try anything new with it. If it would be my decision I would do it in absolute sized hc-s like french albums but with nice bindings. A set like this is aimed more at collectors than casual readers so why not make it more of a collector's item? This feels like an inbetween, cheap cash in.
    But hey, if there is a market for it then why not?
    I share your thoughts about that, especially if The Watchmen HC are eventually not substantially oversized. Sadly I am the typical collector targeted by these editions.

Johnatellodi, if needed I have uploaded a picture of the Dark Knight III Collector HC binding on my blog http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ster-race.html (I will update the article soon as I have ordered yesterday vol 3 and 4).

All-New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm may take my first omnibus this month. Scared about the hardness of those huge book.
    Are Sandman omniboo (omnibi?) resistant?
    And what about others omnibuses? Some that i really should not take because of their weakness?

Hrm, Pentagram is normally an excellent design studio but this one is pretty uninspired. DC should just go back to the Milton Glaser designed 'Bullet' logo, that's still the best one they've had.