View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1022 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 225229229721012101810191020102110221023102410251026103210721122 ... LastLast
Results 15,316 to 15,330 of 21670
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Speaking of Omega Men...ive only read the first 3 issues of MM, but I get the same feeling I did from Omega Men. It doesn't feel like anything special, but everyone is making the biggest deal about it. It honestly isn't that great. And when they spend 3 pages showing ...someone dying, for example (trying to keep it spoiler free), it really takes it out for me.
    Yeah, I got that because of the raves from everyone in this thread/other sites. Struggled through the first four or five issues and haven't been back to it since.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The Hellblazer movie was heavily based on Garth's work and that was horrible, too.
    Eh, this movie gets too much flack because of Constantine's characterization. Taken in a vacuum, it's a great popcorn flick that nailed the ending, even more so than the source material imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    only read his Batman Rebirth so far, it was just okay. Didn't care for his style. Really looking forward to read the Vision ohc that's coming out.
    I really enjoyed his Vision series. I really love it. Everything else...meh. Its not bad, but there's MUCH better content out there.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For those interested in Omnibus sales stats, the figures for DC Omnibuses released in December 2017 are below:

Jack Kirby’s Fourth World Omnibus - 1,854
    Batgirl The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1 - 817
    Green Arrow The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1 – 593
    Justice League of America The Detroit Era Omnibus - 583
    Pretty pleased with both the Bronze Age Batgirl and Green Arrow sales. Hope both are good enough for future installments. Saw a mapping where it would only take 3 volumes to complete Golden Age Green Arrow.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Pretty pleased with both the Bronze Age Batgirl and Green Arrow sales. Hope both are good enough for future installments. Saw a mapping where it would only take 3 volumes to complete Golden Age Green Arrow.
    1,854:is a pretty amazing figure for the Jack Kirby’s Fourth World Omnibus. It beats a lot of Marvel Omnibuses with regards to their premiere month which is no easy feat, in particular when one takes into account it being a $150 book. Also what's interesting to note is that even with the blaring error of a duplicate page, comic retailers have been reordering it due to high demand. I wonder if DC are going to be bothered to do anything about fixing it.

I'm still on the fence as to whether to pick up the Green Arrow Golden Age Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Eh, this movie gets too much flack because of Constantine's characterization. Taken in a vacuum, it's a great popcorn flick that nailed the ending, even more so than the source material imo.
    I don't remember all of the ending but I'd have to disagree in that the higher power got involved in the movie (remember when the devil was dragging Constantine) and while that was a cool scene I think it took away everything from Garth's everyday mage/magician/whatever. John did everything himself and relied on the long con. To me, that was a key part of his writing that was absent in the storytelling. I guess I shouldn't have said the movie was horrible. It was watchable, but like Preacher - it shouldn't have been called Constantine. Just call it something else.

And don't get me started on that TV show. It's even more ridiculous. Although the guy looks like John, he's running around in dapper clothes with the tie undone - AS A FASHION STATEMENT.

LOL...John didn't do his tie because he was a slob and always on the run. That's more the director/producer fault, tho. I liked the actor.

Mighty Member

^Tried to go into the Preacher show with an open mind, but I just didn't think it was good enough to continue. Like with comics, there's too many great shows available now to watch something I'm not feeling. Did manage to finish season one though

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    ^Tried to go into the Preacher show with an open mind, but I just didn't think it was good enough to continue. Like with comics, there's too many great shows available now to watch something I'm not feeling. Did manage to finish season one though
    I managed through season two but I'm done. I think I did it out of a sense of misplaced loyalty. Ha. I'm not going back for a third said, tho.

Wrong thread

As a purchaser of the Green Arrow omnibus, I've enjoyed what I've read so far. The restoration is good and shows off some art that is better than a lot of contemporary Golden Age characters. I wish George Papp had been drawing some of the A-listers like Batman or Green Lantern. The stories range so far from whimsical (Green Arrow meeting Robin Hood, GA losing his fortune and having to get a job and then fight crime on his lunch hour) to pretty grim (Green Arrow being hanged while the crooks tell him what a good dancer he is, or Green Arrow having his feet encased in cement and tossed into the ocean by harbor pirates). I'm a big fan of 1940s DC anyway, and I'm delighted to get 750 pages of newly reprinted material. I hope for a lot more like this!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't remember all of the ending but I'd have to disagree in that the higher power got involved in the movie (remember when the devil was dragging Constantine) and while that was a cool scene I think it took away everything from Garth's everyday mage/magician/whatever. John did everything himself and relied on the long con. To me, that was a key part of his writing that was absent in the storytelling. I guess I shouldn't have said the movie was horrible. It was watchable, but like Preacher - it shouldn't have been called Constantine. Just call it something else.

And don't get me started on that TV show. It's even more ridiculous. Although the guy looks like John, he's running around in dapper clothes with the tie undone - AS A FASHION STATEMENT.

LOL...John didn't do his tie because he was a slob and always on the run. That's more the director/producer fault, tho. I liked the actor.
    Hellblazer just doesn't suit that CW format. I've watched like 2 or 3 episodes, liked Matt Ryan but everything else was just a flat, dull nothing. HB should be a ballsy HBO, Amazon or Netflix series with like 10 episodes/season and have a serious storyline with heavy themes. Everyone loves a gritty take nowadays but instead of doing something with properties that do that naturally (Sandman Mystery Theatre, Hellblazer, Question) they try to fit Superman and other more upbeat characters into that box.

As for the Keanu Reeves movie, it was alright back then and I remember the ending being pretty decent but SPOILERS: it has nothing on the original story where John first tricks the devil into drinking holy water then tricks them again to cure his cancer and then even gives them the finger! That story made me love Hellblazer.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone know when the Super Sons Rebirth Deluxe Edition is due out?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

Curious that there are no Batman Silver Age Omnibus. I guess if I had a choice of continuing the Golden Age or jumping onto the "new look," bye-bye Bat-Mite.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    Curious that there are no Batman Silver Age Omnibus. I guess if I had a choice of continuing the Golden Age or jumping onto the "new look," bye-bye Bat-Mite.
    That's basically by design at this point.
    DC Collections has stated, or alleged to have stated, that they are trying to preserve and collect the Golden Age material first due to it's aging rate. Silver Age material in various forms has been collected and what hasn't isn't in danger of aging and crumbling away before it's scanned and restored.
    So if they hold to that we aren't likely to see Silver Age Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman for several more years.

However, DC is collecting various Batman Bronze Age material.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

That's basically by design at this point.
    DC Collections has stated, or alleged to have stated, that they are trying to preserve and collect the Golden Age material first due to it's aging rate. Silver Age material in various forms has been collected and what hasn't isn't in danger of aging and crumbling away before it's scanned and restored.
    So if they hold to that we aren't likely to see Silver Age Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman for several more years.

However, DC is collecting various Batman Bronze Age material.
    So what is the process? Are they hunting down actual original comics and art if they don't have a reprint on hand?