View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 227 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1271772172232242252262272282292302312372773277271227 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 21662

How is Morrison's Batman and Robin run?
    I have NEVER really been a fan of Quitely's art, mainly because I first saw it in the pages of New X-Men, and I found it wretched there.
    However! I've read a few digital copies of the Batman and Robin run, and I really LOVE his art in it. I mean, LOVE.

Now, my questions is: Morrison's writing? How is it? I've noticed that he can be so damn interesting to read, and was for the first 5-6 issues of New X-Men, but then he lost me because he just went over-the-top ridiculous.
    Does his Batman and Robin, though, remain pretty solid or does it slip off and go into COMPLETE nonsensical directions (and I mean nonsensical even for comics)?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I have NEVER really been a fan of Quitely's art, mainly because I first saw it in the pages of New X-Men, and I found it wretched there.
    However! I've read a few digital copies of the Batman and Robin run, and I really LOVE his art in it. I mean, LOVE.

Now, my questions is: Morrison's writing? How is it? I've noticed that he can be so damn interesting to read, and was for the first 5-6 issues of New X-Men, but then he lost me because he just went over-the-top ridiculous.
    Does his Batman and Robin, though, remain pretty solid or does it slip off and go into COMPLETE nonsensical directions (and I mean nonsensical even for comics)?
    Batman and Robin is just a part of Bat-epic. Better start read the main title. here reading order
    1. Batman & Son
    2. The Black Glove
    3. Batman RIP
    4. “RIP the Missing Chapter” from Time and the Batman
    5. Batman and Robin: Vol. 1 - Batman Reborn
    6. Batman #700 from Time and the Batman
    7. Batman and Robin: Vol. 2 - Batman vs. Robin
    8. The Return of Bruce Wayne
    9. Batman and Robin: Vol. 3 - Batman and Robin Must Die!
    10. Batman, Incorporated: Vol. 1
    11. Batman, Incorporated: Vol. 1 - Demon Star
    12. Batman, Incorporated: Vol. 2 - Gotham’s Most Wanted
    I started from batman and robin(absolute),and some things(like what is black glove? Who is pig? what happend with goddamn batman?) i didnt understand.
    But,despite this i got a lot of fun. And Frazer Irving art- main reason to take absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Batman and Robin is just a part of Bat-epic. Better start read the main title. here reading order
    1. Batman & Son
    2. The Black Glove
    3. Batman RIP
    I started from batman and robin(absolute),and some things(like what is black glove? Who is pig? what happend with goddamn batman?) i didnt understand.
    But,despite this i got a lot of fun. And Frazer Irving art- main reason to take absolute.

Wow. Thank you! I had no idea as I haven't followed Batman anything.
    Does Morrison write all of those?

Wow. Thank you! I had no idea as I haven't followed Batman anything.
    Does Morrison write all of those?
    Yes. Also he wrote Batman: Gothic(illusrated by Klaus Janson) and Arkham Asalym serious house on serious earth(illustrated by Dave McKean).

Yes. Also he wrote Batman: Gothic(illusrated by Klaus Janson) and Arkham Asalym serious house on serious earth(illustrated by Dave McKean).
    So, obviously, you think his writing for Batman anythings is pretty decent (or you wouldn't like the stories), but what is it like?
    Does he go all out ridiculously crazy and stupid? Or is it good-ridiculous? Do you know what I mean?

So, obviously, you think his writing for Batman anythings is pretty decent (or you wouldn't like the stories), but what is it like?
    Does he go all out ridiculously crazy and stupid? Or is it good-ridiculous? Do you know what I mean?
    i think almost everything by Morrison is pretty decent.
    His Batman-good detective story,relaunching Bat-universe. Little crazy sometimes,but not stupid. Grant has created a great adventure, repeatedly changing its scale and operating individual, but remained faithful to the spirit and beech Batman.

i think almost everything by Morrison is pretty decent.
    His Batman-good detective story,relaunching Bat-universe. Little crazy sometimes,but not stupid. Grant has created a great adventure, repeatedly changing its scale and operating individual, but remained faithful to the spirit and beech Batman.
    Thank you. I guess I'm just hesitant because I didn't care for his New X-men at all.

Thank you. I guess I'm just hesitant because I didn't care for his New X-men at all.
    For me New x-men and Astonishing x-men two must important comics in x-universe. Strange,that you dont like them))

For me New x-men and Astonishing x-men two must important comics in x-universe. Strange,that you dont like them))
    Actually, iirc, a lot of what Morrison did with the X-Men during his run did not stick. Most of his creations have been killed off or are in limbo (which isn't uncommon for X-Men since there are a trillion mutants), but some of his stuff stuck for a bit.

I just didn't care for the writing after the first 5 or so issues, and I couldn't get on board with Quitely's art.

I highly recommend this, it has it's campy parts and some ridiculous villains and situations, but stays true to the bat-mythos. It's a great overall story with a satisfying conclusion. I also love most things Morrison.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    The second Johns GL Omnibus goes up to Blackest Night, which is in the Omni. Im a little sketchy on how long Johns run went on for before the reboot but I'm pretty sure there was brightest day and a few issues before the new 52 debuted. So the new 52 Green Lantern might not be there till a fourth Omnibus.
    There will only be 3. The second Omnibus contains up to the end of Blackest Night (though if you have all the trades like me, you'll notice there's a lot of Blackest Night tie-ins that aren't going to be in the Omnibus.) But yeah there will only be three Omniboo because the few Brightest Day issues that weren't in the Brightest Day Omnibus and the War of The Lanterns arc and then the New 52 run will all be there as well.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think its my favorite part of Morrisons Batman run, but I love Quitely. Morrison totally brings to life Dick Grayson as Batman, Alfred, Gordon, I think his take on the characters are spot on.

1. Batman & Son
    2. The Black Glove
    3. Batman RIP
    I think between point 1 and 2 should be Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul by Morrison and others, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingPirate View Post
    I think between point 1 and 2 should be Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul by Morrison and others, isn't it?
    Not necessary. I didnt include,because its crossover, and dont have serious connection with Morrison storyline.
    Also, beetween poin 3 and 4 you may read Final Crisis,but again,i dont think that its necessary.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

If you didn't care for his New X-Men run, I'm not sure how you'll take his Batman run. In my opinion, his Batman run is much more "Morrison" than his X-run. It's the kind of story that rewards (maybe even requires) multiple readings in order to appreciate everything. In some ways it's a puzzle that the reader is invited to put together. Things that appear in the background in one panel of one series become very important later on in another series. It is NOT a typical Bat-run - absolutely nothing like Miller, Loeb, Snyder, etc. But, that's part of why I love it so much.

As to your point about most of Morrison's X-ideas not sticking, I must disagree. Most of Aaron's best X-stuff Directly springs from Morrison's run. We also got Fantomex, who would go on to be an integral part of the astounding UXF. And, let's not forget, a certain character death from Morrison's run that still persists to this day in the X-universe (though Bendis' run has ameliorated that in some capacity).
    Last edited by The_Dark_Knight; 01-18-2015 at 10:17 AM.