View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 991 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 491891941981987988989990991992993994995100110411091 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,865 of 21671
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    Here's a few pics of the new Batman and Robin omni.Attachment 57932Attachment 57933Attachment 57934
    Thx for the pics bob fett. That is one serious beast. I hope the binding will be flexible enough and hold up well. It looks a bit rigid.

Mine is on its way over from IST. It'll be a while before I receive it though, as I'm in Poland.

It's hard to put into words how ugly the two Knightfall Omnibus spines are. I really want to talk to whoever worked on these books and ask them if they are even aware of the concept of book spines and how that is the area of the book that is presented when you place them on bookshelves.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    It's hard to put into words how ugly the two Knightfall Omnibus spines are. I really want to talk to whoever worked on these books and ask them if they are even aware of the concept of book spines and how that is the area of the book that is presented when you place them on bookshelves.
    Agreed. I thought it would look like a cohesive villain line up but they just sit there as a visual clutter next to each other. No symmetry or plan at all to them being side by side.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

My hope for the future:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-17-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

A Byrne Superman omnibus would be nice although his entire run might need more than one collection.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 11-17-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    My hope for the future:
    Seriously!!!! Plastic Man too!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    A Byrne Superman omnibus would be nice although his entire run might need more than one collection.
    I'd be all over this. They'd sit nicely next to the upcoming Exile book.

They could probably do it in 2 giant volumes, or 3 more manageable ones. I'd prefer 3 smaller ones, personally.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The dustjackets are ugly on front & back, as well. I used to enjoy his art so much, but...bleh. Why does Azbats look fat on volume 2? Lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Speaking of Knightfall, anyone have any pics of volume 2 they wouldn’t mind sharing? I’ve only seen the covers/spine, and I won’t be getting my copy until next month.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Not very interesting, but the latest absolute (JL Worlds Greatest) different size to all the other absolutes

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/56AXN
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 11-18-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Not very interesting, but the latest absolute (JL Worlds Greatest) different size to all the other absolutes

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/56AXN
    It’s the same size as it was when first released if I’m not mistaken. Also, I don’t think the first edition was categorized as an Absolute

It’s the same size as it was when first released if I’m not mistaken. Also, I don’t think the first edition was categorized as an Absolute
    This I did not know, I probably wouldn’t of felt bad about missing this then, as I gotten into the habit of buying any absolute even though I really can’t stand Ross’s artwork

Incredible Member

Yep, I have both versions. Identical dimensions. The exteriors are identical in everyway other then the bottom of the slipcase and the slip of paper with the price/description.

Both are still sealed so I cant tell you if theres any interior differences!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    This I did not know, I probably wouldn’t of felt bad about missing this then, as I gotten into the habit of buying any absolute even though I really can’t stand Ross’s artwork
    His art doesn’t bother me but the writing in this collection is average at best.