View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    I've had the ''Watchmen Collector's Edition Hardcover (Slipcased)'' on my comic book wish list for some time now. Today I found a deal online and decided to buy it, but the image that shows on the DC website and on the website of my prefered online store are different from the book I bought:

Attachment 74798

Attachment 74799

I guess the black one (with Dr. Manhattan) was a concept image, but the slipcase ended up different, because I can't find any other photos of the black slipcase version online, just that one. Can someone tell me if that is the case? Thanks!
    FWIW, I've only ever seen the white slipcase in shops.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DC's Omnibus and Absolute sales (new releases) for November 2018:

90. Absolute Transmetropolitan Vol. 3 - 858
    129. Wonder Woman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 3 - 659
    I like that GA WW vol.3 number!

Wonder if/when they may do and solicit a GA Green Arrow vol.2 Omni? Allegedly the material could be done in 3 volumes.
    The Arrow show on the CW is the strongest argument for why a volume 1 was done. I'd do all 3 before that show leaves if they really want to collect and master so much of the companies bigger IPS older material.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Would you guys consider 52 by Geoff Johns an essential reading, or as important as Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis?

Considering buying the omnibus.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Would you guys consider 52 by Geoff Johns an essential reading, or as important as Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis?

Definitely worth it. Originally, it was marketed as a follow up to Infinite Crisis, but you can actually read it on its own. All you need to know is Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are out of the picture for a year - 52 is what's happening in the meantime.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post

You mean 52 by Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Greg Rucka, Geoff Johns, and Keith Giffen?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You mean 52 by Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Greg Rucka, Geoff Johns, and Keith Giffen?
    lol, this. And yes, it's an incredible book.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    lol, this. And yes, it's an incredible book.
    Yup! Its DC running and firing on ALL cylinders. I need to reread it.

Amazing Member

Haha, thanks everyone.

Does anyone know if they are just releasing the one volume of the deluxe anniversary edition of Morrison's Animal Man or if they are going to release books for the whole run?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoresturgeon View Post
    Does anyone know if they are just releasing the one volume of the deluxe anniversary edition of Morrison's Animal Man or if they are going to release books for the whole run?
    I'm guessing there will be a vol. 2, since that's all that's needed to complete Morrison's run. And he's a big enough name that you don't have to worry about that second vol. being canceled at the last minute.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm guessing there will be a vol. 2, since that's all that's needed to complete Morrison's run. And he's a big enough name that you don't have to worry about that second vol. being canceled at the last minute.
    Thanks! I kinda figured they'd finish the run but hadn't seen any announcements.

ALL-STAR SUPERMAN (DC MODERN CLASSIC) HC
    written by GRANT MORRISON
    art and cover by FRANK QUITELY
    The complete 12-issue run of ALL-STAR SUPERMAN by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely is presented in DC’s new hardcover, slipcased DC Modern Classic format!
    Witness the Man of Steel in exciting adventures featuring Lex Luthor, Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane and more! Plus: Superman goes toe-to-toe with Bizarro, his oddball twin, and the new character Zibarro, also from the Bizarro planet.
    ON SALE 10.30.19
    $49.99 US | 320 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9474-8

BATGIRL OF BURNSIDE OMNIBUS HC
    written by CAMERON STEWART and BRENDEN FLETCHER
    art by BABS TARR, CAMERON STEWART, BENGAL, ELEANORA CARLINI and others
    cover by CAMERON STEWART
    She’s packing her bags, crossing the bridge and heading to Gotham’s coolest neighborhood: Burnside. And when a freak fire burns up her costume and gear, Babs has the chance to become a whole new Batgirl! But she barely slips on her new costume before Batgirl starts trending as Gotham’s first viral vigilante—and attracting a new wave of enemies who want her social-media spotlight for themselves. Collects BATGIRL #35-52, ANNUAL #3, BATGIRL: ENDGAME #1 and more!
    ON SALE 09.04.19 | $75.00 US | 552 PAGES
    FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-9412-0

BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS VOL. 3 HC
    written by MIKE W. BARR
    art by ALAN DAVIS, DAVID ROSS, IRV NOVICK and others
    cover by ALAN DAVIS
    After Halo gets mixed up with a mysterious cult, Batman and the Outsiders are thrust into a battle with Kobra that will take them into outer space! And when Emily Briggs is abducted, Batman and the Outsiders will discover a long-buried secret from her past that will shake the team to its core. Will they be able to overcome these new revelations? Or will they call it quits once and for all? Find out in these tales from BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #24-32, ANNUAL #2 and DC COMICS PRESENTS #83.
    ON SALE 04.03.19
    $49.99 US | 304 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8764-1

BATMAN ETERNAL OMNIBUS HC
    written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, RAY FAWKES, TIM SEELEY, JOHN LAYMAN and KYLE HIGGINS
    art by JASON FABOK, DUSTIN NGUYEN, TREVOR McCARTHY, GUILLEM MARCH, MIKEL JANIN and others
    cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    This yearlong saga follows in the wake of FOREVER EVIL, when tensions between Batman, his allies and the GCPD were at their highest! When a gang war breaks out and new villains arise, it’s up to the Dark Knight, Batgirl and more to turn the tide as best as they can—but will the GCPD be a help or a hindrance? Collects BATMAN ETERNAL issues #1-52 and BATMAN #28.
    ON SALE 09.11.19
    $125.00 US | 1,208 PAGES
    FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-9417-5

BATMAN NOIR: GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT HC
    written by BRIAN AUGUSTYN
    art by MIKE MIGNOLA, P. CRAIG RUSSELL and EDUARDO BARRETO
    cover by MIKE MIGNOLA
    The groundbreaking Elseworlds tales of the Victorian era are back in a new black-and-white edition that showcases the artistry of Mike Mignola, P. Craig Russell and Eduardo Barreto! This volume includes the breakthrough tales GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT and MASTER OF THE FUTURE that pit the Dark Knight against Jack the Ripper and a death-dealer from the skies over Gotham City!
    ON SALE 04.10.19
    $29.99 US | 120 PAGES | 7.5” X 11.5”
    B&W | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8891-4

BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK FOUR HC
    written by JAMES TYNION IV
    art by JAVIER FERNANDEZ, EDDY BARROWS, ALVARO MARTINEZ, PHILIPPE BRIONES and others
    cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    What will Batman do in the wake of Batwoman’s recent violence? And will that drive a wedge between cousins Bruce Wayne and Kate Kane? Then, in the aftermath of the last stand of the Gotham Knights, Batman, Batwoman, Red Robin, Orphan, Azrael, Batwing and company take down a monster they helped create. How will they deal with the physical and psychological ramifications of this epic battle? And who will hang up their capes? This new hardcover collects DETECTIVE COMICS #974-982.
    ON SALE 04.17.19 | $34.99 US | 224 PAGES
    FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8910-2

THE FLASH/GREEN LANTERN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD DELUXE EDITION HC
    written by MARK WAID and TOM PEYER
    art by BARRY KITSON and TOM GRINDBERG
    cover by BARRY KITSON
    Collected in a beautiful Deluxe Edition hardcover edition for the first time, this tale recounts Barry Allen and Hal Jordan’s early adventures together and answers the question of how the Fastest Man Alive and the Emerald Knight were able to put aside their differences to form an unbreakable bond! Also featuring appearances by Kid Flash, Green Arrow and more! Collects issues #1-6, along with a new introduction and a never-before-published full-issue script.
    ON SALE 04.03.19 | $34.99 US | 184 PAGES
    FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8813-6

INJUSTICE VS. MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE HC
    written by TIM SEELEY
    art by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    cover by TIM SEELEY
    Batman recruits He-Man in the ultimate fight against Superman’s dictatorship on Earth! But as He-Man forms an alliance with the heroes of Injustice, his own home of Eternia faces a threat of its own in the form of Darkseid! Collects the six-issue crossover event!
    ON SALE 04.17.19
    $24.99 US | 160 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8837-2

INJUSTICE 2 VOL. 5 HC
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by XERMANICO, DANIEL SAMPERE, BRUNO REDONDO and others
    cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    Condemned to a prison planet by the Guardians of Oa, Hal Jordan must come to grips with his role in Superman’s failed Regime. Haunted by visions of the past and berated by his guard, Soranik, the former Green Lantern takes out his anger on a new arrival. But then an attack on the prison might soon spell disaster for the Green Lantern Corps. Collects issues #25-30!
    ON SALE 04.24.19
    $24.99 US | 144 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8915-7

JUSTICE LEAGUE/AQUAMAN: DROWNED EARTH HC
    written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, DAN ABNETT and ROB WILLIAMS
    art by FRANCIS MANAPUL, HOWARD PORTER, FRASER IRVING, BRUNO REDONDO, LAN MEDINA, CLAYTON HENRY and others
    cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    In the aftermath of the Justice League’s battle with the Legion of Doom, an armada from the stars has come to plunder the Earth and its seas. With powers beyond comprehension, even Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and the rest of the League’s combined might can’t stop these invaders. With nowhere left to turn, these heroes will have to turn to an ancient power to help them, one that even Arthur Curry fears unleashing. Collects Justice League/Aquaman: Drowned Earth #1, Justice League #10-12, Aquaman #40-41, Titans #28 and Aquaman/Justice League: Drowned Earth #1.
    ON SALE 04.10.19
    $29.99 US | 224 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9101-3

JUSTICE LEAGUE BY CHRISTOPHER PRIEST DELUXE EDITION HC
    written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    art by PETE WOODS, PHILIPPE BRIONES, MARCO SANTUCCI and IAN CHURCHILL
    cover by PAUL PELLETIER and CAM SMITH
    In this new hardcover, the Justice League is confronted by three concurrent threats as a sleep-deprived Batman makes a crucial error that causes an unthinkable—and potentially unforgivable—tragedy. As if that weren’t enough, the combined Justice League and Justice League of America teams clash over leadership while the Green Lanterns face making critical choices that will affect their teams forever! Collects Justice League #34-43.
    ON SALE 04.03.19
    $34.99 US | 248 PAGES
    FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8876-1

SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS VOL. 1: INVISIBLE MAFIA HC
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by PATRICK GLEASON, YANICK PAQUETTE, RYAN SOOK and others
    cover by RYAN SOOK
    In these tales from ACTION COMICS #1001-1006, the devastating repercussions from the Man of Steel miniseries still reverberate as Metropolis enters a new age! The Daily Planet teeters on the brink of disaster! A new criminal element has made its way onto the streets of Superman’s hometown! With mobsters being killed off and the Daily Planet staff hunting for answers, it’s up to Superman to discover what lurks in the underside of the city he thought he knew so well. Who is the Red Mist, and why has Superman never heard of someone so powerful and dangerous? And what is Lois Lane doing with Lex Luthor?
    ON SALE 04.03.19 | $24.99 US | 160 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8872-3

ZERO HOUR 25TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS HC
    written by DAN JURGENS and others
    art by DAN JURGENS, JERRY ORDWAY and others
    cover by DAN JURGENS and JERRY ORDWAY
    Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the time-warping event, this massive collection features ZERO HOUR: CRISIS IN TIME #4-0, STEEL #8, OUTSIDERS #11, DETECTIVE COMICS #678, BATMAN #511, SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL #37, SUPERBOY #8, GREEN LANTERN #55, THE FLASH #94, SUPERMAN #93, THE FLASH #0, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #31, HAWKMAN #13, LEGIONNAIRES #18, VALOR #23, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #516, L.E.G.I.O.N. ’94 #70, GREEN ARROW #90, GUY GARDNER: WARRIOR #24, TEAM TITANS #24, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #61, ACTION COMICS #703, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #92, JUSTICE LEAGUE TASK FORCE #16, JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #68, ROBIN #10, ANIMA #7, CATWOMAN #14, DAMAGE #6, DARKSTARS #24, GREEN LANTERN #0 and stories from SHOWCASE ’94 #8-10 along with a treasure trove of behind- the-scenes material.
    ON SALE 09.25.19 | $125.00 US | 976 PAGES
    FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-9436-6
    Last edited by LordJulius; 12-20-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Definitely will get the Zero Hour Omnibus, maybe the Batman Eternal one as well.

oooooh that brave and the bold mini-series was excellent. i might have to partake.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Definitely will get the Zero Hour Omnibus
    Yeah, I'm a sucker for Zero Hour so I'll be picking it up too.

Speaking of suckers, I could swear I just bought a crappy, regular hardcover (with almost no extras) less than a year ago...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009