View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 990 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 490890940980986987988989990991992993994100010401090 ... LastLast
Results 14,836 to 14,850 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    People have already told you that there is more than one instance of word balloons missing all of the text.
    Wow, they did? ME specifically? Must have missed it. Your inability to read and decipher answers that were given to specific questions is astounding. Go troll somewhere else if you have nothing to offer.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 11-14-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddak View Post
    I just saw this - Batman & Robin By Peter Tomasi & Patrick Gleason Omnibus.

Has anyone read this story, and have the omnibus? Few reviews shows good quality, thick paper and they say it's one of the best (must have) Batman and Robin stories.

Thanks,

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Tomasi...40_&dpSrc=srch
    I haven't read the story, but I ordered it sight unseen. I had previously purchased the Grayson omni and, from what I gather, there will be some nice overlap in the two. But I'm just easing back into the DC universe, so I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PossumGrease View Post
    I haven't read the story, but I ordered it sight unseen. I had previously purchased the Grayson omni and, from what I gather, there will be some nice overlap in the two. But I'm just easing back into the DC universe, so I might be wrong.
    I never read the Grayson stuff but I did read B/R and there didn't appear to be any overlap - at least on the B/R end. That said, you're in for a treat. B/R by Tomasi is an incredible run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    there are differences. Someone might correct me but here is what I can tell you.

Some older Marvel omnibuses have tighter binding but then they've switched to the proper sewn binding, used thick quality paper and classy looking faux leather cover. IMHO those were the best omnibuses! That ended in 2012 or 2011 with the Michelinie Iron Man omnibus that had thinner paper and the printed, cheaper feeling cover material. But that material is still better than DC's cursed black cardboard covers which they still use in some cases. The binding continues to be very good on the Marvel books, quite flexible. Although I think they tend to have more quality control issues than other companies.
    DC's older omnibuses (and I'm talking about the actual oversized ones and not their really old omnibus line that meant standard hcs with newsprint paper, lots of them are still in print so you have to be aware) all had those really cheap feeling black cardboard covers, good paper but very very tight binding. That sort of started to change around the Sleeper omnibus if not sooner, Sleeper has a really good binding but still has the crappy cover material but other books from around that time with tight binding (still better than before tho) got laminated printed covers. It is almost completely random, omnibuses collecting older material pretty much always get the crap cover boards, in case of newer material it's 50-50. Even within the same series there can be differences. While both volumes of the Sandman omnibuses got the extremely classy faux leather cover (beautiful editions) the binding on v2 is noticeably worse.
    Paper is usually pretty decent, it only fluctuates with deluxes, some get matte some get glossy paper (Vertigo deluxes get matte in most of the cases I think).

There is some difference within absolutes too, some has quality glossy paper and some has quality matte (older stuff gets matte like Green Lantern/Green arrow and V for vendetta) and some books have and some doesn't have dust jackets.
    Thanks again.
    I apreciate the ingormation,Omnibus by DC and Marvel are expensive so information like this is something that will help me for sure deciding the Omnibuses to buy.
    One more question,do the Omnibus have a new and modern colouring or is the original colouring maintaned?
    I ask because i read that are new TPB´s with new colouring,that is diferent from the original colours of the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Thanks again.
    I apreciate the ingormation,Omnibus by DC and Marvel are expensive so information like this is something that will help me for sure deciding the Omnibuses to buy.
    One more question,do the Omnibus have a new and modern colouring or is the original colouring maintaned?
    I ask because i read that are new TPB´s with new colouring,that is diferent from the original colours of the comics.
    depends. If they did new colouring for an earlier edition they most likely will keep it. Miller's DD and Simonson's Thor has new colouring but other books don't (off the top of my head, Michelinie Iron man).
    In case of DC I can't remember any new colourings but I might be wrong.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    There's a "bonus book" that offers little that's left out
    It hasn't been left out, it's actually in the middle of the story as it was originally published as an insert. It's not really a big problem, because you can just skip it. But like I said before, it says to me more about the people working on the book not knowing much about the material and not making me trust them, and the company as a whole.

There's also another insert in another issue, but that one has two stories and I think the insert is between them, so it works in that case, although I'd guess no thanks to the research and knowledge of the editor team.

Also, what I don't think was mentioned here and what I read about elsewhere, some of the issues apparently look worse than in the previous collections or the digital files on Comixology.

I saw my local store had the recently released darkseid war omnibus. What do you guys think about it? I didn't read all the N52 justice league run because I basically didn't like it. But this sounds interesting, and I hear the art is pretty excellent.

Has anybody already seen these??

Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5
    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Golden...ywords=omnibus

Supergirl: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2
    https://www.amazon.com/Supergirl-Sil...ywords=omnibus

It is a new record, an Omnibus numbered as volume 5!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post

Yes, we're aware of them. There's also a Golden Age Superman Vol. 5 Omnibus on the way.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Not sure if I saw, but I'm so excited. All of Batman's Golden Age in Omnibus will be quite a DC collection feat.

I just wish Golden Age Capt Marvel gets such Omnibus treatment. Can't a big film even shake loose DC on Omnibus collecting some of most acclaimed Golden Age comics?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-16-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Glad to see DC crank out these Golden Age books hopefully they sell well enough that they will get around to silver age. Not big on the Golden Age, but love the Silver and Bronze age omnibus they are doing. Still hoping they get around to Silver Age Superman Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by judder64 View Post
    I saw my local store had the recently released darkseid war omnibus. What do you guys think about it? I didn't read all the N52 justice league run because I basically didn't like it. But this sounds interesting, and I hear the art is pretty excellent.
    I thought it was FANTASTIC. To be fair though, I didn't like JL Vol 1 and 2, thought 3 was pretty good, 4 was blah, and everything from 5 on was great.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It's a repeat, as noted, because Superman Golden Age Omni volume 5 is coming out mid-Jan 2018.

So now we should be looking for the volume 6s to show up in solicits for later this year. DC has been doing 2 per for Supes/Bats the last two years. Lets see if they keep that up. Also we should see Wonder Woman GA vol3 as well if DC stays consistent.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    I thought it was FANTASTIC. To be fair though, I didn't like JL Vol 1 and 2, thought 3 was pretty good, 4 was blah, and everything from 5 on was great.
    That is a good thing that you didn't like the run either.

Thank you for your opinion.

Here's a few pics of the new Batman and Robin omni.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.