View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 998 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 498898948988994995996997998999100010011002100810481098 ... LastLast
Results 14,956 to 14,970 of 21662
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Heh, not a big fan of Ennis either, bit of a one trick pony
    I'd say he's at least a two trick pony. He does the big, satiric, goofy, violent comics like Hitman and Punisher under the Marvel Knights banner. Then he does the grim War Stories and Punisher under the MAX banner.

Incredible Member

For those interested the collected editions blog has posted that "Batman: New Gotham 2" has had a renewed solicit that includes: Detective Comics issues #755-765 and Superman #168

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I think I may be done with regular superhero stuff, reading the Tomasi B & R omni and I just can’t get into it, it’s boring me to ****, sending it back, I think Valiant is the only superhero(ish) stuff I can now tolerate
    I didn't like it either. Too cheesy and schmaltzy, the voices felt too off.

Putting that aside, superhero comics are still probably not for you. It's more few and far between to get memorable superhero comics. It's better to be a superhero comics reader if you're just a fan of those type of comics already in general.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

JtpGqKi.jpg

Behold the behemoth
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    JtpGqKi.jpg

Behold the behemoth
    Sweet lord...thats... A monolith. Love that Barda is on the spine too.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

JtpGqKi.jpg

Behold the behemoth
    Christmas cant come soon enough. Im getting this beauty, and i escape the hellhole that is college for a month.
    Cyclops was right

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

JtpGqKi.jpg

Behold the behemoth
    LOL. Yeah, that thing looks unruly. Good thing it's sitting on a metal cart, or it would fall through to the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Sweet lord...thats... A monolith. Love that Barda is on the spine too.
    That's awesome that Barda is on the spine. It would be cool if they had included Scott too. The Kirby face is a nice touch. Even though I already have all of the NG issues in floppies, I came this close to buying this book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Just looked at the poll and it seems that fans are split. Half like omnis and half like deluxe editions. I prefer the latter myself, but like the omnis too.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    LOL. Yeah, that thing looks unruly. Good thing it's sitting on a metal cart, or it would fall through to the floor.

That's awesome that Barda is on the spine. It would be cool if they had included Scott too. The Kirby face is a nice touch. Even though I already have all of the NG issues in floppies, I came this close to buying this book.
    I'm very tempted to purchase it. Its a big price tag.

I'm very tempted to purchase it. Its a big price tag.
    Dec 5th is a huge week too. Cap Waid, GA Green Arrow, 4th World, JLA Detroit, X-Men Classic, Ninjak omnibuses all come out, not to mention Descender, Dr Strange, Shazam, and Thor deluxes.

Yeesh

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Dec 5th is a huge week too. Cap Waid, GA Green Arrow, 4th World, JLA Detroit, X-Men Classic, Ninjak omnibuses all come out, not to mention Descender, Dr Strange, Shazam, and Thor deluxes.

Yeesh
    I'll probably get the Classic X-Men omni and will get the Thor DE

Yeesh
    Come on IST, give me that bonus 3% off...

Yeesh
    Looking forward to Waid's Cap and the Thor OHC.

I initially had X-Men Classic and JLA Detroit on there but I ended up cutting them because I just suspect I'll be disappointed. JLA in the 80s was pretty bad and I didn't realize there was going to be an "X-tax" on the Classic book. I'm just not that interested - especially after seeing that Nocenti is involved in at least some of the stories.

I read some of the Dr. Strange stuff in floppies and it wasn't bad but I think I'll take my chances that one day the entire Aaron run is collected in an omnibus.

I'm also tempted to get Descender.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 11-28-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

There are even more pics of that massive Kirby tome over at the omnibus collector Facebook group.

I cant save and post them like i did the one above right now because im on my phone
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

JtpGqKi.jpg

Behold the behemoth
    Oh my word! Very tempting but I'm not that big enough of a Kirby fan to pick it up. Plus I need to direct my funds elsewhere.

Yeesh
    Probably just Cap Waid Omni for me. I'm thinking about the X-Men Classic Omni in order to complement my UXM Omnis.

Come on IST, give me that bonus 3% off...
    Yes please. Me too. IIRC, they started giving us the 2-3% around this time last year.