View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 586 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 864865365765825835845855865875885895905966366861086 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    Hi folks, I'm thinking of getting into Green Lantern but i don't know where to start. The Blackest Night Absolute looks gorgeous, Is it worth getting or are the Omnibus volume a better place to start?
    I got the first omnibus having never read any Green Lantern and halfway through Rebirth (the first story in there) I ordered volume 2. Beautiful giant books. If you don't want to commit to the price of an omnibus go for the Rebirth trade and if you like it grab the omnibus because I imagine it's cheaper than getting the separate trades.

SO green lantern omni vol 3 comes out in a couple weeks. Anyone know if the solicitation is correct? And when it gets to johns new 52 issues are there any events or ties ins I need to read it?

Oh yep. I read Endgame. I just forgot how it ended until now. That clears it up I think. Thanks for the reminder!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Oh yep. I read Endgame. I just forgot how it ended until now. That clears it up I think. Thanks for the reminder!
    I know Alfred's...whoever that is first appeared in Batman Eternal, which I haven't read. Other than that, you should be good.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I got the first omnibus having never read any Green Lantern and halfway through Rebirth (the first story in there) I ordered volume 2. Beautiful giant books. If you don't want to commit to the price of an omnibus go for the Rebirth trade and if you like it grab the omnibus because I imagine it's cheaper than getting the separate trades.
    I'll probably just go for the omni, I love space operas and i'm a sucker for huge hardcovers. Thanks for helping me out guys.

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't agree about their quality but at least the black cardboard covers are seemingly gone.
    Sounds great - when did this happen?
    Seems like I might start buying DC hardcovers again....

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    Sounds great - when did this happen?
    Seems like I might start buying DC hardcovers again....
    a year or two ago? Some omnis still got it, like the Silver age ones but I think the binding is at least better. Also JSA omnis.
    In case of deluxes I can't remember the last one that got the black cardboard. If you want to be sure just post your want list here and I'm pretty sure we can tell you which of those has printed covers.
    But beware, lately the paper quality got worse in most cases. Some Vertigo books got the matte stock (Scalped) but others like Kid eternity got crappy wavy glossy paper.

BANNED

Everyone, stop the press!

ABSOLUTE BATMAN: YEAR ONE HC
    Written by FRANK MILLER
    Art and cover by DAVID MAZZUCCHELLI
    ABSOLUTE BATMAN: YEAR ONE presents one of DC Comics’ most lauded tales in two hardcover volumes contained by a slipcase.
    The first volume will reprint the recolored version of the story from previous collected editions, remastered with new, high-resolution scans of the original coloring by David Mazzucchelli and Richmond Lewis.
    The second volume will reprint the original 1987 version of the story as it ran in BATMAN #404-407, reproduced from scans made by Mazzucchelli and Lewis from the printed comic book pages, presented on stock that simulates the look and feel of the original comics. This volume will include Miller’s complete scripts and Mazzucchelli’s complete pencil layouts for all four chapters!
    Together, the two volumes will include more than 60 pages of bonus material, including everything seen in the existing hardcover and trade paperback collections.
    On sale NOVEMBER 2 • 288 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5”, $125.00 US
    Wow! What's next? Absolute Killing Joke with original edition? Absolute Sandman volumes 1-5 with original coloring? Neam Adams Batman Omnibus with original colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Everyone, stop the press!

Wow! What's next? Absolute Killing Joke with original edition? Absolute Sandman volumes 1-5 with original coloring? Neam Adams Batman Omnibus with original colors?

It's still not worth the $125 price tag. I'd love to have it and years ago it would have been an instant buy, but I finally started putting my foot down on these kinds of things.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Wow! What's next? Absolute Killing Joke with original edition? Absolute Sandman volumes 1-5 with original coloring? Neal Adams Batman Omnibus with original colors?
    Dear god, that would be delightful. That would truly stop the press right there.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Anxiously awaiting the next Morrison Absolute. Batman RIP, Multiversity, Doom Patrol. Hopefully something is announced soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Anxiously awaiting the next Morrison Absolute. Batman RIP, Multiversity, Doom Patrol. Hopefully something is announced soon!
    This and Black Mirror please!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    This and Black Mirror please!
    I would definitely appreciate Jock's art at that size.

Also wouldn't mind a Morrison JLA series of Absolutes.

Incredible Member

What are the differences between the trade edition and the single issues of Year One? Was anything significant changed? Or is it basically a case of re-mastered vs. original? Either way, it's a lazy, price gouging Absolute, but it's Batman so not enough people will put their foot down. It will be interesting to see a side by side by side by side by side comparison of the Original Issues - Original Issues in Absolute Format - Original Trade - the controversial remaster on the oversized Deluxe trade - and finally the newest remaster on the Absolute edition.

Fantastic Member

Finaly the DC solicitations for June have arrived. Here are the HCs:

ASTRO CITY: HONOR GUARD HC
    Written by KURT BUSIEK
    Art by JESUS MERINO, JOE INFURNARI, GARY CHALONER and WADE VON GRAWBADGER
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    In the latest ASTRO CITY collection, the Living Nightmare—the embodiment of fear itself—goes up against the Honor Guard, and all its secrets come to light. Plus, Starfighter has been enjoying a hero’s reward for decades. But with dark forces stirring in the cosmos, will he be called back to action? Or are there other paths? Collects ASTRO CITY #13, #22, #25, #27-28, and #31.
    On sale AUGUST 10 • 264 pg, FC, $29.99 US

ABSOLUTE BATMAN: YEAR ONE HC
    Written by FRANK MILLER
    Art and cover by DAVID MAZZUCCHELLI
    ABSOLUTE BATMAN: YEAR ONE presents one of DC Comics’ most lauded tales in two hardcover volumes contained by a slipcase.
    The first volume will reprint the recolored version of the story from previous collected editions, remastered with new, high-resolution scans of the original coloring by David Mazzucchelli and Richmond Lewis.
    The second volume will reprint the original 1987 version of the story as it ran in BATMAN #404-407, reproduced from scans made by Mazzucchelli and Lewis from the printed comic book pages, presented on stock that simulates the look and feel of the original comics. This volume will include Miller’s complete scripts and Mazzucchelli’s complete pencil layouts for all four chapters!
    Together, the two volumes will include more than 60 pages of bonus material, including everything seen in the existing hardcover and trade paperback collections.
    On sale NOVEMBER 2 • 288 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5”, $125.00 US

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD – THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by BOB HANEY, MIKE SEKOWSKY and DENNIS O’NEIL
    Art by JIM APARO, MIKE SEKOWSKY, NEAL ADAMS and others
    Cover by KARL KERSCHL
    Through the 1970s, Batman fought evil every month side by side with DC’s greatest heroes. Guest-starring Wonder Woman, the Phantom Stranger, Adam Strange, Black Canary, the Teen Titans, The Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman and more, these stories are collected in a single, massive hardcover for the first time. Collects THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #87-122.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 14 • 1,056 pg, FC, $99.99 US

BATMAN NOIR: THE KILLING JOKE HC
    Written by ALAN MOORE and BRIAN BOLLAND
    Art and cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    This groundbreaking work is a twisted tale of insanity and human perseverance. Looking to prove that any man can be pushed past his breaking point to madness, the Joker attempts to drive Commissioner Gordon insane. Refusing to give up, Gordon struggles to maintain his sanity with the help of Batman in a desperate effort to best the madman.
    This new edition presents the exquisite artwork of Brian Bolland in black and white for the first time. Collects BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE, a story from BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE written by Bolland, plus covers by Bolland and more.
    On sale AUGUST 3 • 104 pg, B&W, $24.99 US

BATMAN/SUPERMAN VOL. 5: TRUTH HURTS HC
    Written by GREG PAK
    Art by ARDIAN SYAF, VICENTE CIFUENTES and others
    Cover by ARDIAN SYAF and DANNY MIKI
    The truth is out, and the world knows that Superman is Clark Kent—and now, the mild-mannered reporter is a wanted man! From the thugs of Metropolis to the police, everybody wants a piece of Superman. And with threats to his freedom closing in on him, Superman must also face a new form of evil that appears to be coming from Gotham City! Instead of finding the Batman he’s always known, Superman is met by a strange, new Dark Knight—James Gordon! This new hardcover collects BATMAN/SUPERMAN #21-27 plus the Sneak Peek story from CONVERGENCE: BOOSTER GOLD #2.
    On sale AUGUST 10 • 176 pg, FC, $24.99 US

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES HC
    Written by JAMES TYNION IV
    Art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    The sold-out, smash-hit 6-issue miniseries co-published with IDW is collected in hardcover. It all starts in Gotham City, as a series of deadly raids leads Batman to believe he is up against a group of highly trained ninjas. Somehow, the Foot Clan has crossed over to another dimension—but they haven’t come alone: Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo are on their trail!
    On sale AUGUST 17 • 144 pg, FC, $24.99 US

THE FLASH VOL. 8: ZOOM HC
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and VAN JENSEN
    Art by BRETT BOOTH, NORM RAPMUND, ALE GARZA, VICENTE CIFUENTES and others
    Cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
    Just when Barry Allen’s life was starting to return to normal, one of his most powerful and dangerous foes returns! Professor Zoom and his team of acolytes have broken Barry’s father out of prison, and now Barry must stop them before his life, reputation, and family are torn apart. Collects THE FLASH #41-47 and the Sneak Peek story from CONVERGENCE: DETECTIVE COMICS #2.
    On sale AUGUST 3 • 176 pg, FC, $24.99 US

GIRL POWER: AMANDA CONNER GALLERY EDITION
    Written by JUSTIN GRAY, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, DARWYN COOKE and AMANDA CONNER
    Art and cover by AMANDA CONNER
    Amanda Conner’s amazing artwork showcasing some of DC’s most iconic female characters is collected together for the first time in the large, deluxe-format GIRL POWER: AMANDA CONNER GALLERY EDITION. Sourced from the original art, this collection reflects the incredible diversity and power of Conner’s style. Contained between the oversized covers of this Smythe-sewn edition are high-resolution scans of Amanda’s art boards for POWER GIRL #1, 7, 8 and 9, DC’S WEDNESDAY COMICS Supergirl feature and the complete BEFORE WATCHMAN: SILK SPECTRE saga, as well as an assortment of cover art from these series.
    Graphitti Designs’ Gallery Editions strive to replicate the look, feel and attitude of the artwork. Every page is reproduced at original size on heavy paper stock to provide the fan and collector with museum-quality reproductions that are unobtainable from any other source.
    See for yourself why Conner’s fan-favorite work continues to grow in popularity with this larger-than-life presentation!
    On sale AUGUST 2016 • 248 pg, FC, 12” x 17”, $125.00 US

GRAPHIC INK: THE DC COMICS ART OF GARY FRANK HC
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS and others
    Art by GARY FRANK, JON SIBAL and others
    Cover by GARY FRANK
    The latest title in the GRAPHIC INK book series celebrates the work of Gary Frank, one of DC’s greatest artists. In these tales starring Supergirl, Batman, Superman and more, Frank’s art features a sharp, iconic style that pays homage to classic DC artists while pushing the characters into the future.
    On sale AUGUST 24 • 416 pg, FC, $39.99 US

SCALPED DELUXE EDITION BOOK FIVE HC
    Written by JASON AARON
    Art by R.M. GUERA, IGOR KORDEY and others
    Cover by R.M. GUERA
    SCALPED draws to a close in this final Deluxe Edition with a Mexican stand-off like you’ve never seen before. No one is safe. Especially Dash Bad Horse, whose sins are finally about to catch up to him. As tension on the rez comes to a peak, everyone’s priorities are tested. Collects issues of SCALPED #50-60.
    On sale AUGUST 31 • 256 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS

SUICIDE SQUAD: THE SILVER AGE HC
    Written by ROBERT KANIGHER
    Art by ROSS ANDRU and MIKE ESPOSITO
    Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    The original 1960s missions of the Suicide Squad are collected at last, including stories from THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #25-27 and 37-39, plus STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #110-111, 116-121, 125, 127 and 128. When all other options are exhausted, the U.S. calls in their new team, Task Force X, led by Rick Flag! Whether a scientist is missing, a dangerous serum is in the wrong hands, or dinosaurs threaten our fighting forces, the Suicide Squad is ready for action!
    On sale JULY 27 • 336 pg, FC, $39.99 US

SUPERMAN: AMERICAN ALIEN HC
    Written by MAX LANDIS
    Art by NICK DRAGOTTA, TOMMY LEE EDWARDS, JOELLE JONES, JAE LEE, FRANCIS MANAPUL, JONATHAN CASE and JOCK
    Cover by RYAN SOOK
    Screenwriter and Eisner Award nominee Max Landis (Chronicle, American Ultra, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN) presents the seven-issue miniseries that chronicles Clark Kent’s development into the archetypal hero he will eventually become. With the tone of each issue ranging from heartwarming and simple, to frighteningly gritty and violent, to sexy, sun-kissed and funny, SUPERMAN: AMERICAN ALIEN is unlike anything you’ve seen before.
    On sale AUGUST 3 • 196 pg, FC, $24.99 US

TEEN TITANS EARTH ONE VOL. 2 HC
    Written by JEFF LEMIRE
    Art and cover by ANDY MACDONALD
    After months on the run from the twisted project that created them, Cyborg, Terra, Beast Boy and Garth are near their breaking point, barely surviving on what they can steal, squatting in the ruins of an abandoned subdivision. But as they reach their lowest ebb, their creator, Dr. Niles Caulder, is ready to make his move…and they’re about to learn that they weren’t the only kids to go through Caulder’s twisted process! There are more children with powers out there, and unlike our heroes, they were raised for only one purpose—to be the living weapons Caulder wants ALL his Titans to be!
    Writer Jeff Lemire (GREEN ARROW, ANIMAL MAN) teams up with artist Andy MacDonald (THE NEW 52: FUTURES’ END) to deliver the next chapter in the Earth One series!
    On sale AUGUST 10 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US

ABSOLUTE Y: THE LAST MAN VOL. 2 HC
    Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
    Art by PIA GUERRA, GORAN SUDZUKA, GORAN PARLOV and JOSE MARZAN, JR.
    Cover by MASSIMO CARNEVALE
    In this second Y: THE LAST MAN Absolute Edition, Yorick’s sister, Hero, tracks him to San Francisco, only to find that he has seemingly succumbed to the male-killing plague. Plus, catch up with Yorick’s monkey Ampersand and learn the origin of Agent 355. Collects issues #21-40, along with a complete script by Brian K. Vaughan and pencil art from issue #32 by Goran Sudzuka.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 21 • 512 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5” • $125.00 US • MATURE READERS