View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

Also, for the Batman aficionados, one of the recurring elements win LH/DV was the Bruce/Selina relationship vs the Bat/Cat relationship - but they don't know each other's secret. Is there modern(ish) story where they do unmask each other for the first time?
    I'm pretty sure it happened in Hush.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Just an FYI for those interested, I looked at Golden Age Wonder Woman omnibus 3 at my LCS today. It was sealed in shrink wrap but according to the back cover it contains:

Sensation Comics 49-69
    Comic Cavalcade 14-22
    Wonder Woman 16-25
    I'll be ordering this from IST soon!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just an FYI for those interested, I looked at Golden Age Wonder Woman omnibus 3 at my LCS today. It was sealed in shrink wrap but according to the back cover it contains:

Sensation Comics 49-69
    Comic Cavalcade 14-22
    Wonder Woman 16-25

The answer's probably kind of obvious, but I've been on the fence about possibly buying volume 1 of both the golden age Wonder Woman & Captain America omnibus collections........My thing is, I don't enjoy reading material from the golden age (What limited amount I have read, that is). Is it worth it for me to buy these, as in are there some really cool supplemental features in the book, or are these straight-out collections of the old material without any extra material?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    The answer's probably kind of obvious, but I've been on the fence about possibly buying volume 1 of both the golden age Wonder Woman & Captain America omnibus collections........My thing is, I don't enjoy reading material from the golden age (What limited amount I have read, that is). Is it worth it for me to buy these, as in are there some really cool supplemental features in the book, or are these straight-out collections of the old material without any extra material?
    There’s no supplemental material, just the issues. If you’re interested in the history of the characters in the Golden Age but not the actual stories, Les Daniels did a hardcover book apiece about Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

D66059B3-CC80-4215-AE52-015821F75367.jpg

B830EE7E-83D0-4CCD-842D-60E0E29000E4.jpg

Incredible Member

Sensation Comics 49-69
    Comic Cavalcade 14-22
    Wonder Woman 16-25
    Nice!

Next volume should reach the end of the Comic Cavalcade stories, which swapped out WW, Flash, and the Green Lantern for funny animals after issue 29. After that, another volume will probably bring us to the end of Sensation Comics (#106). And after that, it’s just the main Wonder Woman title until issue 97 (end of Wondy’s Golden Age).

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I hate to take credit for this Robin #0 addition to the Batman Prodigal tpb, but I asked for it recently and DC responded they would look into it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...tman-prodigal/
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm pretty sure it happened in Hush.
    Correct it was:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/80a9ecd6...S3x1t6zy88.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I hate to take credit for this Robin #0 addition to the Batman Prodigal tpb, but I asked for it recently and DC responded they would look into it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...tman-prodigal/
    Take the credit man lol

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Take the credit man lol
    I am. I think the moral of the story is that, while no one should pester DC by contacting them too much, if you see a solicit that has an obvious clear error or omission, DC will listen.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I am. I think the moral of the story is that, while no one should pester DC by contacting them too much, if you see a solicit that has an obvious clear error or omission, DC will listen.
    Since you're on a roll, can you please reach out to Marvel's collected editions dept. and let them know how sh!tty the new paper stock is?

Thanks in advance!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DC's Omnibus sales figures for October 2018:

228. Final Crisis 10th Anniversary Omnibus - 485
    230. Harley Quinn By Conner & Palmiotti Omnibus Vol. 2 - 479
    250. American Vampire Omnibus Vol. 1 - 459
    265. Red Hood & The Outlaws: The New 52 Omnibus Vol. 1 - 444
    340. Deathstroke By Tony Daniel Omnibus - 358

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Are we still going to get a vol. 2 of American Vampire with those numbers? Or will the bulk be in November?
    Lol. You should be worried about Snyder actually finishing the series before V2 even comes to fruition.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I wasn't aware it was on hiatus. On the wiki it seems like there's <600 pages worth of material left to collect. Is it possible to wrap up the story w/ a big annual or somethin?
    Either late last year or the beginning of this one he said him and Albuquerque would begin the third and final "cycle" later this year, but here we are and they both are busy with other projects. I don't imagine they have much left to write (I'm gonna completely guess and say 10-12 issues), so it's just a matter of finding time to wrap it up at this point.

A shame it was put on the back burner. I really love this series (this and black mirror are my favorites by him) and i would recommend getting the omni anyways as it's quite enjoyable, even without the rest