View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 772 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2726727227627687697707717727737747757767828228721272 ... LastLast
Results 11,566 to 11,580 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Thought so! Thanks for confirming it. Ive been meaning to read it but havent had the chance to pick it up yet. Have you read it? If so , what's your take?
    Omega Men and Tom King have gotten a lot of praise over the past year or so. I honestly gave up on the trade after 7 issues. I didn't care for any of characters including Kyle. It's written in a unique style for Super heroes (think modern popular portrayal of middle Eastern wars in media) so I understand why it sticks out for critics and online commentators. I'm not a huge DC fan but I've read all of three John's Green Lantern Omnibuses and like the characters. If you're ordering online from a discount service it's pretty cheap to throw it in your cart and try it. Mine is going to library for donation soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I noticed an Omega Men trade by Tom King while browsing yesterday, can't remember if I saw some praise for it on here, worth a punt? Only 170 odd pages though, was it an ongoing or mini series?
    It's 296 pages. Absolutely incredible. One of the best comics I've read, for sure.

I'm seeing two extremely different opinions on Omega Men here...

Incredible Member

I picked up Omega Men myself (thanks to the effusive praise here), but over the last couple of weeks, I've struggled to get through the first five or so issues. It's just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Not to discount these guys' totally valid opinions, but general opinion on Omega Men is waaaaaaaay more positive than negative.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

The vast majority loves it. Going of the first Vision trade (by King), I have no doubt its as good as they say.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Just noticed a new Batman: Year One Deluxe Edition popped up on amazon. I wonder if this is a reprint of the one I already have or an entirely new edition. Seems like Mazzucchelli didn't like the coloring of the first Deluxe, if I remember correctly. Was the coloring in the Absolute different than the Deluxe?

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Not to discount these guys' totally valid opinions, but general opinion on Omega Men is waaaaaaaay more positive than negative.

I really want to give this a shot because I've heard a lot of praise for it as well as his run on Vision. However, I've read his Batman and it's dog shit. Some of the worst writing not written by Ann Nocenti.
    But, it's $15 at CGN and I figure it can probably be resold on Ebay for $10, so I'm tempted to try it.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I really want to give this a shot because I've heard a lot of praise for it as well as his run on Vision. However, I've read his Batman and it's dog shit. Some of the worst writing not written by Ann Nocenti.
    But, it's $15 at CGN and I figure it can probably be resold on Ebay for $10, so I'm tempted to try it.
    Vision is far, far better. Personal guarantee.
    Cyclops was right

I've read some Nightwing and part of Omega Men. Kings writing didn't seem super polished but it's a unique style for the industry. Thats too bad about Batman, I hope they didn't push him too fast into a major book. Following Snyder is a real tough act.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    Omega Men and Tom King have gotten a lot of praise over the past year or so. I honestly gave up on the trade after 7 issues. I didn't care for any of characters including Kyle. It's written in a unique style for Super heroes (think modern popular portrayal of middle Eastern wars in media) so I understand why it sticks out for critics and online commentators. I'm not a huge DC fan but I've read all of three John's Green Lantern Omnibuses and like the characters. If you're ordering online from a discount service it's pretty cheap to throw it in your cart and try it. Mine is going to library for donation soon.
    Pretty much my sentiments. It's a unique GL book, but the characters aren't very likeable nor did I really care about what happened to them. Now King's Sheriff of Babylon on the other hand is the best new book I've read this year. I think I mentioned elsewhere before that because of Omega Men, I almost didn't pick up SoB which would've been a huge mistake.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    Hmm..that bad huh? Tom King seems to get extremely mixed reviews. I read and loved Grayson but that was co-written by Tim Seeley, so I don't know how much of it was him and how much was Seeley. I like Kyle Rayner so there's that.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Are you reading the newest story arc with Bane? It's much better than the Gotham Man and Monster Men arcs. I have a feeling those first two storys had some heavy influence from editors/higher ups. This new arc really feels like King is getting to tell his own story. It's much closer in quality to his other work.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Are you reading the newest story arc with Bane? It's much better than the Gotham Man and Monster Men arcs. I have a feeling those first two storys had some heavy influence from editors/higher ups. This new arc really feels like King is getting to tell his own story. It's much closer in quality to his other work.
    Ha ha, yeah I read it.

Worst dialogue ever: Bat...Cat....No, Cat...No, Bat...I'm going to break your back . . . I"m going to break your back...Did I tell you that I'm going to break your back?

By the way...why did Batman recruit all those people when he single handily took out 1,000 of Bane's men? Doesn't seem like he needed them. Course, this is the Batman who can bucking bronco a 747 airplane so . . .

King has some good ideas but he can't write worth shit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    A few pages back we had this discussion about Kings Batman and it turned out I'm the only person in this entire thread that genuinly likes Kings Batman,.

Monster Men was Steve Orlando and utter utter garbage, Tomslick likened Kings Batman to Ann Nocenti levels of writing, I'd be curious what he would compare Orlando's Monster Men arc too.