View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1000 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 50090095099099699799899910001001100210031004101010501100 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 21671
    Mighty Member

Any thoughts on whats to be collected in Morrison's v1? Hopefully it will collect everything not included in the absolutes, so i can potentially pass on a v2

damn that is a big pile of great stuff announced there!

Someone alert Hawkgirl70 about the IC omnibus reprint. I remember she gave up all hope of finding that book for a decent price.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol. 1
    Impulse by Mark Waid & Humberto Ramos Omnibus
    Infinite Crisis Omnibus (New Edition)

I'm definitely getting these. Maybe some others.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Any thoughts on whats to be collected in Morrison's v1? Hopefully it will collect everything not included in the absolutes, so i can potentially pass on a v2
    Looking at the page count, " Batman and Son", "R.I.P" " "Final Crisis" and the Morrison issues of " "the resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul". At least, I'm hoping they include Final Crisis, as Morrison once stated that it was part of his Batman run.

Is 7 soldiers an absolute?

I don’t think we are going to get transmet 3, you’d think in this day and age you would be able to get hold of someone at DC in the know, guess they can’t all be like Valiant’s top guys
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 11-29-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Infinite Crisis Omni (new edition) just scratched a whale off my list & at an affordable cost.

I'll get all the ones here except New Teen Titans vol.3 cause I have the first edition.

Anyone know if the Golden Age Batman vol.5 will be getting into reprinting material that's never before been collected like I heard was said about GA Supes vol.5?
    Yes this will be the first GA Batman omnibus to include previously non-archived material Namely Batman 38-45 have never been reprinted (Detective Comics got all the way up to 170 in the archives!). Also provided we get an GA Batman Omnibus 6 the Batman stories from Worlds Finest will be first time reprints as the archives only went up to issue 32

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is 7 soldiers an absolute?

I don’t think we are going to get transmet 3, you’d think in this day and age you would be able to get hold of someone at DC in the know, guess they can’t all be like Valiant’s top guys
    Darick Roberston has said a couple times he was told 2018. If you reach out to him on twitter he may be able to give an update.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

DC is going to be taking a lot of my money in 2018. Some great stuff coming.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wow, I was beginning to think we'd never see Batman by Moench & Jones vol. 2! It's rare to see a Batman line canceled (or not reprinted ad naseam) but of course they'd drop the ball with the book I've been looking forward to the most!

It's going to be a disjointed read, for sure, but at least it'll be complete!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Darick Roberston has said a couple times he was told 2018. If you reach out to him on twitter he may be able to give an update.
    He’s still trying to get people to buy one and two so he can make some cash lol

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    damn that is a big pile of great stuff announced there!

Someone alert Hawkgirl70 about the IC omnibus reprint. I remember she gave up all hope of finding that book for a decent price.
    Wow, good memory! Ill drop her a line. Im sure a lot of folks would be pleased at that Omni

Absolute Authority Vol. 2 is listed at 504 pages. The first printing, according to mycomicshop.com, lists it at 304 pages. I wonder if there's a mistake here or if maybe they'll collect those issues Millar didn't write.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Absolute Authority Vol. 2 is listed at 504 pages. The first printing, according to mycomicshop.com, lists it at 304 pages. I wonder if there's a mistake here or if maybe they'll collect those issues Millar didn't write.
    Now they are defiantly reprinting vol 2 it may be worth getting the vol 1 reprint and getting the extras (and the matching spines) sure I can probably sell the ones I have

Actually it would be be pretty good if it collected the ‘secret files of’ I think they did a Jenny Sparks and a Hawksmoor issue
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 11-29-2017 at 04:26 PM.

I kinda hoped the Seven Soldiers omnibus contained the JLA Classified issues Morrison did focusing on the Ultramarine Corps and the Sheeda

Also, you know what would be a good omnibus? I've been thinking about the mid-00's post-IC/52 Booster Gold series that Johns started. That, plus the Vanishing point mini, could make a solid omnibus
    Last edited by ER Prest; 11-29-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Just curious how far you got into it. I can't remember where but at some point it just clicked and it became my favorite new 52 series. There's a silent issue that's pretty touching. You might want to at least flip thru that before you send your book back. It takes place after [...]
    Guys, I know this is a tricky matter and that I "should have known by now", but I'm really late on my reading, and I've actually been waiting for Morrison's run to be 'omnibified' (and it's finally here, woo-hoo!), so I didn't know about that, and considering this is the Collected Editions section of the forum, I guess I'm probably not the only one that would appreciate it if spoiler tags were reasonably used. Thanks.

spoilers:
    Like this.
    end of spoilers