View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1002 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 25029029529929989991000100110021003100410051006101210521102 ... LastLast
Results 15,016 to 15,030 of 21667
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My definite buys:
    Batman: The Brave & the Bold: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 2
    Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol. 1

Very very probable purchases:
    Batman by Doug Moench & Kelley Jones Vol. 2 HC
    Flash Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 3
    Infinite Crisis Omnibus (New Edition)

The Batman ’66 Omnibus would be nice to have on the bookshelf but these kind of stories just do not grab me.

Shame there were no further Superman Omnibuses or at least one Aquaman Omnibus (I was looking forward to the Geoff Johns Omni which unfortunately seems to have taken a hike).

Can someone please fill me in on the Impulse Omnibus? I know nothing of this other than it is in the Flash ”family” of comics and, therefore, I’m intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    The product description says it will collect issues #13-29, The Authority Annual 2000 and Wildstorm Summer Special #1, unlike the first edition, which only collected the 12 issues Millar wrote (#13-20, #22 and #27-29).
    Yep, I think I will sell and buy again, I love (good) Wildstorm ****, now if only they’d absolute the good Wildcats stuff (3.0) rather than the crap Jim lee stuff, I’d be very happy
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 11-30-2017 at 03:36 AM.

Incredible Member

I didn't think there was a whole lot next year that I would buy compared to this but already I'm in on.
    Green Lantern Silver Age 2, Daredevil 2 (Waid) and now Batman (Morrison), Infinite Crisis, Wonder Woman 3 (Perez), Flash Silver age 3 and possibly Legion of Super Heroes 2, Batman 66 and Brave and the Bold 2. Not to mention any older omnibus that are out that I still want to pick up and anything else that I discover later on I want which always happens. Looking busy already. And mostly DC so far on my wishlist for items coming out.

I'm going after these:

Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol. 1
    Impulse by Mark Waid & Humberto Ramos Omnibus
    Infinite Crisis Omnibus
    New Teen Titans Vol. 3 Omnibus New Edition
    Batman '66 omnibus
    Seven Soldiers by Grant Morrison
    Ex Machina: The Complete Series Omnibus

The Ex Machina is a maybe. I'm kind of hoping to snag the deluxes at an equal or better price than what I'd get the omnibus at IST when it's released (one can dream). I have Infinite Crisis but I need a replacement copy.

Is the Batman '66 stuff any good? I'm putting it down as a blind buy for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yep, I think I will sell and buy again, I love (good) Wildstorm ****, now if only they’d absolute the good Wildcats stuff (3.0) rather than the crap Jim lee stuff, I’d be very happy
    All of the Joe Casey Wildcats stuff was great.

I find Batman '66 a lot of fun. Perhaps best said by The A.V. Club's Oliver Sava, in reviewing the second issue, called it "a delightfully silly look at a bygone era of Batman, (and) also one of the year’s finest superhero comics."

Jeff Parker(with Mike Allred on covers) does a series of one-and-done stories that blend together well and bring the campy fun of the '60s back. Nostalgic but in a fun way.

Certain fun for anyone who fondly remembers the innocence of the '60s(say, like the Tom Slick cartoons).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Flash Silver Age vol.3 is a sign to me, at least I read it this way(GL SA also), that DC's attack plan is Bats/Supes/WW with Golden Age omnis. Flash, GL and Justice League Omnis with Silver Age. So the core Justice League is covered in various eras without it all being lopsided. Green Arrow is going to tip the scales a bit when his Golden Age Omni hits here soon.

I'd eat up a Jay Garrick Flash Golden Age omni series though!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

image.jpg
    IC is going to look great in your collections.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

That is a lot of still sealed books you have there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    I find Batman '66 a lot of fun. Perhaps best said by The A.V. Club's Oliver Sava, in reviewing the second issue, called it "a delightfully silly look at a bygone era of Batman, (and) also one of the year’s finest superhero comics."

Jeff Parker(with Mike Allred on covers) does a series of one-and-done stories that blend together well and bring the campy fun of the '60s back. Nostalgic but in a fun way.

Certain fun for anyone who fondly remembers the innocence of the '60s(say, like the Tom Slick cartoons).
    You sold me on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That is a lot of still sealed books you have there.
    Not OP, but Omni's are rough to read through. Still haven't finished my Wonder Woman V.2 Omni. Or my Thor and Swamp Thing omni.

Got Green Lantern Silver Age Vol 2 and Justice League Bronze Age Vol 2 already on order, definitely add Brave and Bold Bronze Age Vol 2.... Tempted about Infinite Crisis, depends on how low the preorder price drops too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'd eat up a Jay Garrick Flash Golden Age omni series though!
    You and me both, friend. From your lips to DC’s ear...

Grant Morrison Batman omnibus is a tough call. We have nearly all of it in oversized format already, and some of us already double dipped once with the Black Glove deluxe, which unlike the other deluxes, was not the format originally released. Of course then there's the haphazard Absolute releases...really the whole thing is a good showcase of DC's complete incompetence and lack of planning when it comes to collected editions.

I skipped on Absolute B&R because they didn't include RoBW in its proper placement, and I wouldn't care about swapping the absolute Batman Inc for an omnibus (assuming it's not the exact same contents - then I'd just keep the absolute) but it would be hard for me to get rid of Absolute Final Crisis, as I know none of those extras would make it into an omnibus, and I doubt they would retain the 3-D pages, which is a dealbreaker.

Off topic, but I didnt think these threads made into 1000 pages.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Off topic, but I didnt think these threads made into 1000 pages.
    The Marvel Collected Thread would have probably reached 1000 pages a while back if it hadn't been relaunched once again in October 2015 after the previous relaunch in April/May 2014.