View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1004 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4504904954994100010011002100310041005100610071008101410541104 ... LastLast
Results 15,046 to 15,060 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I would be surprised if it isn't. Has there ever been a glued absolute edition?
    Not at all sure, at the premium price they charge they should all be sewn

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It does. My copy arrived yesterday, really happy with it.
    Excellent, thanks for that, old ones can be sold now
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 12-02-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Has anyone taken a close look at the contents of NTT 3 omni? I know fans had problems with the original edition of Vol. 3. Does this seem to be corrected at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Has anyone taken a close look at the contents of NTT 3 omni? I know fans had problems with the original edition of Vol. 3. Does this seem to be corrected at all?
    It is indeed corrected and doesn't skip issues.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    It is indeed corrected and doesn't skip issues.
    Thanks! That's good news. I've been buying these new editions and was going to be disappointed if they ended up having the same problems as before.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The Impulse Omnibus is going to my wishlist because i read good things about that Impulse comic book over the years.
    And i like the work of the creative team (Mark Waid and Humberto Ramos) from other comic books.
    So despite me actually having not read any Impulse comic book so far,that is still a Omnibus that i am going to buy in the future.
    It's a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by akhir View Post
    With the recent announcement of the Infinite Crisis Omnibus reprint I am thinking about getting the 52 Omnibus ...would you recommend it ?
    Yes.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akhir View Post
    With the recent announcement of the Infinite Crisis Omnibus reprint I am thinking about getting the 52 Omnibus ...would you recommend it ?
    It's okay, but not brilliant. There's some really cool moments but it's kind of inconsistent. A few issues will be really good, then the next will be just average.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    It's okay, but not brilliant. There's some really cool moments but it's kind of inconsistent. A few issues will be really good, then the next will be just average.
    I dunno man, considering the actual idea of 52, a weekly series by 4 writers, 1 breakdown artist, and a rotating team of finishing artists, 52 is something really special.

I dunno man, considering the actual idea of 52, a weekly series by 4 writers, 1 breakdown artist, and a rotating team of finishing artists, 52 is something really special.
    That's the problem with it. Too many creators giving their own flavor and you can tell the difference every few issues.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    That's the problem with it. Too many creators giving their own flavor and you can tell the difference every few issues.
    The creators really only wrote the sections for their characters, like Morrison wrote the Animal Man and friends, Rucka the Question and Batwoman, Johns the Black Adam, etc. They plotted together, but the script breakdowns were pretty individual to their sections

I loved 52 and anyone who is a fan of Morrison's run on Animal Man should pick it up. It's somewhat of an epilogue or love letter to the character.

The creators really only wrote the sections for their characters, like Morrison wrote the Animal Man and friends, Rucka the Question and Batwoman, Johns the Black Adam, etc. They plotted together, but the script breakdowns were pretty individual to their sections
    I know, that's what I'm saying. They should have just let Morrison write everything.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I loved 52 and anyone who is a fan of Morrison's run on Animal Man should pick it up. It's somewhat of an epilogue or love letter to the character.
    That's probably why I didn't love it. I'm not a big fan of his Animal Man run.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Agreed. There were some really awesome moments. Especially the end of Animal Man's story in 52. Just freakin great

52 is great, a supreme achievement.

Having said that, you should definitely skip the omnibus. It leaves out all of the great commentaries after each issue found in the original four-volume tpb's.

All-New Member

Thank you everyone

I found a few pics of the new Absolute Authority if anyone's considering it.

Absolute Authority A.jpg Absolute Authority B.jpg