View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1005 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100110021003100410051006100710081009101510551105 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 21656

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I found a few pics of the new Absolute Authority if anyone's considering it.

Attachment 58674 Attachment 58675
    Sold my originals today and went ahead and ordered the new one, love me some Authority

Spectacular Member

With the new bunch of books coming in Summer 2018 I saw the announcement for the next Batman Rebirth Deluxe. It states:

This epic hardcover collection includes the cataclysmic events of THE BUTTON, in which Batman and the Flash unite to explore the mystery behind a certain blood stained smiley button. Armed with the terrifying knowledge of a coming storm, Batman makes a proposition to one of his enemies—one that will change everything for the Dark Knight and his allies! This collection ends on a note that everyone will be talking about for years to come.

Tom King continues his critically acclaimed run on BATMAN! Collects BATMAN REBIRTH #16-32 and BATMAN ANNUAL #1.

So despite the statement including the Button event we will only get the Batman issues? So I will have to buy the Button OHC to get the full event, right?

I second the many opinions given about the 52 Omnibus: I liked some Batman parts (Montoya, Batwoman if I remember correctly) but could not get into many other parts of the storylines.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    So despite the statement including the Button event we will only get the Batman issues? So I will have to buy the Button OHC to get the full event, right? .
    Or the flash deluxe which will almost definitely only contain the flash issues of the crossover. They did this same thing with Night of the monster men and they'll probably do the same thing with superman reborn. I'm firmly in the camp that believes they should included either all of the crossover or none of it, this half baked nonsense is infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Or the flash deluxe which will almost definitely only contain the flash issues of the crossover. They did this same thing with Night of the monster men and they'll probably do the same thing with superman reborn. I'm firmly in the camp that believes they should included either all of the crossover or none of it, this half baked nonsense is infuriating.
    Yeah, I'm usually pretty lenient on stuff like this, but this is just annoying. The basic idea of a collected edition is to contain a story in one place. Don't put half a story in a "Deluxe" edition. They are forcing the reader to buy another hardcover or track down singles. I like how valiant does it. They usually put out the event hardcovers and also include the event again in the individual character deluxe if relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    It really is stupid/infuriating. At least with Superman Reborn it's contained to the two Superman titles, which if you're getting one you're probably getting the other...but there are plenty of Batman people not picking up The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Yeah, I'm usually pretty lenient on stuff like this, but this is just annoying. The basic idea of a collected edition is to contain a story in one place. Don't put half a story in a "Deluxe" edition. They are forcing the reader to buy another hardcover or track down singles. I like how valiant does it. They usually put out the event hardcovers and also include the event again in the individual character deluxe if relevant.
    I think their current mentality is to collect ALL the issues for that run. Which I can respect, but when its a crossover, it doesn't make sense. Just keep the crossover issues in a dlx HC of its own, like they've been doing. Extremely simple.solution

2 questions my good friends:

1)I'm planning to get the rest of starman and unfortunately the omnis are hard to get. WOuld just getting the trades be enough for the whole story?

2)Who here has the Atlantis chronicles and how does it look?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    2 questions my good friends:

1)I'm planning to get the rest of starman and unfortunately the omnis are hard to get. WOuld just getting the trades be enough for the whole story?

2)Who here has the Atlantis chronicles and how does it look?
    Mind the TMNT bed sheets. I just love being a Turtle...I mean kid sometimes.

https://postimg.org/gallery/2lglxytns/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

If I could indulge a few more Atlantis Chronicles images....
    AC-4.jpg
    AC-5.jpg
    AC-6.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It's a great book full of war, betrayal, love and magic!
    AC-7.jpg
    AC-8.jpg
    AC-9.jpg

And ends with a tease towards our favorite Atlantean of course.
    AC-10.jpg
    AC-11.jpg
    AC-12.jpg

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    But then you get less content per OHC, and a lot of double, or even tripping dipping, depending on what you are buying - or they force you to buy another OHC anyway to get every issue if they pull things out for crossovers/events OHCs.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    But then you get less content per OHC, and a lot of double, or even tripping dipping, depending on what you are buying - or they force you to buy another OHC anyway to get every issue if they pull things out for crossovers/events OHCs.
    I see your point. Personally I don't mind double dipping if it is relevant to the individual collections. Regardless, inserting half of a story that will be completed in another title's deluxe is not cool. Either don't include it or include it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If I could indulge a few more Atlantis Chronicles images....
    Thanks! Are there any extras in the book?

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    Thanks! Are there any extras in the book?
    There are some documents about the real Atlantis Chronicles at the end of some issues. They're really interesting.