View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1006 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 6506906956996100210031004100510061007100810091010101610561106 ... LastLast
Results 15,076 to 15,090 of 21657
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I see your point. Personally I don't mind double dipping if it is relevant to the individual collections. Regardless, inserting half of a story that will be completed in another title's deluxe is not cool. Either don't include it or include it all.
    Eh, DC have done right by The Button - it's in an OHC if you really dont want to buy Flash Deluxe.

NotMN was annoying, but I wouldnt have wanted to lose Nightwing issues to put it all in, or cut those issues and had an incomplete run. It was more annoying that the books came out so far apart. If DC are going to do that with crossovers, get the books out together, not three months apart!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Eh, DC have done right by The Button - it's in an OHC if you really dont want to buy Flash Deluxe.

NotMN was annoying, but I wouldnt have wanted to lose Nightwing issues to put it all in, or cut those issues and had an incomplete run. It was more annoying that the books came out so far apart. If DC are going to do that with crossovers, get the books out together, not three months apart!
    I'm fine with that if those issues aren't relevant to the ongoing series (the Batman ones weren't) and don't even make sense on their own. Having them is just a waste of paper and space.

Since, thus far, I have bought all of the OHCs besides JL, JLA, and Harley, I'd rather have the relevant issues from each series and still be able to read the crossover story, than have to buy a separate collected edition. DC is saving me $10 or so for each crossover story. I'm happy.

Thanks to Vilynne and Captain Craig. Looks like Atlantis is on my buy list.

Also about that Starman? Just the single trades or get the Omni hardcovers?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Thanks to Vilynne and Captain Craig. Looks like Atlantis is on my buy list.

Also about that Starman? Just the single trades or get the Omni hardcovers?
    Just fyi, they're not "real" omnibus books, as in they're not oversized dimensions, just thick hardcovers.

That said, fucking fantastic series.

Would you rec them over the small tpbs?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

That depends how much you want to spend. The HCs aren’t cheap. DC started to reprint them in deluxe tpb collections but discontinued them early on.

If you can find the hardcovers for a decent price, definitely get those. They're the definitive way to read the series. But if you CAN'T, read them in whatever way you can, including the small trades. The series is absolutely incredible.

I mean, here's my monstrosity of a Starman collection:

That's the Vol 1 and 2 trade paperback omnibus, the small trade that collects some of the Vol 3 omnibus along with the four single issues for The Shade miniseries that are in the Vol 3 omnibus, and then Vol 4-6 in hardcover omnibus. But I don't even care. It's worth it to have this series.
    Last edited by VanWinkle; 12-05-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    If you can find the hardcovers for a decent price, definitely get those. They're the definitive way to read the series. But if you CAN'T, read them in whatever way you can, including the small trades. The series is absolutely incredible.

That's the Vol 1 and 2 trade paperback omnibus, the small trade that collects some of the Vol 3 omnibus along with the four single issues for The Shade miniseries that are in the Vol 3 omnibus, and then Vol 4-6 in hardcover omnibus. But I don't even care. It's worth it to have this series.
    Thats really stupid on DCs part. Its a fan favorite by far, and there's no definitive way to read it. BUT LOOK OUT! BATMAN YEAR ONE is getting its 78th collected edition.

Alright. Christmas is gonna be fun. Thanks guys.

And yes. I am forever bitter that the new Omnis are discontinued.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post

With James Robinson back to DC, we have better chances that Starman will be reprinted completely again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    There are some documents about the real Atlantis Chronicles at the end of some issues. They're really interesting.
    Yeah, those were part of the original issues. I meant extras as in any other bonus material – foreword, afterword, sketches etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Thats really stupid on DCs part. Its a fan favorite by far, and there's no definitive way to read it. BUT LOOK OUT! BATMAN YEAR ONE is getting its 78th collected edition.
    One sells and the other doesn't. That said, I think DC should do a better job marketing the non-trinity material.

Starman is a rough one for collectors with all the cancels, I ended up just getting singles. You can get the whole run in a decent price on Ebay. I plan on binding it down the road as I cannot see DC trying to do a new omnibus when 3 has been cancelled twice.

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    Yeah, those were part of the original issues. I meant extras as in any other bonus material – foreword, afterword, sketches etc.
    There is a forward