View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1011 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 115119119611001100710081009101010111012101310141015102110611111 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,165 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Shocked they have Absolute Killing Joke for only 50 in new solicits and not 75 or 100. Glad they are collecting both versions of it like they did with Batman Year One.
    I must have missed this in all the discussions about the solicits. Do you have a link? I'll definitely upgrade if it's $50, since that would probably translate to $25 at IST on release week. I'm still shaking my head over Year One. Would love to get that in Absolute form but screw the price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I must have missed this in all the discussions about the solicits. Do you have a link?
    Link to Newsarama. I didn't know about it, either.

ABSOLUTE BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE HC
    Written by ALAN MOORE and BRIAN BOLLAND
    Art and cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    One of the most popular graphic novels of all time, this twisted tale of insanity and perseverance is presented as an Absolute Edition for the first time. Looking to prove that any man can be pushed past his breaking point to madness, the Joker attempts to drive Commissioner Gordon insane. Refusing to give up, Gordon struggles to maintain his sanity with the help of Batman in a desperate effort to best the madman.
    This edition collects BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE with Bolland’s reimagined colors and the original edition’s colors, a story from BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE and Joker artwork from Bolland’s long career with DC, including never-before-published artwork.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 12 • 152 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5” • $49.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8412-1

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Link to Newsarama. I didn't know about it, either.
    Wow - thanks! There's also a Warren Ellis Global Frequency OHC that I wasn't aware of, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Wow - thanks! There's also a Warren Ellis Global Frequency OHC that I wasn't aware of, too.
    I think this one showed up in an Amazon fish a couple weeks ago - I'm on the fence as I have the newer trade form a few years ago.

The Absolute Killing Joke is new though. And priced fairly decently. But also kind of out of left field. It's a pass for me, the deluxe is good enough

I wish D C would extend there Absolute frenzy one more book and release Absolute Alan Moore Swamp Thing vol.1

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I wish D C would extend there Absolute frenzy one more book and release Absolute Alan Moore Swamp Thing vol.1
    As much as I love Absolutes, Moore's SW, in my opinion, would best be in an Omnibus.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    i agree 100%

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    As much as I love Absolutes, Moore's SW, in my opinion, would best be in an Omnibus.
    why??? absolute is the most premium format that have

Quote Originally Posted by ZGOD View Post
    They can fit his entire run in one book as an omnibus, while if an absolute it would be 2-3 books

Because Absolutes should be for one-and-done books. Omnibus is the obvious choice for Moore's Swamp Thing.

Yeah I agree. I mean the best way to read The Sandman, is in Absolute Format. So why not Swamp Thing? It would be the deluxe treatment he deserves.

Incredible Member

I would prefer Absolutes over one jumbo omnibus if those are the options. A two edition omnibus set would be ok too and probably my preference as 3-4 Absolutes would take a while to come out. Just get it out already!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

THE ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY VOL. 2 HC NEW EDITION Cover by FRANK QUITELY:

This slipcased, oversized hardcover volume includes THE AUTHORITY #13-29, THE AUTHORITY ANNUAL 2000 and stories from WILDSTORM SUMMER SPECIAL!

ABSOLUTE BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE HC Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND:

This edition collects BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE with Bolland’s reimagined colors and the original edition’s colors, a story from BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE and Joker artwork from Bolland’s long career with DC, including never-before-published artwork.

INFINITE CRISIS OMNIBUS NEW EDITION Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS:

Collects ACTION COMICS #826 and 829, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #639 and 642, COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS #1, DAY OF VENGEANCE #1-6, DAY OF VENGEANCE INFINITE CRISIS SPECIAL #1, JLA #115-119 #1, INFINITE CRISIS #1-6, INFINITE CRISIS SECRET FILES 2006 #1, THE OMAC PROJECT #1-6, THE OMAC PROJECT INFINITE CRISIS SPECIAL #1, RANN-THANAGAR WAR #1-6, THE RANN-THANAGAR INFINITE CRISIS SPECIAL #1, SUPERMAN #216 and #219, VILLAINS UNITED #1-6, VILLAINS UNITED INFINITE CRISIS SPECIAL #1 and WONDER WOMAN #129.