View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1015 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 155159159651005101110121013101410151016101710181019102510651115 ... LastLast
Results 15,211 to 15,225 of 21671
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Does anyone know how well the Justice League International Omnibus Volume 1 sold? I'd love to see this whole run collected in 2 more omnibi and wondered if the sales for volume 1 were enough to support volume 2 being released.
    It shifted 1,208 copies in it's premiere month which is actually a very good result for a DC Omnibus.

Incredible Member

Hey everyone,

Can Anyone vouch for this? It looks like we may be able to get that me and zero Year hardcovers that are oversized but I am having a hard time navigating the site and figuring out how to order them specifically. Any help would be extremely welcome. I’d love to get a hold of these zero year ohc’s

http://www.eaglemoss.com/en-gb/comic...d-of-batman-1/
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 12-23-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Hey everyone,

Can Anyone vouch for this? It looks like we may be able to get that me and zero Year hardcovers that are oversized but I am having a hard time navigating the site and figuring out how to order them specifically. Any help would be extremely welcome. I’d love to get a hold of these zero year ohc’s

Eaglemoss is a UK publisher and issue one (Zero Year Part 1) is out now, if you're in the UK shops like Forbidden Planet & WH Smiths stock it. If you are outside the UK it currently says on the website:

Q. How can I get copies if I live outside the UK?

I am sorry, this collection is only available in the UK at the moment.

However IIRC some stores in the US like Midtown comics might import them, also Forbidden Planet sells them (issue 1 is here https://forbiddenplanet.com/237425-d...t-1-hardcover/) and their website states:

Can you deliver internationally?
    Yes, we can deliver orders outside the United Kingdom. If you are an EU resident, your postage rates are calculated for you at the checkout stage. If you are living outside Europe, please contact us and tell us which items you wish to buy. We will then provide you with a shipping quote based on the order’s weight, size and destination.

International packages can take 14-28 days for delivery.

Hope that helps ;-)

Amazing Member

Hey everyone,

they aren't oversized.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Eaglemoss is a UK publisher and issue one (Zero Year Part 1) is out now, if you're in the UK shops like Forbidden Planet & WH Smiths stock it. If you are outside the UK it currently says on the website:

Q. How can I get copies if I live outside the UK?

I am sorry, this collection is only available in the UK at the moment.

However IIRC some stores in the US like Midtown comics might import them, also Forbidden Planet sells them (issue 1 is here https://forbiddenplanet.com/237425-d...t-1-hardcover/) and their website states:

Can you deliver internationally?
    Yes, we can deliver orders outside the United Kingdom. If you are an EU resident, your postage rates are calculated for you at the checkout stage. If you are living outside Europe, please contact us and tell us which items you wish to buy. We will then provide you with a shipping quote based on the order’s weight, size and destination.

International packages can take 14-28 days for delivery.

Hope that helps ;-)
    Wow, I really appreciate that. I want to head and ordered volume one from forbidden planet but it was only a few dollars so it seems too good to be true that it would turn out to be an oversize hardcover. Maybe I still need to do some digging. I’ll let you guys know how the book turns out when it arrives.

Incredible Member

Wow, I really appreciate that. I want to head and ordered volume one from forbidden planet but it was only a few dollars so it seems too good to be true that it would turn out to be an oversize hardcover. Maybe I still need to do some digging. I’ll let you guys know how the book turns out when it arrives.
    No problem at all, with these partwork magazines the first issue is always heavily discounted to draw in customers, the second issue is also slightly cheaper then from issue 3 onwards it goes to normal price

I saw on another board that diamond handle the distribution of similar partworks from the UK so its possible some retailers in the US might be able to get these for you

Hope that helps

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

They wont be oversized, but occasionally they may do a special issue that will be.

There is already a DC graphic novel collection from the same company - here are some pics: $_86.jpg

As you can see, they are standard sized, but the Green Lantern special is an OHC
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

And the Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Strazewski and Parobeck has been cancelled.

Merry @#%& Christmas from DC.

And the Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Strazewski and Parobeck has been cancelled.

again??? Dang it DC, stop with all the cancellations it just leads me to not buying your books (the burn from the Unwritten deluxe and Sanmdan MT still hurts).

F################################################# #################CK!
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    again??? Dang it DC, stop with all the cancellations it just leads me to not buying your books (the burn from the Unwritten deluxe and Sanmdan MT still hurts).
    Feeling like Charlie Brown just wanting to kick the football with all the books i've ordered that were cancelled.

Part of me wants to just stop pre ordering the books and wait until I actually see them on the shelves. The other part says that I need to pre order to keep the sales up and make sure they don't get cancelled.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It shifted 1,208 copies in it's premiere month which is actually a very good result for a DC Omnibus.
    Thats actually an incredible number of sales for a DC omnibus, they usually average around the 900 mark

All-New Member

Do you think we will ever see a Forever Evil omnibus ?
    All the other big events got one so I am pretty sure it will happen

Quote Originally Posted by akhir View Post
    Do you think we will ever see a Forever Evil omnibus ?
    All the other big events got one so I am pretty sure it will happen
    I do. I'd like Johns' JL all in omnibus format with associated tie ins/minis collected correctly, to match up with the Darkseid War omnibus

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Thats actually an incredible number of sales for a DC omnibus, they usually average around the 900 mark
    Yes, it's a pretty good figure. That same month, the Bronze Age Swamp Thing Omnibus also had a very impressive figure of over 1,400 units.