View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 102 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    - Another one that just popped into my head, but again not remembering entirely clearly is something like the Martian Manhunter in Joker's mind? I remember the build up and the challenge being great, and then it gets resolved in like 1 panel as if it was a piece of cake.
    that wasn't Morrison if you are thinking about the Spectre issue.
    edit: just popped into my mind that there was a scene in Rock of ages I think where Martian MAnhunter shaped his mind to match the Joker's or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    that wasn't Morrison if you are thinking about the Spectre issue.
    edit: just popped into my mind that there was a scene in Rock of ages I think where Martian MAnhunter shaped his mind to match the Joker's or something like that?
    Yeah, that's the one. I liked the challenge Morrison created, but then after all the build up it was like a single panel where he figured out what he had to do and did it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Yeah, that's the one. I liked the challenge Morrison created, but then after all the build up it was like a single panel where he figured out what he had to do and did it easily.
    I liked it, I tought it was creative but I can see your problem.

Spectacular Member

So whats the general opinion of the 3 neal adams batman hardcovers? Is there any reason to wait around for an omni if those could be had? If anyone has any idea about build quality Id love to hear it, and also if the omni will be getting any new issues, although I dunno if that info is even available yet.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    I recently stumbled across a nifty custom bound hardcover of Promethea #1-12. Now im eyeing up the Absolute 2 + 3 in order to get the rest of the story. Does anyone have them? Can I get some pics and some info on the quality and what extras there are? They are insanely cheap right now, so if you guys say they are good quality Im gonna get them instead of waiting a year or however long for Immateria.
    Yep, I have all three Absolutes and they're good - especially the second and third ones, as they have some really decent extras, while (if I remember correctly), the first one is fairly 'vanilla' with only an introduction and afterword. Absolutes 2 and 3 have some decent art-based extras, as well as a pull-out poster version of that final issue (in addition to the regular version included in the book) so that you can enjoy it in all its glory.

I don't have the books with me at the moment, but if you want a detailed description of the extras I can post them later. I know from memory that book 3 includes the final Moore issue of Tom Strong that ties in with the 'apocalypse' at the end of the series.

I'd say go ahead and buy them - it doesn't seem a sure thing that the Immateria edition is ever coming out at this point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wallace View Post
    Yep, I have all three Absolutes and they're good - especially the second and third ones, as they have some really decent extras, while (if I remember correctly), the first one is fairly 'vanilla' with only an introduction and afterword. Absolutes 2 and 3 have some decent art-based extras, as well as a pull-out poster version of that final issue (in addition to the regular version included in the book) so that you can enjoy it in all its glory.

I don't have the books with me at the moment, but if you want a detailed description of the extras I can post them later. I know from memory that book 3 includes the final Moore issue of Tom Strong that ties in with the 'apocalypse' at the end of the series.

I'd say go ahead and buy them - it doesn't seem a sure thing that the Immateria edition is ever coming out at this point.
    Immateria is for sure coming out according to what Williams III told me on twitter yesterday. Id love more details on the absolutes if you could later. Does reading Tom Strong help at all with understanding the ending? Ive read the first ten issues already.

Thanks for the advice. These will be my first absolutes!

Amazing Member

Immateria is for sure coming out according to what Williams III told me on twitter yesterday. Id love more details on the absolutes if you could later. Does reading Tom Strong help at all with understanding the ending? Ive read the first ten issues already.
    It's not so much that it helps with understanding the ending (the series stands alone perfectly), but it's a nice tie-in, and something that wasn't collected in the other Moore/Tom Strong HCs.

I'll try and remember to pull the Absolutes off the shelf when I'm home. Although I probably couldn't do much better than this blog, which features loads of details and pics: http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...-slipcase.html

Thanks for the advice. These will be my first absolutes!
    Enjoy. I think it's a great format when it's used to the full.

Would anyone be kind enough to update me as to what books have recently gone out of print? I'm checking the first page but the list hasn't been updated since May.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Looks like all of DC's recent omnis from the last couple of years are still in print (excepting Infinite Crisis and NTT 1). All recent Absolutes seem like they're still in print (most recent one to go OOP was maybe Promethea 1?). I think all recent deluxes are still in print. I heard maybe The Authority vol 1 HC is going OOP or already OOP. That's all I can really think of.

All-New Member

Amazon currently has a Buy 3 get 30% off deal going on books (maxed at a paltry $10 off). Any bit helps!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1002981611

I just ordered the Snowpiercer books and Before the Incal (pre-order) and it worked!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I cannot believe Death & Return of Superman is out of print already! I thought that one would stay in print eternally.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I cannot believe Death & Return of Superman is out of print already! I thought that one would stay in print eternally.
    I actually would have picked that up were it not for the misprints. Maybe they're fixing it? (Not likely, but one can dream)

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    I actually would have picked that up were it not for the misprints. Maybe they're fixing it? (Not likely, but one can dream)
    Yes, I've been tempted repeatedly, but given DC's feelings towards "evergreen" stories and the fact that the films are eventually going to flirt with this plot, I feel as though it will come back around again with some possible improvements.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

What kind of misprints? Can't remember any.
    also, it is still available on bookdepository.
    Last edited by Balakin; 08-09-2014 at 11:53 PM.

BANNED

I read the whole thing and didn't notice any misprints. What misprints?