View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1023 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 235239239731013101910201021102210231024102510261027103310731123 ... LastLast
Results 15,331 to 15,345 of 21672
    Incredible Member

I am also curious of the process or the state of the DC archives. Ie: is it a paper stock issue?
    I have seen threads (on here probably) showing the golden age superman omnibus vs original comic and the original comic in some cases had more detail so they probably don't always have access to original or high quality second generation copies (or maybe it was an earlier digital clean up process).
    In the Flash silver age TP, I recall one page just seeming a bit blurry compared to the previous and next page,

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Anyone know when the Super Sons Rebirth Deluxe Edition is due out?
    I was looking forward to this book. Amazon's listing as a 2035 release, that doesn't bode well... I hope we get a formal solicit soon then

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I was looking forward to this book. Amazon's listing as a 2035 release, that doesn't bode well... I hope we get a formal solicit soon then
    I've been reading this monthly and it's enjoyable although not as good as his B/R or Superman. It's also had several crossovers so far and it's only a year in.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm gonna monitor this thread below, we may be at the point where DC has put out a corrected JLI Omnibus, and I just want to be sure:
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...551b3449a9bbe7

With superglue, I satisfactorily fixed Kirby's Omni, but only DC can fix this JLI one.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm gonna monitor this thread below, we may be at the point where DC has put out a corrected JLI Omnibus, and I just want to be sure:

With superglue, I satisfactorily fixed Kirby's Omni, but only DC can fix this JLI one.
    I wonder if this will be publicized, or if it's up to the individual to reach out to DCBS for a replacement?

My copy remains unwrapped, as reports of the error surfaced before I had a chance to open it. Not that it should make a difference, considering it's a defective product...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I've had the JLI Omnibus since the day it came out and I'm just hearing about this now...guess it's way too late to return, and I don't think it's that big a deal...still love this book and glad I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    guess it's way too late to return, and I don't think it's that big a deal
    Luckily for me, my very cool LCS owner will reorder it for free once the corrected turns up. It's a very big deal to me, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. Too many significant errors.

The Amazon reviews were definitely affected by the errors.

The Kirby Omni one-pager error that could be corrected with using the old's trade page and supergluing it in is more my idea of "not a big deal," at least once I realized I had an easy fix available to me.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-18-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Luckily for me, my very cool LCS owner will reorder it for free once the corrected turns up. It's a very big deal to me, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. Too many significant errors.
    Well, I certainly would have waited for a fixed one, but I've had this thing for months and getting worked up about it will do me no good. Kind of amazing so many errors are in one book. Glad it's not material defects.

Incredible Member

Anyone wants to know the contents of this weeks TPBs I checked through the following today:

Anarky The Complete Collection
    Anarky (1998 series) 1-8 & 1 page profile and "An Anarky Primer" from DC Universe Heroes Secret Files '99

Glossy pages with covers before issues

Super Powers by Jack Kirby

Super Powers vol 1 1-5
    Super Powers vol 2 1-6

Covers before the issues

Green Arrow vol 9: Old Tricks

Green Arrow 73-80 (final Mike Grell issue)
    Green Arrow the Wonder Year 1-4

Newsprint paper, all covers collected at the back of the TPB

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Green Arrow vol 9: Old Tricks

Green Arrow 73-80 (final Mike Grell issue)
    Green Arrow the Wonder Year 1-4

Newsprint paper, all covers collected at the back of the TPB
    My copy's in the mail, but I can't wait for this one!

I'm hoping they continue to collect this series post-Grell (at the very least through #100).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    My copy's in the mail, but I can't wait for this one!

I'm hoping they continue to collect this series post-Grell (at the very least through #100).
    It would be cool if we got Ollie's death & Connor's first appearances as GA collected

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    It would be cool if we got Ollie's death & Connor's first appearances as GA collected
    Oops, you just reminded me. We would need #101 in there too.

I'd be totally on board for all of the Connor issues to be collected; #102 - 137 would fit nicely in a couple of fat trades...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I do hope they continue after Grell with those, but I'd probably bet it ends here, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I wonder if this will be publicized, or if it's up to the individual to reach out to DCBS for a replacement?

My copy remains unwrapped, as reports of the error surfaced before I had a chance to open it. Not that it should make a difference, considering it's a defective product...
    Well, Bleeding Cool just ran it as a story...so consider it publicized haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Well, Bleeding Cool just ran it as a story...so consider it publicized haha.
    You are correct.

I guess I meant was DC going to actively advertise/offer replacements. But after reading the BC article again, that sounds like a big fat "NO".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009