View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1024 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 245249249741014102010211022102310241025102610271028103410741124 ... LastLast
Results 15,346 to 15,360 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You are correct.

I guess I meant was DC going to actively advertise/offer replacements. But after reading the BC article again, that sounds like a big fat "NO".
    I knew what you meant.

I keep thinking back to the Johns Flash Omnibus 3 misprint and how DC handled it almost right away, free replacements, etc. A really high moment for them. Now after 2 in a row here, and no acknowledgement from DC other than Didio's Facebook response brush off, it's kind of annoying now. The head of DC collected editions isn't on social media(as a public figure anyway, she seems to have more of a private account) and it's probably in poor taste to email her about it....

It's disappointing and I want to believe DC is working to fix it, but I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I do hope they continue after Grell with those, but I'd probably bet it ends here, sadly.
    I think there's a chance to at least collect one more tpb, since Grell's run seemed to do so well. DC might take a chance but if that doesn't sell then they'll pull the plug quickly. But, this could be a lot like the move to collect Hellblazer. So far, they've been full steam ahead. In fact, I can't recall any previous collection like it. It's a 300 issue run and they're more than two-thirds of they way done. But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I knew what you meant.

The head of DC collected editions isn't on social media(as a public figure anyway, she seems to have more of a private account) and it's probably in poor taste to email her about it....

It's disappointing and I want to believe DC is working to fix it, but I don't know
    Is her email readily available online? If so, I wouldn't consider it in poor taste.

Is Snyder/Capullo's Batman run collected in OHC?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I think there's a chance to at least collect one more tpb, since Grell's run seemed to do so well. DC might take a chance but if that doesn't sell then they'll pull the plug quickly. But, this could be a lot like the move to collect Hellblazer. So far, they've been full steam ahead. In fact, I can't recall any previous collection like it. It's a 300 issue run and they're more than two-thirds of they way done. But I digress.

Is her email readily available online? If so, I wouldn't consider it in poor taste.
    \

It's on her LinkedIn. Is that fair game? I don't really know. It says to "reach out to her" and it's a gmail account, so I highly doubt it's her DC work email. Also need to amend my earlier post, she's not the head, but one of the collected editions group editors. My mistake

And speaking of oddball collections, I was just looking at picking up the post Morrison Animal Man trades and see they stopped collecting at 79, 10 issues shy of the end of the series and the last trade came out almost 3 years ago. Sigh. Then again, I've never read any of those either, so they may not even be worth reprinting
    Last edited by ER Prest; 01-18-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Is Snyder/Capullo's Batman run collected in OHC?
    The first story line is collected in an Absolute or it's going to be. Can't remember since I wasn't a fan. But they haven't been collected in traditional OHCs yet.

\

It's on her LinkedIn. Is that fair game? I don't really know

And speaking of oddball collections, I was just looking at picking up the post Morrison Animal Man trades and see they stopped collecting at 79, 10 issues shy of the end of the series and the last trade came out almost 3 years ago. Sigh. Then again, I've never read any of those either, so they may not even be worth reprinting
    LinkedIn is fair game. It's a public profile. Just be polite.

Although the teams that later tackled Animal Man after Morrison left were big names, I couldn't get into the stories. That said, I would go back and re-read them. I really enjoyed the Morrison stuff although I was somewhat put off by the ending, so I might have been measuring those who came later by his run.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Oops, you just reminded me. We would need #101 in there too.

I'd be totally on board for all of the Connor issues to be collected; #102 - 137 would fit nicely in a couple of fat trades...
    Same here. Chuck Dixon's stint on chronicling Connor Hawke are under appreciated.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Not sure if an appropriate thread, but Amazon is doing $10 off book orders over $100 and it works on Omnibuses etc. with code TEXT10
    It's especially good for Omnibus on pre-order, as the prices are $100 or more.
    Thanks JoeGuy for this. We actually have a Good Deals thread for these kind of posts

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks JoeGuy for this. We actually have a Good Deals thread for these kind of posts
    I always forget to check that. So a pop in here every now and again Is pretty nice.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Sorry about that, thanks for letting me know.
    No worries mate. Thanks again for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I always forget to check that. So a pop in here every now and again Is pretty nice.
    That's true.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

\
    I know it's blasphemous, but I just might like Jamie Delano's Animal Man better than Morrison's; that run is completed by the available trades.

Jerry Prosser wrapped up the series with #80-89, and his stuff is... weird. I'd buy it again if DC decided to collect it, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. By the end, the characters were almost unrecognizable.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Same here. Chuck Dixon's stint on chronicling Connor Hawke are under appreciated.
    I loved that run as well
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I was looking forward to this book. Amazon's listing as a 2035 release, that doesn't bode well... I hope we get a formal solicit soon then
    It was solicited for February originally, I believe, but now it's not not. And there's no date being shown.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I know it's blasphemous, but I just might like Jamie Delano's Animal Man better than Morrison's; that run is completed by the available trades.

Jerry Prosser wrapped up the series with #80-89, and his stuff is... weird. I'd buy it again if DC decided to collect it, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. By the end, the characters were almost unrecognizable.
    Didn't Delano actually first coin the term "the red"?
    If so, that's certainly a contribution to the character. Granted it would have been based off of "the green" but still.