View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1025 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 255259259751015102110221023102410251026102710281029103510751125 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,375 of 21674

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I know it's blasphemous, but I just might like Jamie Delano's Animal Man better than Morrison's; that run is completed by the available trades.

Jerry Prosser wrapped up the series with #80-89, and his stuff is... weird. I'd buy it again if DC decided to collect it, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. By the end, the characters were almost unrecognizable.
    I'll probably pick them up anyway. I like Delano . And I'd probably pick up the hypothetical last trade of Prosser just to be a completionist in all honestly.

Related: When is DC going to release an omnibus of Lemire's Animal man? I figured we would have had it by now.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Didn't Delano actually first coin the term "the red"?
    If so, that's certainly a contribution to the character. Granted it would have been based off of "the green" but still.
    As far as I know, he did. Jeff Lemire's run borrowed heavily from Delano's, which is probably why I love that one too.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

As far as I know, he did. Jeff Lemire's run borrowed heavily from Delano's, which is probably why I love that one too.
    Lemire's run was top notch. Yes, he used the "red" as well. Lemire and Synder really ran with that concept "the rot"...etc. In a way, they did to Animal Man and Swamp Thing what Geoff Johns did to Green Lantern and the color spectrum. I think some credit goes to Mark Millar as well, since he touched on the various elements (he didn't name them after colors) in his final year on Swamp Thing. (But I digress.)

I'd love a Lemire omnibus and a Soule OHC ST.

Lemire's run was top notch. Yes, he used the "red" as well. Lemire and Synder really ran with that concept "the rot"...etc. In a way, they did to Animal Man and Swamp Thing what Geoff Johns did to Green Lantern and the color spectrum. I think some credit goes to Mark Millar as well, since he touched on the various elements (he didn't name them after colors) in his final year on Swamp Thing. (But I digress.)

I'd love a Lemire omnibus and a Soule OHC ST.
    Lemires AM is probably my favorite N52 series. It was an incredible and thrilling ride. I was in love with Lemire after that. But I sadly found none of his succeeding work to be as enjoyable, or on par, in terms of quality.

What are the chances of some war comics omnis? I’m thinking a weird war tales or gi combat would be very cool. What age era omnis do you think will come soon? (New vol 1s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlecHolland View Post
    What are the chances of some war comics omnis? I’m thinking a weird war tales or gi combat would be very cool. What age era omnis do you think will come soon? (New vol 1s)
    DC have been quite cautious with the GA, SA & BA lines as they probably want to avoid flooding the market. Most of the new lines have been for popular characters (Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman) or media tie-ins (Supergirl, Suicide Squad). IF the upcoming House Of Secrets The Bronze Age Omnibus sells well I wouldn't be surprised to see them try other non-superhero lines such as the war books.

Is Absolute Sandman 5 worth getting? just realised i don't have it but i seem to recall being told not to bother for some reason

Amazing Member

I'd be totally on board for all of the Connor issues to be collected; #102 - 137 would fit nicely in a couple of fat trades...
    So would I, but I don't think the Connor Hawke portion of Dixon's run can be collected in just two volumes, thanks to the amount of crossovers with other books. I'd particularly love to see the "Brotherhood of the Fist" crossover with Dixon's Bat-books collected in full for once. Here's how I'd map it in three volumes:

Book One - Green Arrow #102-114, Robin #25 and Green Lantern #76-77

Book Two - Green Arrow #115-129 and Green Lantern #92

Book Three - Green Arrow #130-137 and #1,000,0000, Green Lantern #96 and #104, The Flash #135, Detective Comics #723, Robin #55 and Nightwing #23.
    Last edited by Starro; 01-22-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlecHolland View Post
    I would love this! Even a series of trades would be nice for weird war tales. One of my favourite comics growing up. I used to pick old issues up for like 25cents each whenever I came across them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is Absolute Sandman 5 worth getting? just realised i don't have it but i seem to recall being told not to bother for some reason
    It is essentially Absolute Endless Nights and Dream Hunters. If you already have those in other formats and are happy with then, then no need. But if you want to see nice big Endless Nights art, it's worth it. Plus it just looks awesome next to the other four volumes.

Mighty Member

Noticed Mister Miracle vol 1 not being listedon either dc or amazon dot com.

Wonder if that means theyll collect the whole run in one book instead of two. Wouldnt mind if it went straight to absolute

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Lemires AM is probably my favorite N52 series. It was an incredible and thrilling ride. I was in love with Lemire after that. But I sadly found none of his succeeding work to be as enjoyable, or on par, in terms of quality.
    His Green Arrow was really good although at the time it was hard for me because it wasn't my Green Arrow and I never liked what happened to the character with the New 52. That said, it's a good story line.

I read his Moon Knight and wasn't impressed. Every issue was pretty much the same. His Old Man Logan was only a little bit better.

He and Snyder collaborated on AD After Death, which I really enjoyed although I think Snyder did most of the writing. And Sweet Tooth wasn't bad if you can get past some easily predictably events in the first few arcs. I'm currently readying Royal City, which is a pretty moody comic on a family and I'm really digging it but it's probably not for everyone.

Also, I'll eventually check out Descender.

Incredible Member

His Green Arrow was really good although at the time it was hard for me because it wasn't my Green Arrow and I never liked what happened to the character with the New 52. That said, it's a good story line.

I read his Moon Knight and wasn't impressed. Every issue was pretty much the same. His Old Man Logan was only a little bit better.

He and Snyder collaborated on AD After Death, which I really enjoyed although I think Snyder did most of the writing. And Sweet Tooth wasn't bad if you can get past some easily predictably events in the first few arcs. I'm currently readying Royal City, which is a pretty moody comic on a family and I'm really digging it but it's probably not for everyone.

I enjoyed Green Arrow and Moon Knight. Lemires Black Hammer is excellent and the best Lemire I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I enjoyed Green Arrow and Moon Knight. Lemires Black Hammer is excellent and the best Lemire I have read.
    Forgot about that. I read the first tpb and liked it.

His GA run was pretty solid, I enjoyed it. Descender is...decent. Kind of reminds me of A.I mixed in with another film I can't remember the name of. I loved the idea of him on Moon Knight, and later Thanos, but both seemed extremely underwhelming.