View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1031 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 315319319811021102710281029103010311032103310341035104110811131 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,465 of 21671

Looks like no one noticed the Knightquest Omni has two pages printed out of order, at least in my copy: specifically pages 3 and 4 of Legends of the Dark Knight issue 61.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Looks like no one noticed the Knightquest Omni has two pages printed out of order, at least in my copy: specifically pages 3 and 4 of Legends of the Dark Knight issue 61.

I just checked my copy and the first three pages are out of order. Stupid DC
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Ugh. This seems to be a relatively recent phenomenon; for years and years collections were printed in order with no problems. Why all of the sudden is this becoming a fairly common occurrence? Wtf changed??

I know very little about the publishing biz, so maybe there's a "good" excuse for this. But I'm doubting it...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I just checked my copy and the first three pages are out of order. Stupid DC
    You're right, pages 1 and 2 are also in the reverse order. I actually hadn't noticed even though the first one should have obviously been the splash page, but the story flows well enough.

I did notice the mistake with pages 3 and 4, though, because on the page printed as 4 Bruce Wayne 'reacts' to something he pretends not to be aware of, that he's actually talking about in the page printed as 3. I was like "WTF?".
    Last edited by ShooCat; 01-27-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    You're right, pages 1 and 2 are also in the reverse order. I actually hadn't noticed even though the first one should have obviously been the splash page, but the story flows well enough.

I did notice the mistake with pages 3 and 4, though, because on the page printed as 4 Bruce Wayne 'reacts' to something he pretends not to be aware of, that he's actually talking about in the page printed as 3. I was like "WTF?".
    The only 'good' thing (and I use that term loosely) is that if you're reading that story, you'll notice right away because the pages involve two separate stories going on in the same issue. If the first four pages were out of order and the book was just about character "x" moving along a story, then it would have really been confusing.

But there's clearly two distinct stories so a reader should be able to figure it out and just flip the first four pages pages back and forth and then you're good from there.

Still shouldn't happen though. Where is quality control at? Are they taking naps when these things are printed?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Why not a Zero hour omnibus with all the crossover? Hell, why not a Crisis omnibus with all the crossovers or Invasion or Millenium? Or Amageddon 2001 annual colletions. I can't be the only one nostalgic for those books and those crossovers would seem perfect for an omnibus.
    I would buy every single one of these books. Out of the five you mentioned, I've only read Zero Hour and Crisis. I've always wanted to read the others. I was a Marvel kid in the 80s, so I missed out on a lot of DC of the era that I want to go back and read.

"Invasion!" would make an awesome omni, as it was a tight story with plenty of relevant tie-ins (not every one, but most).

"Millenium" was... decent. While it had plenty of tie-ins, many of them weren't so relevant, and nearly all of them were forgotten soon after the crossover ended.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I would buy every single one of these books. Out of the five you mentioned, I've only read Zero Hour and Crisis. I've always wanted to read the others. I was a Marvel kid in the 80s, so I missed out on a lot of DC of the era that I want to go back and read.
    I joked about this elsewhere, but I would love an Armageddon 2001 Omnibus with the finale redrawn/rewritten to match the original (planned) ending. Include both endings or whatever, but we're four continuity refreshes since Armageddon came out, so it won't be a huge continuity buster. Denny O'Neil's original script/plan has to be around, and Jurgens is on staff to redraw the necessary pages (you know, if he wanted to). I don't want to speak for anyone else, but new pages and a coherent ending would convince me to pony up omnibus money . . .

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Shame about the misplaced pages in the Knightfall Vol. 2 Omni. I suppose we can still look on the bright side as there are no missing pages and speech bubbles or duplicate pages

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Shame about the misplaced pages in the Knightfall Vol. 2 Omni. I suppose we can still look on the bright side as there are no missing pages and speech bubbles or duplicate pages
    Have our standards fallen so far? Lol
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Have our standards fallen so far? Lol
    I know, right?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Ridiculous. I'm glad I didn't buy any of these Knightfall Omnis yet (I was kinda considering it). My comic binding is just becoming more and more justified to myself (cuz sometimes I question it, because maybe DC will release proper collections). My Knightfall volumes don't have errors and are more complete and use a lot of TPB pages with no ads. Get it together DC!
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-29-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I can't wait for the to Peter David collections of Aquaman to come out!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeetle91189 View Post
    I can't wait for the to Peter David collections of Aquaman to come out!
    Now you're talking my language. And no, I DON'T talk to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Now you're talking my language. And no, I DON'T talk to fish.
    I hate to plagiarize myself from another thread, but...

I hope everyone who plans on buying these is pre-ordering them! Either from their LCS, Amazon, wherever.

Both volumes 1 and 2 are available for pre-order, but if DC doesn't perceive enough interest based on those numbers, there won't be a volume 3...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009