View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1034 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 345349349841024103010311032103310341035103610371038104410841134 ... LastLast
Results 15,496 to 15,510 of 21657

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    There are a few issues missing, and most of the trades are way OOP.
    OK, thanks.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Is it okay to discuss custom binds on this forum?
    We do have a special thread for that:
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-Book-Binding

Might be best or easier to ask there, less clutter. But I custom bind and have done Snyder (working on my Vol 3, which goes beyond strictly Snyder/Capullo).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-01-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Interesting, I'll check that out and thanks for letting me know.

On a different topic, I just got my Doom Patrol omnibus today and it is beefy. Very nice quality. What I'm wondering is though, what determines the paper stock in an omnibus?

The Doom Patrol omnibus is atleast 25% thicker than my JSA Vol. 1 omnibus, but they have the same page count and came out the same year. What decides thinner, glossy stock or matte, thick stock?
    I think they just consider what works best for the material. That being said, though, the past couple of years they've used the same paper stock on pretty much every omnibus, which is a thick satin-finish stock.

Also, do you have the JSA omni with the "old" DC logo, or the reprint with the new DC logo? Because if you have the old one, holy crap the Doom Patrol omni must be massive, because the original JSA Vol. 1 is HUGE.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:39 PM.

I have the reprint, . So does quality dip with reprints and should I be on the lookout for older prints of Omnibus?
    Quality doesn't really dip, it's just different. The reprint probably uses the thinner-but-still-thick paper that they use nowadays instead of the crazy thick first print paper. But it also likely has a better binding than the first printing, which is quite tight.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Hey guys, was the superman triangle era ever collected? I noticed this, but obviously it was never released. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...tededitions-20

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hey guys, was the superman triangle era ever collected? I noticed this, but obviously it was never released. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...tededitions-20
    There are all sorts of trades from that period. Not "complete collection" comprehensive trades. If you look below that ad, you'll see: Superman: Exile and Other Stories Omnibus

And that is coming out. I don't think that Omnibus is enough and I hope DC reauthorizes the Man of Tommorrow series of paperbacks.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The first hardcover was cancelled, but an omnibus has been solicited.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's due out around the end of March.

Amazing Member

I didn't see this mentions - but could've missed it.
    On the subject of DC trying to sort their recent issues with quality control out, they are advertising for a new collected editions editor: https://careers.timewarner.com/TGWeb...504&Codes=NIND

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rynprc View Post
    On the subject of DC trying to sort their recent issues with quality control out, they are advertising for a new collected editions editor: https://careers.timewarner.com/TGWeb...504&Codes=NIND
    The one part in that job description under 'what do we require of you' that made me laugh was: Ability to Distinguish Color
    I'm sure it's technical related but hey, no blue/green color blind people need apply.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The first hardcover was cancelled, but an omnibus has been solicited.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's due out around the end of March.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    There are all sorts of trades from that period. Not "complete collection" comprehensive trades. If you look below that ad, you'll see: Superman: Exile and Other Stories Omnibus

And that is coming out. I don't think that Omnibus is enough and I hope DC reauthorizes the Man of Tommorrow series of paperbacks.

Thanks for the help, I guess this is good enough to start out with.

Quote Originally Posted by rynprc View Post
    We need them to hire Grayson he had a great eye for design on collected editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    We need them to hire Grayson he had a great eye for design on collected editions.
    I may or may not have quickly and seriously emailed that to him.