View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1037 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 375379379871027103310341035103610371038103910401041104710871137 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,555 of 21671
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    I'm not much of a Batman reader, but...
    Does the Morrison omnibus coming out cover his Batman & Robin run?
    No, not Vol 1. Vol 2 will cover it. And then a Vol 3 is I think likely and that will cover Batman Incorporated.

And all that makes sense. Those were the three Acts of Morrison's run.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Regarding the Jack Kirby Fourth World Omnibus and its one page printing error, apparently DC sent this out to retailers:
    "For a limited time, retailers may make full copy returns of any copies of JACK KIRBY'S FOURTH WORLD OMNIBUS HC currently on their shelves or returned by their customers. Each returned copy will be replaced by a corrected copy when the new copies arrive in stock."

Corrected copies are set to ship March 14.
    All returned copies must be received by Diamond by April 11.

So, looks like DC is trying to make amends. JLI's corrected Omnibus is already available as I understand, I think my LCS guy told me my corrected one is coming.

Knightfall Vol 2 Omnibus Knightquest...I wouldn't be surprised now if that ends up corrected.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Regarding the Jack Kirby Fourth World Omnibus and its one page printing error, apparently DC sent this out to retailers:

So, looks like DC is trying to make amends. JLI's corrected Omnibus is already available as I understand, I think my LCS guy told me my corrected one is coming.

Knightfall Vol 2 Omnibus Knightquest...I wouldn't be surprised now if that ends up corrected.
    Anyone know what the DCBS/IST policy is on this? I'd love to be able to send back my JLI and Fourth World omnis and get new copies, but not looking forward to paying shipping on those big books.

Second question: anyone know of a clever ways to bump a $49.99 IST order over the $50 free shipping threshold? If you buy a gift certificate with your order, does it count toward the total? Or is there some kind of really inexpensive item I can add to the order?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Anyone know what the DCBS/IST policy is on this? I'd love to be able to send back my JLI and Fourth World omnis and get new copies, but not looking forward to paying shipping on those big books.

Second question: anyone know of a clever ways to bump a $49.99 IST order over the $50 free shipping threshold? If you buy a gift certificate with your order, does it count toward the total? Or is there some kind of really inexpensive item I can add to the order?
    I sent them an email this morning I will post response once I hear back.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Superman Golden Age Omnibus Diamond figures are as follows:

Vol. 1 - 1,090 (June 2013)
    Vol. 2 - 802 (July 2016)
    Vol. 3 - 699 (December 2016)
    Vol. 4 - 622 (May 2017)
    Vol. 5 - 630 (January 2018)
    Hope to see a solicit for vol.6 later this year!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

This honestly surprises me a bit. Kudos to DC for doing what they can to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post

There's a ton of under $6 Image volume 1 trades.

Heard back from IST about Fourth World and this was the response.

"Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry! We are currently trying to figure out the best way to handle the situation. We ask that you be patient with us while we discuss our options with DC. We will get back to you as soon as possible!

Thank you for your business! We appreciate it!

Thanks,

Emily"

Incredible Member

My god, you & I think alike. I want Dixon Tec collected so badly. DC just has to be smart about it and realize they can skip some "event" issues during it (that are already in Contagion, Legacy, etc).

They've done some Moench/Jones, but Dixon Tec was going on at the same time. It's a great little run.
    Glad you agree! they definitely wouldn't need to include the tie-in issues to events that they have recently reprinted elsewhere (or hell, I wouldn't mind if they did reprint them to just as long as they reprinted his whole run!) considering we have had the Brubaker, Rucka and Moench/Jones runs Dixon's one seems like a no-brainer!

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I really hope they didn't abandon these series, although it's starting to look that way. The current reprints of Nightwing, Robin, and BoP started around the same time, but only the latter has fallen way behind...
    Also the Azrael series only had one TPB released around the same time with vol 2 & 3 solicited but never getting released. My personal hope is that once they have finished releasing the full Robin and Nightwing series they might restart the Cassandra Cain/BOP & Azrael lines again!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Also the Azrael series only had one TPB released around the same time with vol 2 & 3 solicited but never getting released. My personal hope is that once they have finished releasing the full Robin and Nightwing series they might restart the Cassandra Cain/BOP & Azrael lines again!
    Fingers crossed. I really want to get more Azrael volumes.

Incredible Member

My god, you & I think alike. I want Dixon Tec collected so badly. DC just has to be smart about it and realize they can skip some "event" issues during it (that are already in Contagion, Legacy, etc).

They've done some Moench/Jones, but Dixon Tec was going on at the same time. It's a great little run.
    I really hope they didn't abandon these series, although it's starting to look that way. The current reprints of Nightwing, Robin, and BoP started around the same time, but only the latter has fallen way behind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Fingers crossed. I really want to get more Azrael volumes.
    Same here, I really enjoyed vol 1 and want to read more of JPV's adventures.

Batman Legacy volume 2

Batman 534
    Bane 1 (one shot)
    Bane of the Demon 1-4
    Shadow of the Bat 54
    Catwoman 36
    Detective Comics 701-702
    Robin 32-33
    What's the goal of this series? Collect all the Dixon issues? Will the issues in this series overlap with any of the others?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I returned my copy after seeing the awful reproduction. I was hoping they were maybe taking their time with vol. 2 to correct that, but apparently not.

While I do hope they complete Robin and Nightwing, both series have a long way to go. I wish they'd alternate releases, maybe 2-3 vol.'s of each series a year or something.

I also fear Balent's Catwoman is soon to join the list of abandoned collections...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    What's the goal of this series? Collect all the Dixon issues? Will the issues in this series overlap with any of the others?
    These have been collections of all the 90's Bat-family crossovers in expanded TPB's (Contagion, Legacy, Cataclysm, No Mans Land, Bruce Wayne Murderer/Fugitive & War Games/War Crimes)

It would take a few TPB's to collect the entire Dixon issues (Detective 683- 729) and a bit less if they skip any of the issues in the crossover collections (683-694 and 703-718)

There isnt any overlap with the crossover collections although there are gaps between them as well

Incredible Member

I returned my copy after seeing the awful reproduction. I was hoping they were maybe taking their time with vol. 2 to correct that, but apparently not.

While I do hope they complete Robin and Nightwing, both series have a long way to go. I wish they'd alternate releases, maybe 2-3 vol.'s of each series a year or something.

I also fear Balent's Catwoman is soon to join the list of abandoned collections...
    Yeah I remember that, same with Azrael issues in the NML trades, IIRC someone (possibly at DC) said they didnt have correct files for Azrael for some reason compared to other series from the same time period

I'd prefer that they release 2 of each series a year to get them released quicker (I really don't want them to give up halfway through the series!)

Damn, I'd forgotten about the Balent Catwoman TPB, I hope we hear about the next release soon!