View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1038 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 385389389881028103410351036103710381039104010411042104810881138 ... LastLast
Results 15,556 to 15,570 of 21670
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    It would take a few TPB's to collect the entire Dixon issues (Detective 683- 729) and a bit less if they skip any of the issues in the crossover collections (683-694 and 703-718)
    They should go a little before Knightfall too to capture some there too, like the (BTAS-adapted) classic "A Bullet for Bullock" (Tec #651). Shadow Box (Batman 467-469 & maybe etc) is another they could consider adding in (I don't know that's wound up elsewhere recently).

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/detec...es/4040-41486/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    They should go a little before Knightfall too to capture some there too, like the classic "A Bullet for Bullock" (Tec #651)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/detec...es/4040-41486/
    Yes thats true, I was only looking at the post-Knightfall stuff

Bullet for Bullock is a great issue and was adapted into an excellent episode of B:TAS as well

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    These have been collections of all the 90's Bat-family crossovers in expanded TPB's (Contagion, Legacy, Cataclysm, No Mans Land, Bruce Wayne Murderer/Fugitive & War Games/War Crimes)

It would take a few TPB's to collect the entire Dixon issues (Detective 683- 729) and a bit less if they skip any of the issues in the crossover collections (683-694 and 703-718)

There isnt any overlap with the crossover collections although there are gaps between them as well
    Ah, I didn't realise Legacy was the name of a crossover. Thanks

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Ah, I didn't realise Legacy was the name of a crossover. Thanks
    No problem at all ;-)

Spectacular Member

No, not Vol 1. Vol 2 will cover it. And then a Vol 3 is I think likely and that will cover Batman Incorporated.

And all that makes sense.

Those were the three Acts of Morrison's run.
    Thanks J

Woah, there's going to be three volumes? I guess that'd be nicer to handle than the X-men or invisibles omnibus. Mind you I only have those in trades (though recently I saw those Deluxe Invisibles at my local and had to pick them up - which also made me look at my collection and come here actually).

Think I'll just try to complete the original graphic novels I have.
    Last edited by koonfasa; 02-16-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post

Woah, there's going to be three volumes?
    Not 100% positive, but the 3-Act run is about 75 issues total and I just think they won't cram it into 2 volumes, but we'll see. Maybe. I'm 60% thinking 3 volumes.

EDIT: more like about 75 issues
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-16-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not 100% positive, but the 3-Act run is about 65 issues total and I just think they won't cram it into 2 volumes, but we'll see. Maybe. I'm 60% thinking 3 volumes.
    Would you expect whatever omnibus collects the Batman and Robin run and the Inc run to have anything that isn't in the Absolutes? I mean issue-wise and not extras.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Would you expect whatever omnibus collects the Batman and Robin run and the Inc run to have anything that isn't in the Absolutes? I mean issue-wise and not extras.
    Return of Bruce Wayne #1-6 and Batman #700-702 are not in any Absolute. Checked amazon and yup, they aren't. And they are important and good reads.

Also, no idea on this, BUT I know Batman #700 (from the Time and the Batman trade) had some fill-in artists, and DC might possibly take this opportunity to rectify that with Quitely or whoever.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-17-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Return of Bruce Wayne #1-6 and Batman #700-702 are not in any Absolute. Checked amazon and yup, they aren't. And they are important and good reads.

Also, no idea on this, BUT I know Batman #700 had some fill-in artists, and DC might possibly take this opportunity to rectify that with Quietly or whoever. But there have been various B&R releases and that hasn't been done so far, so maybe only 30% chance of that.
    Thanks - all good points. I was wondering if I could get away with not having to get all the omnibus collections and just go with the Absolutes that I have for those specific runs. And you’re correct, the Return is definitely a key storyline and a pretty good one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks - all good points. I was wondering if I could get away with not having to get all the omnibus collections and just go with the Absolutes that I have for those specific runs. And you’re correct, the Return is definitely a key storyline and a pretty good one at that.
    So I don't think any of Act I (Batman and Son thru RIP) is in Absolute. Then with Act II (B&R, RoBW, 700-702, The Return)...RoBW and (Time and the Batman) Batman #700-702 are not in any Absolute.

Now, if I'm correct about DC doing 3 Omnibuses...you could perhaps just skip the Batman Incorporated Omnibus as I predict it will be almost identical to the Absolute Incorporated.

Though I hope DC takes Batman: The Return...that they have so far lumped in with Act II in trades so far and realize it's more of an Act III (Incorporated) story and move it to that Vol 3 Omnibus.

(I'm not an Absolute fan, I think Inc is the only one I own, and I will still get a Vol 3 Inc Omnibus if DC goes that route. Give my Absolute way to my friend.)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-17-2018 at 02:29 PM.

So I don't think any of Act I (Batman and Son thru RIP) is in Absolute. Then with Act II (B&R, RoBW, 700-702, The Return)...RoBW and (Time and the Batman) Batman #700-702 are not in any Absolute.

Now, if I'm correct about DC doing 3 Omnibuses...you could perhaps just skip the Batman Incorporated Omnibus as I predict it will be almost identical to the Absolute Incorporated.

Though I hope DC takes Batman: The Return...that they have so far lumped in with Act II in trades so far and realize it's more of an Act III (Incorporated) story and move it to that Vol 3 Omnibus.

(I'm not an Absolute fan, I think Inc is the only one I own, and I will still get a Vol 3 Inc Omnibus if DC goes that route. Give my Absolute way to my friend.)
    This basically sums up how stupid DC was in releasing this material in the first place (and it doesn't even get into the haphazard deluxe editions...)

Where are these new Solicits!?

Amazing Member

Also, no idea on this, BUT I know Batman #700 (from the Time and the Batman trade) had some fill-in artists, and DC might possibly take this opportunity to rectify that with Quitely or whoever.
    The Wild West portion of the Return of Bruce Wayne was a full-on fill-in as well (Cameron Stewart backed out, if memory serves). It looks atrocious. A redraw would be fantastic but I'd never bet on DC doing the right thing.

Well technically Last Rites (Batman #682-683) is in Absolute Final Crisis...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Where are these new Solicits!?
    I think Monday (or Tuesday if they observe President's Day) for the May solicits from DC. Probably another month before the fall guide from Hachette