View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1040 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 405409409901030103610371038103910401041104210431044105010901140 ... LastLast
Results 15,586 to 15,600 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Actually i'm waiting year one gallery edition)
    Oh hell, yes. And Killing Joke while they're at it (that one was actually announced when they first introduced the GEs, although nothing has been mentioned since).

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Oh hell, yes. And Killing Joke while they're at it (that one was actually announced when they first introduced the GEs, although nothing has been mentioned since).
    not sure about killing joke, but they moved year one gallery to clean place for absolute edition. Guess same goes with KJ
    http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=30

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    not sure about killing joke, but they moved year one gallery to clean place for absolute edition. Guess same goes with KJ
    http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=30
    Oh man. Can't wait. Love Mazzucchelli's work.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ha ha, they'll never stop reprinting these. They're bestsellers. It would be like telling King's publishing company to quit putting out The Stand or Disney to stop Cinderella. Also, there's a clause in Moore's contract with DC that if Watchmen isn't published annually, then the rights revert back to him.

I need to read Amethyst. Everyone talks about it but it's a series I never looked into.

The Impulse omnibus is an immediate buy for me.
    And somehow Captain Tripps is still unknown to anyone I talk to...anyway

Thats crazy about Watchmen. I guess I misspoke about the reprinting. I meant the "special editions", such as unwrapped, black and white (or it called "Noir"?), and slipcase editions, ect. The HC deluxe I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    And somehow Captain Tripps is still unknown to anyone I talk to...anyway

Thats crazy about Watchmen. I guess I misspoke about the reprinting. I meant the "special editions", such as unwrapped, black and white (or it called "Noir"?), and slipcase editions, ect. The HC deluxe I can understand.
    Oh I know who the ole' Captain is....LOL...
    They have to do special editions to give all the people who bought the previous edition a reason to spend more money. Ha ha. It actually works, though. A lot of people upgrade. Hell, I'm going to upgrade my Killing Joke, since the new Absolute is $75 (thus half that on opening week). I would have upgraded Year One but I boycotted the $125 price tag. What DC is doing is strategic.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Oh I know who the ole' Captain is....LOL...
    They have to do special editions to give all the people who bought the previous edition a reason to spend more money. Ha ha. It actually works, though. A lot of people upgrade. Hell, I'm going to upgrade my Killing Joke, since the new Absolute is $75 (thus half that on opening week). I would have upgraded Year One but I boycotted the $125 price tag. What DC is doing is strategic.
    Its to business-y for me. Which. I understand...DC is a business. But I'm just a selfish nerd. I just want my optimal collected edition out in a way that suits ME!

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Interesting. I wonder if the same will be true for the JLI and Knightfall omnis. Hopefully DCBS/IST will let us know soon what their policy is.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...nibus-returns/

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if the same will be true for the JLI and Knightfall omnis. Hopefully DCBS/IST will let us know soon what their policy is.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...nibus-returns/
    As they say, get ready for a lot of copies on eBay minus the front hard cover.
    If I see one on offer for £20 with the dust jacket, I’ll buy it

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Knighquest Omni error might be the most frustrating since I believe it's the first collection of Batman The Search. But I'd now bet that correction will be also be forthcoming in the coming months.

But I'm happy overall with DC's response. I think the CE dept heads really don't know just how many releases were affected and finally got pissed and determined to make it right enough.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-20-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Having never read the material, is there a reason the NTT v2 omni stops in the middle of the Judas Contract?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Having never read the material, is there a reason the NTT v2 omni stops in the middle of the Judas Contract?
    "The Judas Contract" doesn't start until Tales of the Teen Titans #42, which will be open the third omnibus. It's just that DC usually collects this arc along with issues #39-41, but they're not really part of it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    "The Judas Contract" doesn't start until Tales of the Teen Titans #42, which will be open the third omnibus. It's just that DC usually collects this arc along with issues #39-41, but they're not really part of it.
    Ah, i see. Thanks for clarifying

Spectacular Member

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-may-2018-solicitations/

This is not a drill: something happened and I am just speechless : Absolut Transmet 3 (YES); Final Crisis Omnibus; Batman by Loeb/Sale Omnibus; Deathstroke by Daniel Omnibus.

I mean ... wow just wow, is this a huge hoax?

Also an Arkham Knight Omnibus (I do not know one single thing about the games so are the comics good?)

Fantastic Member

The May solicitations are here and among them are some HCs:

ABSOLUTE TRANSMETROPOLITAN VOL. 3 HC
    Written by WARREN ELLIS
    Art by DARICK ROBERTSON and RODNEY RAMOS
    Cover by GEOF DARROW
    In this final Absolute edition starring Spider Jerusalem, everyone’s favorite renegade journalist is starting to have blackouts and episodes of mental confusion that are not related to his usual diet of narcotics and whiskey. Then, the City has been designated a disaster zone—and disaster zones are always visited by presidents, which means a confrontation between Spider and his greatest foe that will lead to the series’ stunning conclusion!
    Collects TRANSMETROPOLITAN #40-60.
    On sale NOVEMBER 7 • 544 pg, FC, $125.00 US • MATURE READERS • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8545-6

BATMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO HC
    Written by TOM KING • Art by DAVID FINCH, DANNY MIKI, JASON FABOK, MITCH GERADS, MIKEL JANIN, CLAY MANN and others
    Cover by DAVID FINCH and DANNY MIKI
    Bane is back, and he’ll stop at nothing to get his revenge on the Dark Knight! This epic hardcover includes the events of “The Button,” in which Batman and the Flash unite to explore the mystery behind a certain bloodstained smiley-face button. And The Joker and the Riddler go to war in the streets of Gotham City while the romance between Batman and Catwoman heats up!
    Collects BATMAN #16-32 and BATMAN ANNUAL #1.
    On sale JUNE 6 • 448 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” • $34.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8035-2

BATMAN BY JEPH LOEB AND TIM SALE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Art and cover by TIM SALE
    The legendary team of writer Jeph Loeb and artist Tim Sale devised some of the most memorable Batman tales of all time—and now their stories starring the Dark Knight (not to mention Catwoman!) are all collected in a single omnibus.
    This amazing new title includes BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1, BATMAN: MADNESS #1, BATMAN: GHOSTS #1, BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN #1-13, BATMAN: DARK VICTORY #0-13 and CATWOMAN: WHEN IN ROME #1-6, plus stories from SUPERMAN/BATMAN SECRET FILES 2003, SUPERMAN/BATMAN #26 and SOLO #1.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 5 • 1,176 pg, FC, $125.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8426-8

BATMAN: THE ARKHAM SAGA OMNIBUS HC
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI, PAUL DINI and others • Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC, CARLOS D’ANDA, ALISSON BORGES and others • Video game cover
    Collecting the comics inspired by the Rocksteady Studios video game series in a single volume, this omnibus includes BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT #1-12, ARKHAM KNIGHT ANNUAL #1, ARKHAM KNIGHT: BATGIRL BEGINS #1, ARKHAM KNIGHT: THE ROAD TO ARKHAM #1, BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY #1-5, ARKHAM UNHINGED #1-20, BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT ROBIN SPECIAL #1, ARKHAM KNIGHT – GENESIS #1-6, BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT – BATGIRL AND HARLEY QUINN #1 and more!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 12 • 1,648 pg, FC, • $150.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8432-9

BATMAN: THE DARK PRINCE CHARMING BOOK TWO HC
    Written by ENRICO MARINI • Art and cover by ENRICO MARINI
    Concluding the story begun in the critically acclaimed and sold-out first volume by European superstar artist Enrico Marini (Scorpion, Eagles of Rome). Batman hunts down The Joker in a desperate attempt to rescue the young girl who may or may not be the daughter of Bruce Wayne. But The Joker’s prisoner may be more formidable in her own right than he anticipated. And what role might Catwoman have to play in the final showdown between two sworn enemies?
    On sale JUNE 20 • 72 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.1875”, 2 of 2, $12.99 US

DEATHSTROKE BY TONY S. DANIEL OMNIBUS HC
    Written by TONY S. DANIEL and JAMES BONNY
    Art by TONY S. DANIEL, SANDU FLOREA, TYLER KIRKHAM, PAULO PANTALENA and others
    Cover by TONY S. DANIEL and SANDU FLOREA
    Tony S. Daniel’s entire run of DEATHSTROKE is collected in one hardcover! Slade Wilson’s life is turned upside down after he learns that his involvement in a top-secret mission was wiped from his memory. Now a mysterious enemy known as Odysseus has targeted Deathstroke and everyone involved in the decade-old mission. But Slade’s journey leads him to Gotham City—and into conflict with both Batman and Harley Quinn!
    Includes DEATHSTROKE #1-20, DEATHSTROKE ANNUAL #1-2 and a story from DC SNEAK PEEK: DEATHSTROKE #1.
    On sale OCTOBER 24 • 560 pg, FC, $75.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8475-6

FINAL CRISIS: THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS HC
    Written by GRANT MORRISON, GEOFF JOHNS, GREG RUCKA and others
    Art by J.G. JONES, CARLOS PACHECO, DOUG MAHNKE, GEORGE PEREZ, SCOTT KOLINS, PHILIP TAN and others • Cover by J.G. JONES
    The event that asked, “What happens when evil wins?” is collected in an omnibus edition that features every tie-in miniseries and chapter, as Superman, Batman and the Justice League must face this reality when Darkseid and his followers win the war between light and dark!
    Includes BATMAN #676-683 and #701-702, BIRDS OF PREY #118, DC UNIVERSE #0, DC UNIVERSE: THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT #1, FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS #1-5, FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM #1, FINAL CRISIS: RESIST #1, FINAL CRISIS: REVELATIONS #1-5, FINAL CRISIS: ROGUES’ REVENGE #1-3, FINAL CRISIS SECRET FILES #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2, THE FLASH #240-241, TEEN TITANS #59-60 and TERROR TITANS #1-6.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 26 • 1,504 pg, FC • $150.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8503-6

GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW: HARD-TRAVELING HEROES DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by DENNIS O’NEIL and ELLIOTT S. MAGGIN
    Art by NEAL ADAMS, DICK GIORDANO and others
    Cover by NEAL ADAMS
    This stunning deluxe edition features the classic 1970s team-ups in which Green Lantern and Green Arrow confronted menaces including racism, poverty and drug abuse!
    Collects stories from GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW #76-87 and #89, plus stories from THE FLASH #217-219 and #226.
    On sale JUNE 6 • 368 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” • $49.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8042-0

HARLEY QUINN BY AMANDA CONNER AND JIMMY PALMIOTTI OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    Written by AMANDA CONNER, JIMMY PALMIOTTI and FRANK TIERI
    Art by AMANDA CONNER, CHAD HARDIN, JOHN TIMMS, MAURICET, BRET BLEVINS, ELEANORA CARLINI, JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER, NEAL ADAMS, SIMON BISLEY and others
    Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    The amazingly popular run on HARLEY QUINN by the talented team of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti is collected in a massive hardcover that includes HARLEY QUINN #17-30, HARLEY QUINN ROAD TRIP SPECIAL #1, HARLEY QUINN: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR SPECIAL EDITION #1, HARLEY QUINN AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS #1-6 and HARLEY QUINN’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK #1-6.
    On sale OCTOBER 3 • 864 pg, FC, $99.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8456-5

WONDER WOMAN/CONAN HC
    Written by GAIL SIMONE
    Art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN
    Cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    What makes one a legend? How do legends carve their names into history, when countless others are forgotten? Wonder Woman and Conan the Barbarian are destined by the fates to be legendary, but when their stories collide, will both emerge victorious, or will the fickle gods cut their lives short?
    Collects the entire six-issue miniseries. Co-published with Dark Horse Comics.
    On sale JUNE 13 • 160 pg, FC, $24.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8021-5

Very excited to see 3rd volume of Transmet and surprised to see a Final Crisis omnibus interested to see how Batman issues 701 & 702.