View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1041 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 415419419911031103710381039104010411042104310441045105110911141 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,615 of 21672
    Fantastic Member

And also some big TPBs:

BATMAN: A LOT OF LI’L GOTHAM TP
    Written by DEREK FRIDOLFS and DUSTIN NGUYEN
    Art and cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    This Eisner Award-nominated all-ages series follows some of DC’s most famous (and infamous) heroes and villains through the holidays. This new trade paperback collects BATMAN: LI’L GOTHAM #1-12, featuring some of the most adorable versions of Gotham City’s colorful cast of heroes and villains you’ve ever seen!
    On sale AUGUST 29 • 264 pg, FC, $24.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7394-1

ELSEWORLDS: BATMAN VOL. 3 TP
    Written by DOUG MOENCH, MAX ALLAN COLLINS, MIKE GRELL and BOB LAYTON
    Art by JIM APARO, BRET BLEVINS, NORM BREYFOGLE, TOM GRUMMETT, MIKE MANLEY, GEORGE PÉREZ, JIM BALENT, EDUARDO BARRETO, MIKE GRELL, BOB LAYTON, DICK GIORDANO and others
    Cover by EDUARDO BARRETO
    More Elseworlds tales of the Dark Knight are collected in this new title, including BATMAN: BROTHERHOOD OF THE BAT #1, BATMAN: KNIGHT GALLERY #1, BATMAN: SCAR OF THE BAT #1, BATMAN: MASQUE #1 and BATMAN: DARK KNIGHT OF THE ROUND TABLE #1-2. In these stories, Ra’s al Ghul creates a league of Batman-like assassins in the far future; Batman takes on Al Capone in the 1920s; the Batman and Harvey Dent fight over the love of a ballerina in an operatic tale; and the Dark Knight seeks vengeance in Camelot.
    On sale JUNE 13 • 328 pg, FC, $34.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-6596-0

THE LEGION BY DAN ABNETT AND ANDY LANNING VOL. 2 TP
    Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING • Art by OLIVIER COIPEL, ANDY LANNING and PASCAL ALIXE • Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL and ANDY LANNING
    Following the destruction of a Legion Outpost, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5.1, Chameleon, Umbra, Kid Quantum, Live Wire, Apparition and Monstress are lost on the far side of the universe. As they journey home, the team encounters a superhero known as Singularity and a creature called the Omniphagos—a world-destroying monster imprisoned in a “hard light” pyramid.
    Collects LEGION LOST #1-12.
    On sale JUNE 6 • 296 pg, FC, $29.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8040-6

SUPERMAN: ZERO HOUR TP
    Written by DAVID MICHELINIE, KARL KESEL, DAN JURGENS and LOUISE SIMONSON
    Art by JACKSON GUICE, BARRY KITSON, PETE KRAUSE, DAN JURGENS, CHRIS BATISTA, JON BOGDANOVE, TOM GRUMMETT and others
    Cover by DAN JURGENS and BRETT BREEDING
    Time is collapsing in on itself. The villainous Extant has ushered in a series of black holes that are swallowing the universe—past, present and future! The result? Krypton never exploded. The Kents never found a baby in a field. Superman isn’t the protector of Metropolis. How can the Man of Steel put back time as it should be?
    Collects ACTION COMICS #0 and #703, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #0 and #516, SUPERMAN #0 and #93, STEEL #0 and #8, SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL #0 and #37 and SUPERBOY #0 and #8.
    On sale JUNE 20 • 320 pg, FC • $29.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8053-6

SWEET TOOTH BOOK TWO TP
    Written by JEFF LEMIRE
    Art by JEFF LEMIRE, MATT KINDT, NATE POWELL and EMI LENOX
    Cover by JEFF LEMIRE
    In these tales from SWEET TOOTH #13-25, Gus learns that the path to freedom can be deadlier than captivity. Plus, Gus reluctantly joins Jepperd to hunt for the missing girls as the tension between the two continues to grow.
    On sale JUNE 13 • 304 pg, FC • $24.99 US• MATURE READERS • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8046-8

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Happy to see a Deluxe Edition for Green Lantern/Green Arrow...I think the Absolutes are way too big.

Mighty Member

What's up with these ginormous omnis? 1500+ & 1600+. Jesus. I was interested in that arkham knight

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Happy to see a Deluxe Edition for Green Lantern/Green Arrow...I think the Absolutes are way too big.
    I was very happy to see this get a deluxe I enjoyed it, but to high of a price tag in absolute form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    The May solicitations are here and among them are some HCs:

ABSOLUTE TRANSMETROPOLITAN VOL. 3 HC
    Written by WARREN ELLIS
    Art by DARICK ROBERTSON and RODNEY RAMOS
    Cover by GEOF DARROW
    In this final Absolute edition starring Spider Jerusalem, everyone’s favorite renegade journalist is starting to have blackouts and episodes of mental confusion that are not related to his usual diet of narcotics and whiskey. Then, the City has been designated a disaster zone—and disaster zones are always visited by presidents, which means a confrontation between Spider and his greatest foe that will lead to the series’ stunning conclusion!
    Collects TRANSMETROPOLITAN #40-60.
    On sale NOVEMBER 7 • 544 pg, FC, $125.00 US • MATURE READERS • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8545-6

BATMAN BY JEPH LOEB AND TIM SALE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Art and cover by TIM SALE
    The legendary team of writer Jeph Loeb and artist Tim Sale devised some of the most memorable Batman tales of all time—and now their stories starring the Dark Knight (not to mention Catwoman!) are all collected in a single omnibus.
    This amazing new title includes BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1, BATMAN: MADNESS #1, BATMAN: GHOSTS #1, BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN #1-13, BATMAN: DARK VICTORY #0-13 and CATWOMAN: WHEN IN ROME #1-6, plus stories from SUPERMAN/BATMAN SECRET FILES 2003, SUPERMAN/BATMAN #26 and SOLO #1.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 5 • 1,176 pg, FC, $125.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8426-8

BATMAN: THE ARKHAM SAGA OMNIBUS HC
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI, PAUL DINI and others • Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC, CARLOS D’ANDA, ALISSON BORGES and others • Video game cover
    Collecting the comics inspired by the Rocksteady Studios video game series in a single volume, this omnibus includes BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT #1-12, ARKHAM KNIGHT ANNUAL #1, ARKHAM KNIGHT: BATGIRL BEGINS #1, ARKHAM KNIGHT: THE ROAD TO ARKHAM #1, BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY #1-5, ARKHAM UNHINGED #1-20, BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT ROBIN SPECIAL #1, ARKHAM KNIGHT – GENESIS #1-6, BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT – BATGIRL AND HARLEY QUINN #1 and more!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 12 • 1,648 pg, FC, • $150.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8432-9

FINAL CRISIS: THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS HC
    Written by GRANT MORRISON, GEOFF JOHNS, GREG RUCKA and others
    Art by J.G. JONES, CARLOS PACHECO, DOUG MAHNKE, GEORGE PEREZ, SCOTT KOLINS, PHILIP TAN and others • Cover by J.G. JONES
    The event that asked, “What happens when evil wins?” is collected in an omnibus edition that features every tie-in miniseries and chapter, as Superman, Batman and the Justice League must face this reality when Darkseid and his followers win the war between light and dark!
    Includes BATMAN #676-683 and #701-702, BIRDS OF PREY #118, DC UNIVERSE #0, DC UNIVERSE: THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT #1, FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS #1-5, FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM #1, FINAL CRISIS: RESIST #1, FINAL CRISIS: REVELATIONS #1-5, FINAL CRISIS: ROGUES’ REVENGE #1-3, FINAL CRISIS SECRET FILES #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2, THE FLASH #240-241, TEEN TITANS #59-60 and TERROR TITANS #1-6.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 26 • 1,504 pg, FC • $150.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8503-6

WONDER WOMAN/CONAN HC
    Written by GAIL SIMONE
    Art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN
    Cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    What makes one a legend? How do legends carve their names into history, when countless others are forgotten? Wonder Woman and Conan the Barbarian are destined by the fates to be legendary, but when their stories collide, will both emerge victorious, or will the fickle gods cut their lives short?
    Collects the entire six-issue miniseries. Co-published with Dark Horse Comics.
    On sale JUNE 13 • 160 pg, FC, $24.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8021-5

These are my definite buys except for Wonder Woman/Conan (I'm intrigued at this point but not a definite).

I'm going to blind buy the Arkham omnibus unless you all tell me it's no good. Ha ha. It's Tomasi and I love his Batman.

While I love Absolute editions, I'll have to sell my Final Crisis, since the omnibus will be more complete.

I'm surprised the Loeb/Sale book wasn't done sooner (well, not really - it is DC) and I think I put this on one of those Top 10 or 20 lists we do each year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    These are my definite buys except for Wonder Woman/Conan (I'm intrigued at this point but not a definite).

I'm going to blind buy the Arkham omnibus unless you all tell me it's no good. Ha ha. It's Tomasi and I love his Batman.

While I love Absolute editions, I'll have to sell my Final Crisis, since the omnibus will be more complete.

I'm surprised the Loeb/Sale book wasn't done sooner (well, not really - it is DC) and I think I put this on one of those Top 10 or 20 lists we do each year.
    Very interested in the Loeb Batman Omnibus, but the 1200 page count is making me think it may be a tad unwieldy to read...

Very interested in the Loeb Batman Omnibus, but the 1200 page count is making me think it may be a tad unwieldy to read...
    I'm assuming this includes Haunted Knight as well, even though it's not listed?

I've been anticipating this one for a while. Stoked.

I'll probably pass on the Final Crisis omnibus - I didn't find the event needing an omnibus as most of the titles were fairly separate.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

I'll probably pass on the Final Crisis omnibus - I didn't find the event needing an omnibus as most of the titles were fairly separate.
    Happy to get Long Halloween and Dark Victory together in an Omnibus. And the page count shouldn’t be a problem...I checked my JLI Omnibus and it has over 1100 pages, but that is pushing it...

Happy to get Long Halloween and Dark Victory together in an Omnibus. And the page count shouldn’t be a problem...I checked my JLI Omnibus and it has over 1100 pages, but that is pushing it...
    I'm not worried about page count. I have all the big books - doesn't bother me. I just want all the correct material collected in its proper place

Actually you make a good point. I’m passing on the FC omnibus and keeping my Absolute. Plus the first Morrison Omni will have those Batman issues.

Actually you make a good point. I’m passing on the FC omnibus and keeping my Absolute. Plus the first Morrison Omni will have those Batman issues.
    That's my thought. The main story is mostly collected in the Absolute, the other tie ins are more auxiliary titles, unlike the Infinite Crisis where everything was pretty cohesive

I very, very rarely double dip or upgrade any books, but I can't not buy the Loeb/Sale omni. Easily my favorite Batman story.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The May solicitations are here and among them are some HCs:

BATMAN BY JEPH LOEB AND TIM SALE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Art and cover by TIM SALE
    The legendary team of writer Jeph Loeb and artist Tim Sale devised some of the most memorable Batman tales of all time—and now their stories starring the Dark Knight (not to mention Catwoman!) are all collected in a single omnibus.
    This amazing new title includes BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1, BATMAN: MADNESS #1, BATMAN: GHOSTS #1, BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN #1-13, BATMAN: DARK VICTORY #0-13 and CATWOMAN: WHEN IN ROME #1-6, plus stories from SUPERMAN/BATMAN SECRET FILES 2003, SUPERMAN/BATMAN #26 and SOLO #1.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 5 • 1,176 pg, FC, $125.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8426-8
    I have the two Absolutes, Long Halloween and Dark Victory. The rest would be nice but not for the double dip. This is a pass for me.

BATMAN: THE ARKHAM SAGA OMNIBUS HC
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI, PAUL DINI and others • Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC, CARLOS D’ANDA, ALISSON BORGES and others • Video game cover
    Collecting the comics inspired by the Rocksteady Studios video game series in a single volume, this omnibus includes BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT #1-12, ARKHAM KNIGHT ANNUAL #1, ARKHAM KNIGHT: BATGIRL BEGINS #1, ARKHAM KNIGHT: THE ROAD TO ARKHAM #1, BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY #1-5, ARKHAM UNHINGED #1-20, BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT ROBIN SPECIAL #1, ARKHAM KNIGHT – GENESIS #1-6, BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT – BATGIRL AND HARLEY QUINN #1 and more!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 12 • 1,648 pg, FC, • $150.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8432-9
    Possible purchase. I don't 'game' but know a few who do and they speak highly of the game. What is the quality on this material? Can it be read with no knowledge of the world building specific to the game?
    Is just 25yrs of Batman knowledge enough?

DEATHSTROKE BY TONY S. DANIEL OMNIBUS HC
    Written by TONY S. DANIEL and JAMES BONNY
    Art by TONY S. DANIEL, SANDU FLOREA, TYLER KIRKHAM, PAULO PANTALENA and others
    Cover by TONY S. DANIEL and SANDU FLOREA
    Tony S. Daniel’s entire run of DEATHSTROKE is collected in one hardcover! Slade Wilson’s life is turned upside down after he learns that his involvement in a top-secret mission was wiped from his memory. Now a mysterious enemy known as Odysseus has targeted Deathstroke and everyone involved in the decade-old mission. But Slade’s journey leads him to Gotham City—and into conflict with both Batman and Harley Quinn!
    Includes DEATHSTROKE #1-20, DEATHSTROKE ANNUAL #1-2 and a story from DC SNEAK PEEK: DEATHSTROKE #1.
    On sale OCTOBER 24 • 560 pg, FC, $75.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8475-6
    On the fence. That price point makes it much more likely I try it(thanks IST). Opinions on the contents? I like that it sounds very self contained.

FINAL CRISIS: THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS HC
    Written by GRANT MORRISON, GEOFF JOHNS, GREG RUCKA and others
    Art by J.G. JONES, CARLOS PACHECO, DOUG MAHNKE, GEORGE PEREZ, SCOTT KOLINS, PHILIP TAN and others • Cover by J.G. JONES
    The event that asked, “What happens when evil wins?” is collected in an omnibus edition that features every tie-in miniseries and chapter, as Superman, Batman and the Justice League must face this reality when Darkseid and his followers win the war between light and dark!
    Includes BATMAN #676-683 and #701-702, BIRDS OF PREY #118, DC UNIVERSE #0, DC UNIVERSE: THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT #1, FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS #1-5, FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM #1, FINAL CRISIS: RESIST #1, FINAL CRISIS: REVELATIONS #1-5, FINAL CRISIS: ROGUES’ REVENGE #1-3, FINAL CRISIS SECRET FILES #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2, THE FLASH #240-241, TEEN TITANS #59-60 and TERROR TITANS #1-6.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 26 • 1,504 pg, FC • $150.00 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8503-6
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!

WONDER WOMAN/CONAN HC
    Written by GAIL SIMONE
    Art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN
    Cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    What makes one a legend? How do legends carve their names into history, when countless others are forgotten? Wonder Woman and Conan the Barbarian are destined by the fates to be legendary, but when their stories collide, will both emerge victorious, or will the fickle gods cut their lives short?
    Collects the entire six-issue miniseries. Co-published with Dark Horse Comics.
    On sale JUNE 13 • 160 pg, FC, $24.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8021-5
    I've flipped through this on the shelf, waiting for the collected edition. Wish it were oversized in Deluxe but getting it in standard all the same. Art looked great!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yes, Haunted Knight is the Halloween Special/Madness/Ghosts stories.

Spectacular Member

About that Arkham Omnibus: can some people weigh in here? I mean I am pretty sceptical about comics based on a game but I have never read an issue so yeah some help is needed.

Also: opinions on Daniel's Deatstroke? I loved his X-Force run (artist) and his work on Batman was also enjoyable for the most part. I was on the fence jumping on his Deathstroke ongoing when it came out first so the Omnibus might be a good choice.