View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1044 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 445449449941034104010411042104310441045104610471048105410941144 ... LastLast
Results 15,646 to 15,660 of 21672
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Dan and Jim's Facebook page.
    Dan Didio and Jim _____ ?

Sorry, I probably should know who exactly is being meant here.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Dan and Jim's Facebook page.
    Dan Didio and Jim _____ ?

Sorry, I probably should know who exactly is being meant here.
    I would assume Jim Lee.

I'd love to see Golden Age Aquaman. I hope that book is still on the publication schedule.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Where on Facebook can I push for GA Aquaman? DC's page?

I do want GA Aquaman. GA Capt Marvel. GA Hawkman. So many more.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Jim Lee....DOH, of course. Thanks. I did go to Dan Didio's Facebook page but didn't see where anyone had posted about wanting a Golden Age Aquaman Omni.
    I feared "spamming" his page so didn't post myself.
    Is this the best way to show our support for a book? Seems like if it was their pages would just be cluttered with people making wishful thinking posts about a variety of characters.

I sent my support for those GA/SA/BA Omni's in a message to their FB pages this morning.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Fear not (for Batman anyway).

From the Marvel Masterworks Fan Site forum:
    GA Batman 5 has been relisted on Amazon UK now although if you pre-ordered you will need to order it again

I'm excited for The Flash: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol 3 in July, I must have missed the solicit when it hit.

You get "Flash—Fact or Fiction?” (Flash #179) which introduces Earth-Prime
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-22-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm excited for The Flash: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol 3 in July, I must have missed the solicit when it hit.

You get "Flash—Fact or Fiction?” (Flash vol 1 #179) introduces Earth-Prime
    Same here!
    My mild OCD is eager for them to re-solicit Flash: SA Omni vol.1 with a correct dust jacket that aligns with the rest of them. Also, JLA: SA Omni vol.1 but I digress.

Same here!
    My mild OCD is eager for them to re-solicit Flash: SA Omni vol.1 with a correct dust jacket that aligns with the rest of them. Also, JLA: SA Omni vol.1 but I digress.
    My little irk like with Vol 3 is not including Superman #199 “The First Superman/Flash Race!”

They needn't include all or much of any such non-Flash-title Flash appearances, but Superman #199 is too special and important to omit from SA Flash Omnibuses.

I just wish they'd look beyond the title of the comics a little more with these Omnibuses as far as key character appearances.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-22-2018 at 12:55 PM.

I just realized this now: I'd bet the Final Crisis Omnibus will mean Final Crisis won't be included in any of the probably 3 Morrison Batman Omnibuses.

Thus, in a way, since I think FC is very key to Morrison's Batman run (since Darkseid is really the main villain of the Batman run), the Final Crisis Omnibus will be an unofficial Vol 2 for Morrison Batman. The FC Omni is even (deliberately?) being released between Morrison Batman Vol 1 and a future Vol 2.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-23-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I just realized this now: I'd bet the Final Crisis Omnibus will mean Final Crisis won't be included in any of the probably 3 Morrison Batman Omnibuses.

Thus, in a way, since I think FC is very key to Morrison's Batman run (since Darkseid is really the main villain of the Batman run), the Final Crisis Omnibus will be an unofficial Vol 2 for Morrison Batman. The FC Omni is even (deliberately?) being released between Morrison Batman Vol 1 and a future Vol 2.
    Is Final Crisis really essential to Morrison's run? The FC omnibus even have a ton of batman issues right? How many issues of Morrison Batman left after the ones in the FC omni?

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Is Final Crisis really essential to Morrison's run? The FC omnibus even have a ton of batman issues right? How many issues of Morrison Batman left after the ones in the FC omni?
    Final Crisis occurs about 1/3 of the way through the run, there's quite a bit after that including all of Batman & Robin (16 issues), Return of Bruce Wayne (6 issues), and both volumes of Batman Inc. I think Final Crisis is essential to the story though you get a bit of recap in Batman 701-702, and always include it in any read-through, but I understand why someone with little knowledge of the DCU beyond Batman might have difficulty with it or feel they can skip it.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 02-23-2018 at 11:26 PM. Reason: I can't count

Same here!
    If you're willing to buy entirely new books just to get dust jackets, feel free to print the dust jackets out yourself and save a bit of cash. I made two for Flash (one with the same Cooke image as Volume 2, one with Michael Cho's image from the TPBs):

Print-ready PDFs available here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...DFsTEVwVnd5MWc
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...jVmV3JzVnJDNzg
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...F84bmhub2dQam8

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Final Crisis occurs about 1/3 of the way through the run, there's quite a bit after that including all of Batman & Robin (16 issues), Return of Bruce Wayne (6 issues), and both volumes of Batman Inc. I think Final Crisis is essential to the story though you get a bit of recap in Batman 701-702, and always include it in any read-through, but I understand why someone with little knowledge of the DCU beyond Batman might have difficulty with it or feel they can skip it.
    Yeah if they double dip the batman issues in Morrison vol 2 I might skip the FC omni and just find a collection of the main event itself. I'm not invested enough in the larger DCU to try to read all the tie-ins.