View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1050 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 5055095010001040104610471048104910501051105210531054106011001150 ... LastLast
Results 15,736 to 15,750 of 21672
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    If I want to read Fables in OHC editions, what do I need that's been published so far? I know there's:

15 volumes of Fables
    2 volumes of Jack of Fables

Is 1001 Nights of Snowfall oversized?

Is there anything else?

Also, what would be left to collect? It looks like Jack of Fables would need a third volume to complete that and I know there was a Bigby series but I don't think it's in a deluxe HC edition.

Thanks in advance.
    1001 nights is included in v4 deluxe. Werewolves of the heartland is in v10. I hope they complete JoF in 3. There's also the Peter & Max novel and the Cinderella and Fairest runs (only in trades so far)
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-01-2018 at 03:32 PM.

If I want to read Fables in OHC editions, what do I need that's been published so far? I know there's:

15 volumes of Fables

Is there anything else?

Also, what would be left to collect? It looks like Jack of Fables would need a third volume to complete that and I know there was a Bigby series but I don't think it's in a deluxe HC edition.

Thanks in advance.
    They are not from Willingham but they do have the Cinderella mini-series. He did however do the first arc of Fairest, but I do not think any of those are collected in hardcover form.

This probably seemed like a no-brainer to most here, but I had IST confirm today that they will be selling the Action 1000 HC when it releases, in case anyone was wondering about it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

15 volumes of Fables

Is there anything else?

Thanks in advance.
    I envy you if you haven’t read this yet, great series, didn’t hear a great of good things about jack of fables though

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I envy you if you haven’t read this yet, great series, didn’t hear a great of good things about jack of fables though
    I loved Fables, but hated Jack of Fables. And when Jack crossed over with Fables, it made for the worst Fables arc by far, in my opinion. Jack is completely skippable.

The wiki page is pretty detailed as far as what is collected where: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabl...ected_editions

The 1001 Nights of Snowfall (and the other Willingham-penned graphic novels) are included in the Fables deluxes according to that wiki.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Glad to see the positive impressions, Fables Deluxe Vol. 1 went on sale yesterday, so I picked it up to see what the series is like.
    Deluxe or trade? The deluxe vols have all been released

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    1001 nights is included in v4 deluxe. Werewolves of the heartland is in v10. I hope they complete JoF in 3. There's also the Peter & Max novel and the Cinderella and Fairest runs (only in trades so far)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    They are not from Willingham but they do have the Cinderella mini-series. He did however do the first arc of Fairest, but I do not think any of those are collected in hardcover form.
    Thanks for this info. So it appears that everything right now is 15 Fables and two Jack Fables.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I loved Fables, but hated Jack of Fables. And when Jack crossed over with Fables, it made for the worst Fables arc by far, in my opinion. Jack is completely skippable.

The wiki page is pretty detailed as far as what is collected where: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabl...ected_editions

The 1001 Nights of Snowfall (and the other Willingham-penned graphic novels) are included in the Fables deluxes according to that wiki.
    Thanks for the info. I read part of this series early on in tpb - maybe up to issue 50 or so, which was as far as they'd gone at the time. I read some of the Jack spin-off stuff and don't remember it being all that great but was willing to give it another shot. It sounds like I shouldn't bother, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    100% agree. It was a CHORE to get through that crossover. Everything else was amazing though! One of my favortie series.

You guys are killing me with temptation with all of this Fables talk. I've never read a single issue. I've talked myself out of buying volume 1 many times. I'm actually afraid I'll like it and then have to buy 14 more volumes. I'm likely to cave in at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    You guys are killing me with temptation with all of this Fables talk. I've never read a single issue. I've talked myself out of buying volume 1 many times. I'm actually afraid I'll like it and then have to buy 14 more volumes. I'm likely to cave in at some point.
    I'll chime in with the others...I'm a guy who simply avoids non-superhero comics, and even then I mostly stick to Superman/Batman/Justice League stuff...Fables is goddamn great. I have NO clue why this isn't a live action series on Netflix/HBO/etc.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

If you are interested in it you should pick it up was a great long run series. I agree on the Jack crossover having some issues, but overall great series well worth picking up.

I have the first two volumes of Fables, and oh it was so good - the concept alone is brilliant. However, I haven't bought the rest because there is so much stuff that I want to read, and I'd rather read them in one at a later date when I can do so.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I still hoping we get a Fables omnibus could have several volumes, but the book is great from start to end. The Jack stuff as others have said not the best, but overall the series is really good and a massive final issue was trade paperback.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:35 PM.