View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1052 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 5255295210021042104810491050105110521053105410551056106211021152 ... LastLast
Results 15,766 to 15,780 of 21670
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I don't remember this being mentioned:

https://www.amazon.com/Hood-Outlaws-...n%3A7421485011

Red Hood & the Outlaws by Scott Lobdell Omnibus Vol. 1

Scott Lobdell's bestselling RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS stories from the New 52 relaunch is collected here in its entirety for the first time ever in RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS: THE NEW 52 OMNIBUS!

No sooner has Batman's former sidekick, Jason Todd, put his past as the Red Hood behind him than he finds himself cornered by a pair of modern day outlaws: Green Arrow's rejected sidekick Arsenal, the damaged soldier of fortune, and the alien Starfire, a former prisoner of intergalactic war who won't be chained again. As a loner, Jason has absolutely no interest in this motley crew of outlaws. So what's he going to do when they choose the Red Hood as their leader?

With dynamic pencils from Kenneth Rocafort (SIDEWAYS), RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS quickly become one of the breakout hits of 2011's New 52 relaunch. Collected here in this oversize omnibus edition are every story from Lobdell's first run with the title, as well as tie-in issues from the TEEN TITANS and BATMAN series! Collects RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #0-27 and ANNUAL #1, TEEN TITANS #16 and BATMAN #17.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Sweet! Thanks for posting this info Raffi
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Does the N52 RhatO really merit an Omni?? It was vastly sub par, if not downright terrible for the most part. Just puts me in a tizzy. Animal Man from the N52 is my absolute favorite run of the N52 and it didn't even get a HC release.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Does the N52 RhatO really merit an Omni?? It was vastly sub par, if not downright terrible for the most part. Just puts me in a tizzy. Animal Man from the N52 is my absolute favorite run of the N52 and it didn't even get a HC release.
    Yes. There are more fans of Red Hood then you think
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I think a single trade has been released so far so a HC is probably a ways off yet, but has anyone read and have any opinions on the new Wildstorm series that Ellis has got going, long term thing or will it fade away and is it any good?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I think a single trade has been released so far so a HC is probably a ways off yet, but has anyone read and have any opinions on the new Wildstorm series that Ellis has got going, long term thing or will it fade away and is it any good?
    When it comes to Ellis work, I seem to be pretty biased. But for the lack of bigger collections I did not read much of his work on the Wildstorm universe besides the Absolute Authority and the Planetary Omnibus.

You are right, as of now the first trade has been released and I think it was a good starting point for an ongoing series. I am mostly familiar with the characters from the 90s and to me it felt that many of them got a good overhaul when it comes to their back stories and motivations in the 21st century. You still have these shadowy companies/power players as the puppet masters, you have the mercenary groups and the lone soldier aspects. I think people who know the 90s/00s books better will find massive head tips to his own work and probably a bunch of references that you might enjoy.

The art was good, interesting concepts of the uniforms and some pretty bloody panels.

So you got this one the one hand but on the other hand I would not say that it really has the potential to be one of the bigger long term series. The simple reason to me is: I think it was autumn when the first trade was published and we will get the second trade end of May. I get it that it is a monthly series but for THE flagship title (that was supposed to get numerous spin offs, Michael Cray is the first one that I know of that will get a trade in Summer) it is just too long (especially for a trade waiter) to get a better sense of the new Wildstorm universe. Maybe with the spin offs? But I cannot comment on those.

How was the first Wildstorm series that is available in two chunky trades I think? Worth picking up if you are a 90s comics fan?
    Last edited by poolovision; 03-06-2018 at 03:08 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    The new wild storm series is very very good, but be aware this is a two year project by Ellis and it very much reads as such, loads of world building, lots of conspiracy threading and setup.

Don't bother with the Michael Cray spinoff though it's terrible. Two issues arcs that follow a rote formula, have a DC hero with an evil twist explained to Cray by exposition, meet evil DC hero, fight, win by Deus ex get told of next evil DC hero. There's no deeper exploration of charecter or interesting ideas really explored and the art is dodgy to put it politely.

Question for those way more in the know than me. I've dipped my toes into DC here and there, mostly older/classic material, but want to get into the Rebirth era, since that seems to have pretty good praise across the board. I'm a Marvel guy for forever, not anti-DC, just biased towards Marvel, so me moving this direction is a big step, ha ha.

I'm thinking about getting into Batman Rebirth series via Deluxe OHCs. I see that volume 1 is issues 1-15, and deluxe v2 (coming out in JUN) has issues 16-32 + Annual 1.

I also see "the Button" OHC which has 2 issues of Bats and 2 issues of the Flash. Batman issues are included in his dlx vol 2, if solicits are correct.

1) First, why put only 4 issues in an OHC? Seems a little weird.
    2) If the vol 2 DLX only includes Batman issues, will you still get the gist of what's going on, without getting "the Button" OHC?

Final question. I see they are now soliciting (well, via Amazon fish) a Green Arrow DLX vol 1, which I'm excited about. What about the other series that haven't gotten any DLX books yet? Do you take this as a sign that they might push out more in DLX format (some of GL books, Aquaman, etc...)? Or maybe GA is an anomaly? I realize most of you don't have a magic 8-ball, but maybe 1-2 of you do, LOL.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Incredible Member

How is Red Hood getting oversize treatment before Aquaman or Green Lantern?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    How is Red Hood getting oversize treatment before Aquaman or Green Lantern?
    He has the Bat-connection in his favor.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    He has the Bat-connection in his favor.
    Yah but Aquaman and Green Lantern have Geoff Johns for the first bit. Eventhough I like Red Hood these were far and away better material than that material. Even Bunn's run was far better. Aquaman has a movie and they haven't announced a single omnibus of the N52 stuff

Hopefully The Button is included in a Doomsday Clock collection because it's annoying as hell they didn't drop 2 issues of Flash into the Batman deluxe editions.

Got an email from IST saying they got my fourth world cover they are saying shipping will begin around April 11th and sooner if possible. I have to say they have done a great job I have gotten an email for each step of the way. I hope DC learns from this and hires a new QA person, I know JLI and I believe Knightfall had issues also any word on replacing those?

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Yah but Aquaman and Green Lantern have Geoff Johns for the first bit. Eventhough I like Red Hood these were far and away better material than that material. Even Bunn's run was far better. Aquaman has a movie and they haven't announced a single omnibus of the N52 stuff
    Green Lantern was kind of collected in the GJ Omni though. 100% agree with Aquaman. We already got the Atlantis Chronicles, PAD collection, Time and Tide and a few other goodies. It wouldn't surprise me if an Absolute edition or something along those lines were collected soon. Odd about Rebirth though (not having a DLX) although I selfishly hope they don't...I just got V.2 in TPB. Cant ruin my uniformity!!