View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1053 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 5355395310031043104910501051105210531054105510561057106311031153 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,795 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Green Lantern was kind of collected in the GJ Omni though. 100% agree with Aquaman. We already got the Atlantis Chronicles, PAD collection, Time and Tide and a few other goodies. It wouldn't surprise me if an Absolute edition or something along those lines were collected soon. Odd about Rebirth though (not having a DLX) although I selfishly hope they don't...I just got V.2 in TPB. Cant ruin my uniformity!!
    I still got my John's Aquaman omnibus pre-ordered on amazon I am shocked it has not been cancelled by them. I did not even think of an absolute version, but I would be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I still got my John's Aquaman omnibus pre-ordered on amazon I am shocked it has not been cancelled by them. I did not even think of an absolute version, but I would be happy with that.
    I forgot all about that. Aquaman gets forgotten so easily, I'm still salty over the Seven Seas arc we never got in the N52. They continued to promise it to us, as recent as last year. But nope.

I forgot all about that. Aquaman gets forgotten so easily, I'm still salty over the Seven Seas arc we never got in the N52. They continued to promise it to us, as recent as last year. But nope.
    I hear you on that one I want that story really hope after Doomsday clock is done they let him do it as a mini-series, however they may not want him stepping on Abnett's run. I have no idea why it has not been cancelled been sitting in my pre-order list since last year, but it is 37 dollars for the omnibus so if they ever do it will at least be a good deal, but I fully expect it to be cancelled.

I hear you on that one I want that story really hope after Doomsday clock is done they let him do it as a mini-series, however they may not want him stepping on Abnett's run. I have no idea why it has not been cancelled been sitting in my pre-order list since last year, but it is 37 dollars for the omnibus so if they ever do it will at least be a good deal, but I fully expect it to be cancelled.
    What a steal! Well I'm in the same boat as you. Although I hear Doomsday will be another year to be completed

What a steal! Well I'm in the same boat as you. Although I hear Doomsday will be another year to be completed
    Yeah I saw it got pumped to bi monthly and very disappointing it is going to take as long as it is and tie up Johns from doing other things. Love the art, but I assume that is the cause for delay. Both companies event books schedules just keep getting worse and worse.

Incredible Member

For anyone wondering if the new Batman by Neal Adams vol 1 will collect the original or redone artwork: according to John Monagle at the Marvel Masterworks board - I glanced at it in my LCS today. It looked like the World's Finest issues were the re-worked Adams versions, but it looked like the Brave and the Bold issues were the original art, which would make sense as those were just used in the Brave and Bold Omni.

They really need to put out his original art in these collections do not mind the redone stuff but would prefer the original art work even if it does not look as sharp.

Yeah I saw it got pumped to bi monthly and very disappointing it is going to take as long as it is and tie up Johns from doing other things. Love the art, but I assume that is the cause for delay. Both companies event books schedules just keep getting worse and worse.
    Marvel is just not doing it for me. Right now, Infinity Countdown has my interest. But I feel like that'll end once the film is out and over. A cash grab at the box office.

DC is a bit better, but Metal overstayed its welcome, and Doomsday Clock is shaping up to be the same way. They excite us for events and expect us to keep that same excitement for over a year. Its okay though. They're doing amazing work with reprints on amazing runs to keep me busy. Waid's Flash, Johns JSA, PADs Supergirl and now Aquaman, and all those Rebirth titles I can catch up on. And Marvels Annihilation (my white whale) I finally being reprinted! So I have plenty to hold me over. Just shame the current state of comics disinterests me. Cant please them all I suppose!

All-New Member

Is anyone planning on picking up the Absolute Wildcats? I vaguely remember these comics from when I was a kid and I love Jim Lee's artwork, but does this book tell a complete story? What are my fellow collector's opinions? Any input would be appreciated.

Marvel is just not doing it for me. Right now, Infinity Countdown has my interest. But I feel like that'll end once the film is out and over. A cash grab at the box office.

DC is a bit better, but Metal overstayed its welcome, and Doomsday Clock is shaping up to be the same way. They excite us for events and expect us to keep that same excitement for over a year. Its okay though. They're doing amazing work with reprints on amazing runs to keep me busy. Waid's Flash, Johns JSA, PADs Supergirl and now Aquaman, and all those Rebirth titles I can catch up on. And Marvels Annihilation (my white whale) I finally being reprinted! So I have plenty to hold me over. Just shame the current state of comics disinterests me. Cant please them all I suppose!
    I keep forgetting Metal is even still going it has been such a slow release. I have enjoyed it, but the release schedule is horrid both sides need to rotate artist or not release event books until they are closed to finished.

I keep forgetting Metal is even still going it has been such a slow release. I have enjoyed it, but the release schedule is horrid both sides need to rotate artist or not release event books until they are closed to finished.
    Exactly. I almost feel like its a good reason to continue to sell 2nd, 3rd, ect printings. Since I'm venting, I just want to say I'm underwhelmed with Metal. More Batman centric events....hurray. Cant wait for that Batman who Laughs on going series... (Sarcasm).

I do wonder if they'll release an omni for this. I only mention it, because of its heightened popularity, and the release of the Darkseid War omni.

Who cares when floppies are released? What does losing steam even mean? I have a beautiful Multiversity hardcover on my shelf. I couldn't tell you when the floppies came out. It's one cohesive book. The same will be the case with Metal and with Doomsday Clock.

Quote Originally Posted by epyon3245234 View Post
    Is anyone planning on picking up the Absolute Wildcats? I vaguely remember these comics from when I was a kid and I love Jim Lee's artwork, but does this book tell a complete story? What are my fellow collector's opinions? Any input would be appreciated.
    WILDC.A.T.S #1-13 and CYBERFORCE #1-3 is the original run drawn/plotted by Lee w/ Silvestri crossover so that constitutes a complete story. However, bear in mind that a) Lee was mostly making it up as he went along so it's more accurate to say that it's an unbroken run rather than an overarching story with a beginning, middle & end; and b) Lee's art is extremely pin-up oriented at this time - I'd only buy this if you want to see loads of Jim Lee splash pages in Absolute format. Storywise, the good stuff begins with James Robinson's run in WILDC.A.T.S #15.

The remaining few issues in this collection are random Wildcats issues drawn by Lee in subsequent years so some won't make much sense by themselves.

Spectacular Member

I have it pre-ordered at $37 also, but I don't see it ever being delivered. If DC suddenly decides to re-solicit that omni, I bet it will have a different ISBN and as such will receive a new Amazon listing - meaning us with the "old" pre-order will be SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    WILDC.A.T.S #1-13 and CYBERFORCE #1-3 is the original run drawn/plotted by Lee w/ Silvestri crossover so that constitutes a complete story. However, bear in mind that a) Lee was mostly making it up as he went along so it's more accurate to say that it's an unbroken run rather than an overarching story with a beginning, middle & end; and b) Lee's art is extremely pin-up oriented at this time - I'd only buy this if you want to see loads of Jim Lee splash pages in Absolute format. Storywise, the good stuff begins with James Robinson's run in WILDC.A.T.S #15.

The remaining few issues in this collection are random Wildcats issues drawn by Lee in subsequent years so some won't make much sense by themselves.

I'd rather see it collected in omnibus form for archival reasons - more bang for the buck since the story/plotting is a bit lacking.