View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1055 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 5555595510051045105110521053105410551056105710581059106511051155 ... LastLast
Results 15,811 to 15,825 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Not OP, but I have most of the Rebirth deluxes (minus HQ and JLA) and would rank them as follows:

Tier 1 (Highly recommend)
    Wonder Woman
    Action Comics

Tier 2 (Good, not great)
    Batman
    Superman
    Detective Comics

Tier 3 (Some highs, some lows, mostly meh)
    Nightwing
    Flash

Tier 4 (stay far away)
    Suicide Squad
    Justice League
    Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Thanks! There's an omnibus collectors Facebook group that I often post pictures on, but no blog or anything.

For me the best ones are Detective Comics, Nightwing, Superman, Flash, and Wonder Woman. Good to very good are Batman (occasionally excellent but it's more mixed quality than the ones I've already listed) and Action Comics. Meh ones are Justice League of America and Suicide Squad. But even they aren't terrible, and I've heard they've gotten better since the material in the first deluxe volumes.

Haven't bought Justice League or Harley Quinn.
    I’ve picked up quite a few myself, as well as having read some prior, and I’d agree with most of your rankings. Only one that I never got around to was Wonder Woman, may have to grab it now.

All-New Member

Anyone have any updates on the Fourth World error? Having a hard time tearing my cover off; ultimately I have to do it I guess (and soon), but man, it hurts. My concern is also, will the binding/quality be the same? They announced the reprint in January as available to ship in April. I remember reading somewhere (on these CBR pages) that a 3-month solicit usually meant a glued spine, and a 6-month indicated a sewn binding. Granted, this is a special case and probably doesn't qualify as a solicitation, but I'm paranoid. Anybody have any info?

Quote Originally Posted by Toon View Post
    Anyone have any updates on the Fourth World error? Having a hard time tearing my cover off; ultimately I have to do it I guess (and soon), but man, it hurts. My concern is also, will the binding/quality be the same? They announced the reprint in January as available to ship in April. I remember reading somewhere (on these CBR pages) that a 3-month solicit usually meant a glued spine, and a 6-month indicated a sewn binding. Granted, this is a special case and probably doesn't qualify as a solicitation, but I'm paranoid. Anybody have any info?
    I mailed mine back to IST and a few days later got an email saying it is received and they will be shipped out sometime after April 11th. Just contact the retailer it came from and the rest is a simple process. You do have a time limit though I believe it is the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Just finished V.2 of Aquaman rebirth. Real shame there's no DLX edition. It reads far better as a whole story. and its EXCELLENT. Really loving it.
    It's crazy they're not showing any Aquaman collection love when they have a movie forthcoming. Very odd.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I believe there's a hc collection for Aquaman - Underworld coming up; the arc with the beautiful art.

But nothing so far for the first 24 issues of the Rebirth series...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Bit off topic from Rebirth, but has anyone here bought the Gotham Central Omnibus? I'm thinking of picking it up and wondering if there is any reason not to.
    The only bad thing I can say about it is the cheap lightweight black coverboard material under the dust jacket. Good binding, excellent paper quality. Excellent series that I'd highly recommend.

Bit off topic from Rebirth, but has anyone here bought the Gotham Central Omnibus? I'm thinking of picking it up and wondering if there is any reason not to.
    only reason not to is if you don't like big chunky omnibuses. In that case get the hcs or the trades but either way, just GET THIS SERIES!
    I mean, okay, maybe it's not your cup of tea, I can imagine some people not liking it because they are looking for something different in their superhero comics but it is a critically acclaimed, fan favorite run so you should definitely check it out if you like Brubaker, Rucka, the tone of the Nolan movies (but with a different focus) or just good crime comics.

I'm reading this at this very moment. I've got 2 arcs left. I'd definitely recommend it, but like the others have said, it's a big book so it's not one to take around with you and the black cardboard cover isn't great. At the end of the day though, it's about the stories inside, and I'm really enjoying them
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toon View Post
    Oooof. I've been hesitant to rips mine off as well, and your comment about the binding has really given me pause. Is there any conceivable way a book that size could be manufactured with a glued binding? Is a there any precedent? Wouldn't it fall apart immediately due to its size?

The first Black Science hardcover was scrapped and reprinted due to misprints, and the reprints had terrible glued binding. The fact that the Fourth World reprints are such a quick turn-around is worrisome for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I believe there's a hc collection for Aquaman - Underworld coming up; the arc with the beautiful art.

But nothing so far for the first 24 issues of the Rebirth series...
    I wonder if that's a misprint then. Why have V.4 be HC and the rest not? Either way, its too late for me. Im digging the series to much, and I'm rushing to get V.3. I DEMAND uniformity! And so tpb is the road I must take for Aquaman.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I wonder if that's a misprint then. Why have V.4 be HC and the rest not? Either way, its too late for me. Im digging the series to much, and I'm rushing to get V.3. I DEMAND uniformity! And so tpb is the road I must take for Aquaman.
    A misprint is a possibility; you never know with DC's advanced solicits...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    A misprint is a possibility; you never know with DC's advanced solicits...
    Still waiting on those delicious fall catalogs. Hopefully they have some surprises

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Spectacular Member

Highly recommend Gotham Central.

I remember Fourth World was just being released as oversized just before I stopped buying, it was always on my list but I was tossing up other books... Now with this omnibus I have another chance. Is it safe to order and get a fixed one yet? I have a feeling the local ones will be those with errors, particularly those on sale.