View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1058 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 5855895810081048105410551056105710581059106010611062106811081158 ... LastLast
Results 15,856 to 15,870 of 21662

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    What would you say is the character's best run then? I recently read everything from the 1984 limited series up and I think it is. A lot of folks like to cite Peter David's run, which I think was good but it wasn't as strong as I remembered it. I really liked the Johns' stuff and after David there was some really bad Aquaman. Obviously it's all personal taste and I didn't pick up anything after Johns left.
    I haven't read all of Aquaman, so I cant say. His Current Rebirth title is AMAZING. I absolutely love it. I forget the writer right now, but right before IC, his series was also clutch.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I feel like picking up the GJ Aquaman Omnibus just because of the positivity and how relieved everybody is to finally get it. I don't know much about him, would you say it's the characters best run?
    Never read about him till new52. This run turned him into my top 3 favorite dc characters.

I wish they would put out a Flaspoint Omnibus.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 03-18-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Any idea if this OHC will be re-solicited?

Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck

Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Any idea if this OHC will be re-solicited?

Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck

It's been on the schedule then cancelled twice. DC may try again in a year or two, but I'm not holding my breath.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    So I got a reply from DCBS concerning the Fourth World omni corrected version. They checked with DC and confirmed that the reprints will indeed have sewn binding like the original.
    This is good news. I still need to send my cover in!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (DC Modern Classics)
    200 pg
    50$
    c'moooooon
    What is this "Modern Classics" range?

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is good news. I still need to send my cover in!!
    I took the plunge and sent mine in today. Fingers crossed there will be no mix-ups either with USPS or DCBS. Otherwise I'll just have a front-cover-less Fourth World omni. Though I must say it still looks good on the shelf.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    So I got a reply from DCBS concerning the Fourth World omni corrected version. They checked with DC and confirmed that the reprints will indeed have sewn binding like the original.
    You are a hero. Thank you for this. Gonna handle mine tonight.

Fantastic Member

The June solicitations arrived today, and here are the HCs:

ABSOLUTE FLASHPOINT HC
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art by ANDY KUBERT, SANDRA HOPE and JESSE DELPERDANG • Cover by ANDY KUBERT
    The red-hot five-issue miniseries by writer Geoff Johns and artist Andy Kubert returns in a new Absolute edition!
    This is Flash Fact: when Barry Allen wakes at his desk, he discovers the world has changed. Family is alive, loved ones are strangers and close friends are different, gone or worse. It’s a world on the brink of a cataclysmic war—but where are Earth’s Greatest Heroes to stop it? It’s a place where America’s last hope is Cyborg, who hopes to gather the forces of the Outsider, The Secret 7, S!H!A!Z!A!M!, Citizen Cold and other new and familiar-yet-altered faces! This Absolute edition features a new cover and an introduction by Andy Kubert, plus behind-the-scenes material.
    On sale DECEMBER 12 • 272 pg, FC • 8.25” x 12.5” • $75.00 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8626-2

THE AMERICAN VAMPIRE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER and STEPHEN KING
    Art by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, DANIJEL ZEZELJ, SEAN MURPHY, DUSTIN NGUYEN and others • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    In this volume collecting the series that first brought Scott Snyder to fans’ attention, meet Pearl, a young woman living in 1920s Los Angeles, who is brutally turned into a vampire and then sets out on a path of revenge against the monsters who tortured and abused her—with the help of a gunslinger named Skinner Sweet. Plus, in stories written by legendary novelist Stephen King, learn the origin of Skinner Sweet! Collects AMERICAN VAMPIRE #1-27, AMERICAN VAMPIRE: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST #1-5 and AMERICAN VAMPIRE: LORD OF NIGHTMARES #1-5.
    On sale OCTOBER 31 • 984 pg, FC • 8.25” x 12.5” • $99.00 US • MATURE READERS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8483-1

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by JAMES TYNION IV
    Art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    It’s the crossover you never saw coming! Join Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as they try to save their cities from the baddest of the bad guys! The Caped Crusader joins forces with Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael and Master Splinter to take down the most vicious villains from two dimensions! This deluxe edition includes scripts, variant covers and more behind-the-scenes materials! Co-published with IDW.
    On sale JULY 4 • 224 pg, FC • 7.0625” x 10.875” • $39.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8071-0

HARLEY QUINN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO HC
    Written by AMANDA CONNER, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, FRANK TIERI, PAUL DINI, CHIP ZDARSKY and others
    Art by JOHN TIMMS, KHARI EVANS, JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER, ELEANORA CARLINI, JOE QUINONES and others • Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    Comics’ most adorable antihero is about to face the fight of her life! First, she’s taking on the corrupt mayor of New York City, whose evil plan for the homeless population will take a bite out of the Big Apple in more ways than one. Then, Mr. and Mrs. Quinzel are in town to meet their li’l monster’s new crew. And since “alternative lifestyle” barely begins to describe the vida loca that Harley’s livin’, our bat-wielding bombshell’s more than a little mortified. Collects issues #14-27 and HARLEY QUINN 25TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL. #1
    On sale JULY 4 • 384 pg, FC • 7.0625” x 10.875” • $34.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8065-9

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS: THE NEW 52 OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL, JAMES TYNION IV and others
    Art by KENNETH ROCAFORT, TIMOTHY GREEN II, JULIUS GOPEZ, PASQUAL FERRY, BRETT BOOTH, TYLER KIRKHAM and others
    Cover by TYLER KIRKHAM and MATT BANNING
    Red Hood, Arsenal and Starfire join forces to battle everything from The Joker to space aliens to the League of Assassins. And when Jason and the team find out that Starfire is one of the most feared (and dangerous) commanders in all of space, their adventures head for the stars and beyond to help decide the fate of the throne of Tamaran. Collects Red Hood and the Outlaws #0-27, Teen Titans #16, Batman #17 and Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual #1.
    On sale OCTOBER 10 • 736 pg, FC, $99.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8466-4

WONDER WOMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC
    Written by WILLIAM MOULTON MARSTON, JOYE MURCHISON and ROBERT KANIGHER • Art by H.G. PETER • Cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    In these post-World War II stories, Wonder Woman protects Man’s World, using her bracelets and lasso of truth to stop injustice. These tales include Wonder Woman’s battle to keep innocents from being drawn into a land of nightmares and see her sending a gangster to Paradise Island to be reformed, attending a costume party to prevent a murder and much more! Collects SENSATION COMICS #49-67, WONDER WOMAN #16-24 and COMICS CAVALCADE #14-22.
    On sale NOVEMBER 7 • 784 pg, FC, $125.00 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8072-7

WONDER WOMAN BY JOHN BYRNE BOOK TWO HC
    Written by JOHN BYRNE • Art by JOHN BYRNE, DAVE COCKRUM and others
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    Mysterious beings have been making disastrous plans for Earth, drawing Wonder Woman and Mike Schorr beneath the Arctic ice to combat them. Will Diana escape in time to stop these dangerous villains? Or will she perish and allow them to take over the Earth? Collects WONDER WOMAN #115-124 and WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #5-6.
    On sale JULY 4 • 328 pg, FC, $39.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8082-6

WONDER WOMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO HC
    Written by GREG RUCKA • Art by LIAM SHARP, BILQUIS EVELY, MIRKA ANDOLFO and others • Cover by JENNY FRISON
    Wonder Woman discovers a dark truth when she learns her entire life had been transformed! Even as her life unravels, sinister forces threaten all she holds dear. No matter how great the trauma, she must continue to fight against the evil and lies that have destroyed her life. With the help of her allies—and her enemy the Cheetah—Diana will put the pieces of her broken mind back together and do battle against her fearsome new foes. Will she defy the will of the gods, save her Amazon sisters and solve the mystery of her own existence once and for all? Or is the cost of the truth too steep for even Wonder Woman to bear? Collects issues #15-25 and stories from WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1 and the DC HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2017.
    On sale JULY 11 • 304 pg, FC • 7.0625” x 10.875” • $34.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8093-2

Fantastic Member

And now the big TPBs:

BATMAN: DEATH AND THE MAIDENS TP NEW EDITION
    Written by GREG RUCKA
    Art and cover by KLAUS JANSON
    Collecting the classic nine-issue miniseries! A dying Ra’s al Ghul must beg Batman for help against a woman who once shared his life. In exchange, he offers the Dark Knight the chance to speak with his dead parents! But what they say to him will profoundly affect both the man and the hero. This collection includes behind-the-scenes unused art and sketches by artist Klaus Janson.
    On sale JULY 11 • 240 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8089-5

THE DC UNIVERSE BY MIKE MIGNOLA TP
    Written by NEIL GAIMAN, JOHN BYRNE, PAUL KUPPERBERG, ROGER STERN, JERRY ORDWAY and GEORGE PEREZ
    Art by MIKE MIGNOLA and others
    Cover by MIKE MIGNOLA
    This new title collects Mike Mignola’s work on comics including SUPERMAN: THE WORLD OF KRYPTON #1-4, ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #2, SUPERMAN #18 and #23, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #54, BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #36, SWAMP THING ANNUAL #5, PHANTOM STRANGER #1-4 and more! Also collects dozens of covers by Mignola!
    On sale JULY 25 • 400 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-6888-6

DOOM PATROL: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by ARNOLD DRAKE and BOB HANEY
    Art by BRUNO PREMIANI and BOB BROWN • Cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    This fast-paced volume introduces the Doom Patrol! Led by their wheelchair-bound chief, Niles Caulder, three outcasts of society—Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Robotman—take the qualities that make them freaks and become heroes. Together, the trio takes on bizarre menaces including General Immortus, the Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man and the Brotherhood of Evil. Collects MY GREATEST ADVENTURE #80-85 and DOOM PATROL #86-95.
    On sale JULY 25 • 376 pg, FC, $29.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8111-3

THE FLASH BY GEOFF JOHNS BOOK FIVE TP
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art by HOWARD PORTER, PETER SNEJBJERG and others
    Cover by HOWARD PORTER and JOHN LIVESAY
    The rivalry between The Flash’s original Rogues and the newer Rogues has ignited into a war that may destroy Keystone City and kill the Scarlet Speedster! The Rogues turned heroes get their minds readjusted, thanks to the revived Top, and when both Zoom and his inspiration, Reverse-Flash, turn up, things look bleak for The Flash and his allies! Collects THE FLASH #214-225.
    On sale JULY 18 • 336 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8108-3

HELLBLAZER VOL. 19: THE RED RIGHT HAND TP
    Written by DENISE MINA and MIKE CAREY • Art by LEONARDO MANCO, CRISTIANO CUCINA and JOHN PAUL LEON • Cover by JENNY FRISON
    In this new HELLBLAZER collection, John Constantine discovers he’s cursed with empathy for his fellow man as the multi-layered tale races forward. Seeking the origin of the Empathy curse, Constantine and Chris roll into Glasgow in search of Steve Evans, a “massively powerful magician” who is waiting for Constantine. Meanwhile, John finds out that there has been a connection between himself and Chris before they even met. Collects issues #216-229.
    On sale JULY 4 • 328 pg, FC •$24.99 US • MATURE READERS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8080-2

THE INVISIBLES BOOK THREE TP
    Written by GRANT MORRISON
    Art by PHIL JIMENEZ, JOHN STOKES, MICHAEL LARK, CHRIS WESTON and others • Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    In this third INVISIBLES collection, the team launches an assault on an underground New Mexico lab to free the cure for the AIDS virus from the alleged inventors of the disease: the U.S. government. Collects THE INVISIBLES VOL. 2 #1-13.
    On sale JULY 18 • 336 pg, FC • $24.99 US • MATURE READERS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8102-1

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 4 TP
    Written by GARDNER FOX
    Art by MIKE SEKOWSKY and BERNARD SACHS
    Cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    In these 1960s adventures, Aquaman, the Atom, Batman, the Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Superman and Wonder Woman meet the Justice Society of America from the parallel world known as Earth-2 and battle classic DC villains including Dr. Polaris, the Key and Brainstorm. Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #31-41.
    On sale JULY 11 • 264 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8061-1

ORION BY WALTER SIMONSON BOOK ONE TP
    Written by WALTER SIMONSON and others
    Art by WALTER SIMONSON, JOHN BYRNE, FRANK MILLER, DAVE GIBBONS, ERIK LARSEN, ARTHUR ADAMS, HOWARD CHAYKIN and others
    Cover by WALTER SIMONSON
    Legendary writer/artist Walter Simonson takes on Jack Kirby’s Fourth World! These tales star the heroes and villains of the Fourth World as Darkseid seeks the Anti-Life Equation and Orion battles to stop him! This volume includes material from ORION #1-11, SHOWCASE ’94 #1, DC UNIVERSE HOLIDAY BASH #1, NEW GODS SECRET FILES #1, SECRET ORIGINS OF SUPER-VILLAINS 80-PAGE GIANT #1, LEGENDS OF THE DC UNIVERSE 80-PAGE GIANT #2 and more!
    On sale JULY 11 • 368 pg, FC, $29.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-7487-0

FRANK MILLER’S RONIN TP NEW EDITION
    Written by FRANK MILLER • Art and cover by FRANK MILLER
    Frank Miller’s six-issue miniseries RONIN returns in a new trade paperback! It’s the tale of a 13th century samurai who is reborn in a futuristic 21st century New York City with one last chance to regain his honor: he must defeat the reincarnation of his master’s killer, an ancient demon called Agat. This new edition includes promotional art, fold-out pages and more special features.
    On sale JULY 18 • 336 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8300-1

SUPERGIRL BY PETER DAVID BOOK FOUR TP
    Written by PETER DAVID
    Art by LEONARD KIRK, SEAN PHILLIPS, JASON ORFALAS and others
    Cover by LEONARD KIRK and ROBIN RIGGS
    Everything is coming at Linda Danvers, a.k.a. Supergirl! Comet, the newest hero in Leesburg, is being chased by someone named Fracture, and in the meantime, in her civilian identity, Supergirl speaks out against a bigot on her college campus. And Parasite is spotted in Paris. All just typical problems in a day in the life of one of the most powerful girls on planet Earth! Collects issues #32-43.
    On sale JULY 4 • 328 pg, FC, $29.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-7364-4

SUPERMAN BLUE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by DAN JURGENS, KARL KESEL, DAVID MICHELINIE and LOUISE SIMONSON
    Art by RON FRENZ, SCOT EATON, STUART IMMONEN, JON BOGDANOVE, TOM 
GRUMMETT, SEAN CHEN and others • Cover by DAN JURGENS and JOE RUBINSTEIN
    When the sun temporarily goes out, Superman temporarily loses his powers…but when they return, they are not what the Man of Steel expects! Clark Kent is suddenly transformed into a being of crackling blue energy, complete with new abilities and a totally new look! And before long, the villainous Cyborg Superman splits the Man of Steel into two beings: Superman Red and Superman Blue! Will Metropolis have two protectors? Includes stories from SUPERMAN #122-125, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #545-547, ACTION COMICS #732-734, SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #67-69 and SUPERMAN ANNUAL #9.
    On sale JULY 11 • 376 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8091-8

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    SUPERMAN BLUE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by DAN JURGENS, KARL KESEL, DAVID MICHELINIE and LOUISE SIMONSON
    Art by RON FRENZ, SCOT EATON, STUART IMMONEN, JON BOGDANOVE, TOM 
GRUMMETT, SEAN CHEN and others • Cover by DAN JURGENS and JOE RUBINSTEIN
    When the sun temporarily goes out, Superman temporarily loses his powers…but when they return, they are not what the Man of Steel expects! Clark Kent is suddenly transformed into a being of crackling blue energy, complete with new abilities and a totally new look! And before long, the villainous Cyborg Superman splits the Man of Steel into two beings: Superman Red and Superman Blue! Will Metropolis have two protectors? Includes stories from SUPERMAN #122-125, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #545-547, ACTION COMICS #732-734, SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #67-69 and SUPERMAN ANNUAL #9.
    On sale JULY 11 • 376 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8091-8
    I may be remembering the Amazon fish incorrectly, but did the page count go up and the price go down on this one...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Is that the final Flash by GJ fat tpb? Still loving the SG by PAD traders are being PUMPED out. Not seeing anything about Aquaman Book 2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Is that the final Flash by GJ fat tpb? Still loving the SG by PAD traders are being PUMPED out. Not seeing anything about Aquaman Book 2 though.
    Yes, Geoff Johns run on Flash ended on #225.

Amazon has Aquaman by Peter David Book 2 listed for August.

All-New Member

Hi, folks.

I need some help from you, pleased. I received yesterday a brand new copy of ‘Gotham Central Omnibus’ with a gap, a space, between the hardcover and the spine of the book.
    - Should I replace because it’s defective or it’s a common binding process, stage, with the manufacturing age?
    - How to prevent this to other books of the same type?
    - How to fix it?

Thank you very much.