View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 106 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 656961021031041051061071081091101161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Oh, yes. I'd certainly love it but more important is my sheer curiosity - it must be satisfied.

Most of all, I'd love to see his take on Ninja Turtles.

For DC, let's hand him a "Before Watchmen" series just to see how much we can take.
    One of the Multiversity issues will be about the Charlton universe and it will be in the style of Watchmen IRRC
    And I think he planned a Spider-man miniseries or GN with...hmm..Simon Bisley maybe? There was an article about it not so long ago on CBR or Bleedingcool or some place like these.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I buy from them all the time and I never had any bad experiences
    Quote Originally Posted by Balltic05 View Post
    Yep, all my purchases are shipped from the UK
    Cool, I shall give them another shot. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    R.E.B.E.L.S. (yeah right...vol. 5 never forget *pours out 40oz*)
    Great run. But yeah, not happening. (

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Just opened my Solo deluxe and Animal Man omnibus. I really need to get used to the bad binding after reading all those Marvel omnibi and Dark horse library editions
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Just opened my Solo deluxe and Animal Man omnibus. I really need to get used to the bad binding after reading all those Marvel omnibi and Dark horse library editions
    At least Animal man's paper quality is good (maybe Solo's too but I don't have that book) and the binding will be a bit more loose (I'm reading it right now the second time and it's nearly not as bad as some other DC omnibuses).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    At least Animal man's paper quality is good (maybe Solo's too but I don't have that book) and the binding will be a bit more loose (I'm reading it right now the second time and it's nearly not as bad as some other DC omnibuses).
    I just started Solo (read the parts by Sale and by Corben, now at Paul Pope) and it's very interesting. The stories are good most of the time but it's the art that makes it awesome. Especially Corben brings his A-game with different styles and stories. And yeah, the paper of the Animal man omni is very good. It's a very nice book apart from the binding, if it had a sewn binding it would be better than the recent Marvel omnibi because of the thick paper (I don't mind the $75 price either), it's very well done. I haven't started Animal Man but I'm pretty sure I'll like the stories. So both recommended
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Any feedback on Absolute Top Ten and Sleeper Omnibus? I'm tempted to pick them up during the IST sale, even though they aren't on sale.... Build quality, story wise and should I even bother right now when I'm only getting a 2% benefit from my previous order?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Any feedback on Absolute Top Ten and Sleeper Omnibus? I'm tempted to pick them up during the IST sale, even though they aren't on sale.... Build quality, story wise and should I even bother right now when I'm only getting a 2% benefit from my previous order?
    Sleeper omnibus is the best omnibus Dc put out quality wise together with the Golden age Superman omnibus. Story wise, Sleeper is one of my personal favorites. There's a lot of nudity, gore and swearing in it, but it's a very intense and compelling story. The second part is somewhat less compelling but still very good. The first part is one of my all time favorite stories.

I asked about Absolute Top ten some time ago and the replies were all the same: it's one of the best Absolutes, quality and story wise.

So I just started picking up some DC titles for the first time ever and got the NEW 52 versions of Batman, Batgirl, & Nightwing.

I sped through the first four volumes of Nightwing & was disappointed to learn that the fifth & final volume doesn't come out until December. However, I noticed the fifth volume of Batman comes out in October.

I know the hardcover versions are released before the paperback, but Nightwing is only offered in paperback. Is there any method to their release schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I only have the Sleeper tpb-s but the story is awesome, I love vol 1 and 2 equally. I would say get it! It's one of the best Brubaker stories IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So I just started picking up some DC titles for the first time ever and got the NEW 52 versions of Batman, Batgirl, & Nightwing.

I sped through the first four volumes of Nightwing & was disappointed to learn that the fifth & final volume doesn't come out until December. However, I noticed the fifth volume of Batman comes out in October.

I know the hardcover versions are released before the paperback, but Nightwing is only offered in paperback. Is there any method to their release schedule?
    Yeah. Usually only the $3,99 and high profile books get the HC's

Yeah. Usually only the $3,99 and high profile books get the HC's
    Thanks for the reply. My question was more along the line of the release schedule though. Is there a reason Batman vol. 5 would be released 2 months sooner than the fifth volumes of Nightwing (TPB) & Batgirl (HC), or it's just whenever the publisher feels like releasing them?

Thanks for the reply. My question was more along the line of the release schedule though. Is there a reason Batman vol. 5 would be released 2 months sooner than the fifth volumes of Nightwing (TPB) & Batgirl (HC), or it's just whenever the publisher feels like releasing them?
    Batman sells a hell of a lot more copies than either Nightwing or Batgirl.

Incredible Member

When DC kicked off the new 52 by launching 52 new books in the same month they had to stagger the release of the trade collections otherwise they'd end up with 52 trades also launching in the same month! DC are also slower than image or marvel when it comes to trade releases with some series being almost a year behind the monthly books, this is annoying for those trade waiting but I've heard that it keeps the back issue market healthy for the comic book shops.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    When DC kicked off the new 52 by launching 52 new books in the same month they had to stagger the release of the trade collections otherwise they'd end up with 52 trades also launching in the same month! DC are also slower than image or marvel when it comes to trade releases with some series being almost a year behind the monthly books, this is annoying for those trade waiting but I've heard that it keeps the back issue market healthy for the comic book shops.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the reply!