View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1061 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 6156196110111051105710581059106010611062106310641065107111111161 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,915 of 21671
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Damn, lots of comics I want to order. Heres my second shot at this mammoth...hmm the great debate continues.
    Personally I love it so I recommend it. I also recommend Kamandi (which is just fantastic) and the Demon by Kirby. They are just a lot of fun. I am loving 70's Kirby. They aren't stuff I grew up with either.
    Fourth World is a mammoth for sure. I think it's my limit for thick omnibus'.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I was just wondering if people recommend the Before Watchmen run? I was thinking of getting the omnibus.

With the DC Rebirth, The Button, Oz Effect & Watchmen all out in DLX format, if that's any good, do you expect Doomsday Clock to be DLX?

I just don't want to commit to reading the whole arc and be stuck with one odd book on the shelf.
    I enjoyed them, red Corsair wasn’t that good, but I’ll be selling the Hc’s I have to make way for the omni

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

So today I took the plunge on my first Absolute HC, with a cheeky purchase of Absolute Batman and Robin: Reborn by Morrison/Quitely et al.

It looks absolutely stunning. Took my breath away when I just flicked through it briefly. Quitely's art has never looked so good.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I would bet my entire collection that there will be at least an OHC for Doomsday Clock.
    I agree. I'd go as far as to say that it will eventually get collected as an Absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    So today I took the plunge on my first Absolute HC, with a cheeky purchase of Absolute Batman and Robin: Reborn by Morrison/Quitely et al.

It looks absolutely stunning. Took my breath away when I just flicked through it briefly. Quitely's art has never looked so good.
    Love Absolutes great format and some awesome books in that format. Glad we finally got all the Crisis books in Absolute for.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've just taken my front cover off of my Fourth World Omni.
    It came off a lot easier and smoother than I initially thought. I took my 4" pocket knife, tilted the cover 90 degrees, found a spot along the "seam" and pushed my knife through. I then just slid my knife down it and it came off easy. Took all of 20 seconds.

I've printed down my Order Number and stapled it to the cover. I also wrote my info on some paper and taped it down under the Order Page just incase. Used packing tape to do that.
    I've addressed my envelope and will mail it away tomorrow.

Since IST now has had the corrected book for a few days has anyone gotten a notice of the corrected book shipping out? I know they said it might ship early and we might have to wait till mid-April as stated in their email but just wondering.

Also, what are some of you doing with your book? I feel Ebay is wrong in this case.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It came off a lot easier and smoother than I initially thought. I took my 4" pocket knife, tilted the cover 90 degrees, found a spot along the "seam" and pushed my knife through. I then just slid my knife down it and it came off easy. Took all of 20 seconds.

I've printed down my Order Number and stapled it to the cover. I also wrote my info on some paper and taped it down under the Order Page just incase. Used packing tape to do that.

Since IST now has had the corrected book for a few days has anyone gotten a notice of the corrected book shipping out? I know they said it might ship early and we might have to wait till mid-April as stated in their email but just wondering.

Also, what are some of you doing with your book? I feel Ebay is wrong in this case.
    The email I got after they received mine was that they would be sending the covers to diamond by the 11th and that shipping should happen after that, but will do it sooner if possible. They should email you when they get the cover breaking it down for you. I am giving mine away to a friend who reads basically my old comics. Any time I buy absolute, omnibus, or deluxe upgrade of already owned TPBs I send them him to have.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Lots of classic trades this week, here are the confirmed contents:

Batman: New Gotham Vol 2
    Detective Comics 755-765
    Superman 168
    This was a great release. DC have done Rucka and Brubaker some justice recently. Better collections.

Brubaker's Dead Reckoning arc in Tec (that occured around Hush)...still not collected, which annoys me.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I don't have the book but I don't see anything wrong with selling/ebaying it as long as you're blatantly obvious about the listing description. I wouldn't think you'd get too much for it once shipping costs are factored in or if it's worth the hassle.

Incredible Member

New DC Fall Catalog https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4269936&page=1

Some interesting things including

Animal Man by Grant Morrison Book One 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
    Batman The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 2 - which will finally collect Batman Year 3
    Batman: Shaman (which despite the title is set to include the first 15 issues of LOTDK)
    Superman & Batman: Generations (Elseworlds) - Generations 1 & 2 but not 3 according to the solicit

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Personally I love it so I recommend it. I also recommend Kamandi (which is just fantastic) and the Demon by Kirby. They are just a lot of fun. I am loving 70's Kirby. They aren't stuff I grew up with either.
    Fourth World is a mammoth for sure. I think it's my limit for thick omnibus'.
    Nooo, dont give me more reasons to spend money I don't have! I think I might have to bite the bullet.

Snyder has confirmed in Twitter that his New 52 Batman run will get an Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    Snyder has confirmed in Twitter that his New 52 Batman run will get an Omnibus
    This is one that they should probably include some of the crossovers (like Death in the Family) and then split into two.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Nooo, dont give me more reasons to spend money I don't have! I think I might have to bite the bullet.
    This place does a great job encouraging purchases! Reading this makes me wish Kirby had done a good run on the Silver Surfer. He could have done some great things!