View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1062 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 6256296210121052105810591060106110621063106410651066107211121162 ... LastLast
Results 15,916 to 15,930 of 21672
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    This place does a great job encouraging purchases! Reading this makes me wish Kirby had done a good run on the Silver Surfer. He could have done some great things!
    Possibly, but somehow I don't think he would have bested John Buscema's and Stan Lee's Silver Surfer run which won a couple of awards and IMHO was quite magnificent. Kirby did round off their run with Silver Surfer #18 replacing Buscema with art duties.

This place does a great job encouraging purchases! Reading this makes me wish Kirby had done a good run on the Silver Surfer. He could have done some great things!
    A Silver Surfer omni in general would be sweet. Although I didn't really dig the Ron Marz stuff. Ill stick to his GL

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    Snyder has confirmed in Twitter that his New 52 Batman run will get an Omnibus
    The only run in the N52 I got the HCs for and now I feel stupid. Oh well. Thats Vol.3 DotF slipcase is sweet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Possibly, but somehow I don't think he would have bested John Buscema's and Stan Lee's Silver Surfer run which won a couple of awards and IMHO was quite magnificent. Kirby did round off their run with Silver Surfer #18 replacing Buscema with art duties.
    I'm still waiting on a Silver Surfer omnibus reprint which I can see coming at some point or even an Epic. I don't see anywhere where this material is in print.
    I'm just imagining a what if scenario where Kirby had the creative control on an early 70's Marvel space epic type material. (But than we wouldn't have Kamandi, Fourth World I suppose).

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Aquaman: The Legend of Aquaman
    Aquaman 1-5
    Aquaman Special 1

Justice League Task Force Vol 1
    Justice League Task Force 1-12
    While I pre-ordered both of these out of unwavering support for random 80's/90's material, I can't help but feel a bit ripped off. They both should've been priced about $5 less than they were, considering page count and the fact that they're quarter bin material.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I know the school of thought is: Support the TPBs or there can never be a HC
    However, I'm backed up on other reads BUT would be curious if this short series found it's way to a larger collected edition(with a vol.2 of contents) a few years later.
    I have serious doubts that we'll see a vol. 2; DC shoots themselves in the foot by pricing these type of collections so high.
    JLTF in particular has the reputation of being "bad 90's"; however having names like Waid and Priest attached might be enough to attract some casual buyers.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

My copy of Absolute WildC.A.T.S. arrived. Don't know what I was thinking buying it so soon, at full price. I consider it basically a Jim Lee artbook. I haven't read the stories in years, but I'm not expecting much, besides it being pretty.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Nooo, dont give me more reasons to spend money I don't have! I think I might have to bite the bullet.

I would say that Kamandi, Omac, New Gods, and the Demon are all worth reading. The New Gods in particular is overflowing with great characters, concepts, and big meteor sized moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I would say that Kamandi, Omac, New Gods, and the Demon are all worth reading. The New Gods in particular is overflowing with great characters, concepts, and big meteor sized moments.
    I wish they had layaway for comics. ��
    Thanks for the recs!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Me too! I keep making wish lists with IST in the hope I win the lottery and have time and money to read more than 22 pages every couple of days.

So Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omnibus finally confirmed I guess...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Love Absolutes great format and some awesome books in that format. Glad we finally got all the Crisis books in Absolute for.
    Here's my unsolicited opinion about Absolutes----there are some artists the look amazing in absolutes, just really shows up the detail in their art magnificently ; Then there are some artists, who may be great fantastic comic book storytellers, and the absolute does nothing for them. It just magnifies everything and maybe even does them a disservice.
    trying to be nicer

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    So Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omnibus finally confirmed I guess...
    If this finally happens and sells well could it be a determing factor of us getting a Golden Age Aquaman vol.1?
    I've not heard anything on that rumored book in about a month now since the "go put it on their FB wall that you want it" alleged campaign.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm still waiting on a Silver Surfer omnibus reprint which I can see coming at some point or even an Epic.
    SS Epic Collection vol. 2 should cover the Lee\Buscema run. I don't see what else they're going to put between vol. 1 (all early SS appearances outside of his own title) and vol. 3 (single v2 episode and the beginning of v3).

I've just learned about a rumor - on about how DC is slowly causing a stop to their Rebirth Dlx HCs. Anyone hear more about this? Thoughts?

I mean, I think they'll always produce HC books on top selling titles. Not sure which are top selling right now. It used to be Batman, HQ and Justice League. Either way, the rumor also says theyre not selling very well (the dlx hcs).

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I've just learned about a rumor - on about how DC is slowly causing a stop to their Rebirth Dlx HCs. Anyone hear more about this? Thoughts?

I mean, I think they'll always produce HC books on top selling titles. Not sure which are top selling right now. It used to be Batman, HQ and Justice League. Either way, the rumor also says theyre not selling very well (the dlx hcs).
    That would be a shame; the Rebirth Deluxe's have been that rare combo of quality at a decent price...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES