View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1063 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 6356396310131053105910601061106210631064106510661067107311131163 ... LastLast
Results 15,931 to 15,945 of 21672
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I've just learned about a rumor - on about how DC is slowly causing a stop to their Rebirth Dlx HCs. Anyone hear more about this? Thoughts?

I mean, I think they'll always produce HC books on top selling titles. Not sure which are top selling right now. It used to be Batman, HQ and Justice League. Either way, the rumor also says theyre not selling very well (the dlx hcs).
    I could see it, especially with DC. The numbers I've noticed have been a little underwhelming, but DC sales typically trend lower than Marvel's in the oversized dept. On a side note, DC should be wrapping up its "Rebirth" phase soon, 4 deluxes would probably be the max anyways, and we've already had solicits/fish for v3's, so it's not a stretch to assume they'd wrap them up.

Maybe the rumors are for post-metal material, and DC will chalk up the rebirth deluxes as a failed experiment. I'm glad they went for it though, and i wish Marvel would follow suit and up their ohc output, as i prefer the format

The Dlx HCs are really nice. But I agree. It also could have been an experiment to hype up the new DCU. Aka REBIRTH.

I just hope they don't go back to standard size hardcovers ala New 52. If they're going to do hardcovers at all they need to be oversize trim.

I've just learned about a rumor - on about how DC is slowly causing a stop to their Rebirth Dlx HCs. Anyone hear more about this? Thoughts?

I mean, I think they'll always produce HC books on top selling titles. Not sure which are top selling right now. It used to be Batman, HQ and Justice League. Either way, the rumor also says theyre not selling very well (the dlx hcs).
    Where did you hear that?

Incredible Member

Why even bother to start collecting something like Green Arrow (which I really like btw) now as its not one of their best sellers anyways? Hopefully they keep it up. They are great quality books. I've mostly stuck to the big ones though. Batman/Superman/Action/Detective etc

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Why even bother to start collecting something like Green Arrow (which I really like btw) now as its not one of their best sellers anyways? Hopefully they keep it up. They are great quality books. I've mostly stuck to the big ones though. Batman/Superman/Action/Detective etc
    Probably a combination of its critical success and it selling pretty well. I'm really happy to see it, though. Hope some of the others that sold/sell decently but not super well get them, too, ie Aquaman, Red Hood, Deathstroke, etc.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I got my email from IST that they've received my cover to Fourth World.
    Now, I wait.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Probably because Ben Percy recently finally left the book so his run is finished now and they can properly map it out into evenly sized volumes.

Same thing they've done with Supersons. They cancelled the first deluxe and now the series is over they've resolicted a complete oversized hardcover with all the issues.

Theres also some oddities with the upcoming Rebirth Deluxes as well. Wonder Woman Volume 3 for example only contains the 6 issue run of Shae Fontana before James Robinson took over. So maybe they dont want to mix writers in these OHCs?

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Probably because Ben Percy recently finally left the book so his run is finished now and they can properly map it out into evenly sized volumes.

Same thing they've done with Supersons. They cancelled the first deluxe and now the series is over they've resolicted a complete oversized hardcover with all the issues.

Theres also some oddities with the upcoming Rebirth Deluxes as well. Wonder Woman Volume 3 for example only contains the 6 issue run of Shae Fontana before James Robinson took over. So maybe they dont want to mix writers in these OHCs?
    WW Rebirth V.3 Dlx Hc (god that's a mouthful...) Will only have 6 issues!?! I mean I have mixed feelings. I can see why they did that, but man that's really light in content for a dlx edition. But if the price is right, I suppose it doesnt matter.

Incredible Member

I will buy them anyways! I have enjoyed this series.

Mighty Member

Do you have a link for this? This doesn't seem right, & afaik there haven't been any solicits or fish for a WW v3 yet

And I was hoping they'd release Titans in OHC at some point. I absolutely love this format + art under dj. Pfff... I gues that settles it. I mean if rumors turns out to be true...

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Do you have a link for this? This doesn't seem right, & afaik there haven't been any solicits or fish for a WW v3 yet
    https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4260271&page=4

Contents read as

>Collects issues #26-#30, Wonder Woman: Steve Trevor, Annual #1 and Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:31 PM.

WW Rebirth V.3 Dlx Hc (god that's a mouthful...) Will only have 6 issues!?! I mean I have mixed feelings. I can see why they did that, but man that's really light in content for a dlx edition. But if the price is right, I suppose it doesnt matter.
    Where did you hear the rumor about Deluxes for their ongoings going away?