View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1064 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 6456496410141054106010611062106310641065106610671068107411141164 ... LastLast
Results 15,946 to 15,960 of 21672
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4260271&page=4

Contents read as

>Collects issues #26-#30, Wonder Woman: Steve Trevor, Annual #1 and Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary.
    Thanks for this. Wonder how much material is in that 75th anniversary celebration? I still wouldn't be surprised if this was altered, some of the other contents seem off, like Supergirl v5 TP being 300 pages and only listed as 4 issues, and the rebirth deluxes have been quite hefty ftmp

Side note, i was really hoping we'd see some Sandman deluxes for the 30th anniversary instead of new trades.
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-28-2018 at 05:07 AM.

I've just learned about a rumor - on about how DC is slowly causing a stop to their Rebirth Dlx HCs. Anyone hear more about this? Thoughts?

I mean, I think they'll always produce HC books on top selling titles. Not sure which are top selling right now. It used to be Batman, HQ and Justice League. Either way, the rumor also says theyre not selling very well (the dlx hcs).
    Where did this 'rumor' come from?

I also heard a 'rumor' that DC is moving away from DLX HCs and moving to absolutes for all the rebirth titles. Big if true

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I now have the thinner Deluxe HCs of Batman Year One and Two.
    That got me curious about Year Three.
    I quick bit of research shows me that was done in 1989. Its 30th Anniversary is coming up next year. I'd like them to go ahead and collect that as well.
    On a personal note that was when I was really buying Batman so unlike Y1&2 I was reading month to month at that point so the nostalgia factor is there.

There never was a Batman Year Four was there? My google-fu says no.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I quick bit of research shows me that was done in 1989. Its 30th Anniversary is coming up next year. I'd like them to go ahead and collect that as well.
    On a personal note that was when I was really buying Batman so unlike Y1&2 I was reading month to month at that point so the nostalgia factor is there.

No year four.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Where did this 'rumor' come from?

I also heard a 'rumor' that DC is moving away from DLX HCs and moving to absolutes for all the rebirth titles. Big if true
    I read it on collectededitions blog. I know its a blog, but the guy knows his stuff. Hes a hardcore collector. And his sources are pretty reliable.

All-New Member

I got my email from IST that they've received my cover to Fourth World.
    Now, I wait.
    I have yet to receive such an email... sent them in a week ago, so not sure at what point I should worry, but hopefully a week is still too early for a reply.

Incredible Member

Batman Year 3 (Batman #436-439) has never been collected before however DC just revealed in the newest solicits that it will be collected for the first time ever in:

Batman The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 2
    Collects BATMAN #432-444 and BATMAN ANNUAL #13
    On Sale Date: October 23, 2018

No word on if it will get a separate HC to match Year 1 & Year 2 but with next year being the 30th Anniversary it could be possible!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toon View Post
    I have yet to receive such an email... sent them in a week ago, so not sure at what point I should worry, but hopefully a week is still too early for a reply.
    Since the deadline is April, 1 and that is a Sunday I'd go ahead and send them an email. They may be off or short staffed on Friday.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I read it on collectededitions blog. I know its a blog, but the guy knows his stuff. Hes a hardcore collector. And his sources are pretty reliable.
    That was speculation on his part (he said as much)...you are the one making it a rumour

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    That was speculation on his part (he said as much)...you are the one making it a rumour
    Yup, it's a theory, and he himself even calls it unsubstantiated. Beyond that, the word "Rebirth" my stop but that doesn't mean the deluxe editions for the ongoings will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Yup, it's a theory, and he himself even calls it unsubstantiated. Beyond that, the word "Rebirth" my stop but that doesn't mean the deluxe editions for the ongoings will stop.
    I swear he changed it...I remember it read along the lines of "ive been seeing rumors about xxx. My theory is...". The xx meaning the reduction in Rebirth DLX HCs. Maybe he edited it to clarify. Oops.

Incredible Member

DC was on a roll with their binding, then Batman & Robin comes out and we are back to square 1.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    DC was on a roll with their binding, then Batman & Robin comes out and we are back to square 1.
    I mostly like their recent binding. Any of the silver/bronze age ones are really good. Batman and Robin and Fourth World aren't great. It does make it more of a chore to read them when they are tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    We've already had more normal good bindings after B&R. That must have been a fluke.

Fantastic Member

Anyone have recommendations for DC Absolutes? I've been looking to try this format but can't decide on which title to get.

Some I'm considering:

All-Star Superman (upgrade over TPB)
    Batman Hush (only own digitally)
    Absolute Authority v1 (haven't read this yet but it's been on my list)
    Justice League: The World's Greatest Superheroes (no idea what this is but it's cheap and oversized Alex Ross art is appealing)
    Absolute Sandman v1 (upgrade over TPB)

...but I'm not aware of all Absolutes, so any suggestions would be welcome! Also, are there any titles I should stay away from? I've read that not all art benefits from this format.
    Last edited by soundsci; 03-30-2018 at 02:52 PM.