View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1075 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 7557597510251065107110721073107410751076107710781079108511251175 ... LastLast
Results 16,111 to 16,125 of 21672

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Tore through mine this past week. Such a fun book. And I also want more: I want a follow-up omni and I want a MoS/Byrne era omni as well (well, I guess those are more than one each).

On a slightly different note: I‘ve been trying to find some Curt Swan Supes collections, particularly from the 60s to 70s. Even some measly tpbs would do, but there‘s practically nothing. Nada. A few single issues in hodge-podge collections like the Greatest Stories or the Superman vs tpbs, but that‘s about it. I think it is a crime that there is not one decent collected edition of arguably the greatest Superman artist of all time out there.
    IDW's Superman the Silver age dailies 1959-61 has Curt Swan artwork. It's all black and white and they are adaptations of the Siegel and Schuster stuff but it's a nice looking hardcover with plenty of Swan's art (and Wayne Boring).

I've got TPBs 1-4 of Geoff Johns Flash run, is it worth reading them now or would it be best to wait until they're all released? I know Johns likes to play the long game with his plots, so I'd rather not read them now if there's important threads I'm going to have forgotten by the time the next volume comes out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    I've got TPBs 1-4 of Geoff Johns Flash run, is it worth reading them now or would it be best to wait until they're all released? I know Johns likes to play the long game with his plots, so I'd rather not read them now if there's important threads I'm going to have forgotten by the time the next volume comes out.
    I'd wait. The final volume definitely references and closes out previous stories. Also, if it matters, v5 starts during the events of Identity Crisis and ends during the events of Infinite Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Thanks. I'm going to pick up the Wein and Snyder HC's & wait and see if they finish off the N52 run in HC. I don't want to miss out on Soule's run though, so I'll custom bind it if I need to.
    With the latest Red Hood and the Outlaws Omnibus from the N52 - i do have a level of faith that it is possible. That would be really cool. Especially if they do the Animal Man by Lemire omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    With the latest Red Hood and the Outlaws Omnibus from the N52 - i do have a level of faith that it is possible. That would be really cool. Especially if they do the Animal Man by Lemire omnibus.
    WHHHHHAAAAA? My boy's getting an omni? His first omni!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    WHHHHHAAAAA? My boy's getting an omni? His first omni!
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401284663..._30P5AbGY44DE2

Yup. Not too thrilled they chose this as an omni, but okay. Well actually, Wonder Woman is getting an Absolute version and Aquaman by Johns is also getting an Omni, so I suppose thats fine

Fantastic Member

I couldn’t get past the first trade because of how they handled Starfire, which is saying something when I’m not a Starfire fan in particular and love Rocafort’s art. But I love the Rebirth Red Hood series (hard to believe it’s the same writer) so I hope this omnibus leads to the Rebirth stuff eventually getting collected, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I'd wait. The final volume definitely references and closes out previous stories. Also, if it matters, v5 starts during the events of Identity Crisis and ends during the events of Infinite Crisis.
    Will do, thanks

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Tore through mine this past week. Such a fun book. And I also want more: I want a follow-up omni and I want a MoS/Byrne era omni as well (well, I guess those are more than one each).

On a slightly different note: I‘ve been trying to find some Curt Swan Supes collections, particularly from the 60s to 70s. Even some measly tpbs would do, but there‘s practically nothing. Nada. A few single issues in hodge-podge collections like the Greatest Stories or the Superman vs tpbs, but that‘s about it. I think it is a crime that there is not one decent collected edition of arguably the greatest Superman artist of all time out there.
    While not Superman strictly speaking, Swan's long run on The Legion of Superheroes (featuring Superboy !) should start showing up in the ongoing LSH Silver Age Omnibus fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    I couldn’t get past the first trade because of how they handled Starfire, which is saying something when I’m not a Starfire fan in particular and love Rocafort’s art. But I love the Rebirth Red Hood series (hard to believe it’s the same writer) so I hope this omnibus leads to the Rebirth stuff eventually getting collected, too.
    I agree on the Rebirth title. I picked up the first trade ( of the N52 run) and wasnt a huge fan. It read like a cheesy 80s action film. Lots of tongue in cheek action, cheesy lines, tough guy bromance, beautiful woman and stuff blowing up. All good fun, but not for me, and not what I want as a comic. The Rebirth trade i got because how much praise it received, and rightfully so! I would put it on my top 4 possibly top 3 Rebirth titles. Its superb!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Did anyone happen pick up the Zero Hour HC? It's 50% off at IST and I need a few extra bucks to get free shipping.

I'm debating upgrading my trade, even though there's not much reason to. The solicit says there is never-before-collected bonus material, yet the page count is lower than the trade (144 vs. 160).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Sandman Overture, just ordered the absolute, is it any good or just a cheap cash in?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Is Zero Hour standard trim or OHC?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Sandman Overture, just ordered the absolute, is it any good or just a cheap cash in?
    It's a well crafted story by a master technician of the form with J.H. Williams art. It might be a cash in, but it's certainly far from cheap !