View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1084 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 8458498410341074108010811082108310841085108610871088109411341184 ... LastLast
Results 16,246 to 16,260 of 21657
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    The Exile omnibus is a good start, picking up right when the MoS tpb's ended, and I hope it sells well enough to continue (and at a brisker pace). Without looking for specifics, I'd guess there's room for 3 more omnis before you hit the Death/Return period which was already collected as an omnibus so they can skip that era, and then pick up with the aftermath and on through the rest of the triangle period. I agree that they haven't done enough yet, but starting where they did with Exile is at least a good step. They can continue from there without having too much overlap with existing collections.

Although, I just remembered they have a tpb of Superman Blue coming out soon, which would tend to negate what I just said. I'd like to see the omnis continue, for the sake of shelf uniformity, but if they wanted to do fat trades then that would be fine with me. As long as they collect it all somehow. I'd like to see collections released much faster than they did with the MoS stuff, however...
    I would love to see a series of omnibi continuing. A followup to Exile should take us to Superman #50. After that point Superman: Man of Steel started as the fourth title, so each subsequent volume would cover less time than Exile did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I would love to see a series of omnibi continuing. A followup to Exile should take us to Superman #50. After that point Superman: Man of Steel started as the fourth title, so each subsequent volume would cover less time than Exile did.
    There's some really great stuff on the way to #50. Day of the Krypton Man, in particular (which sort of starts at the end of the Exile omnibus). I still have the original tpb of 'Krypton Man', titled "Superman: Eradication", but it skipped a ton of stuff in between Clark getting whammied by the Eradicator in the fortress and when the programming started to take hold.

So much goodness from Exile to the end of Fall of Metropolis. In my opinion, the best stretch of consistently great storytelling for Superman, probably in his history (not necessarily the best stories, but they weren't bogged down by bad filler back then). Superman #50 is the end of the 'Krisis of the Krimson Kryptonite' story, isn't it? Also pretty great.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    GASP!....how dare you sir!
    I mean yeah okay it's not his best but it's far from awful. It's very easy to follow and I think it has a sweet ending. Also the art is great! I genuinely enjoyed it.
    Well... it certainly wasn't the usual Grant Morrison. Ha.

As for editors saying "no" I don't really see the problem with not saying no in case of his creator owned
    stuff, let him do whatever he wants, no one gets hurt.
    In case of stuff like Final crisis...I can absolutely see your point, even though I really like that book.
    Also they let him go crazy with Batman around FC, just think of the return of Bruce Wayne (loved that one too).
    I agree with creator-owned. That's his stuff. It's sink or swim. But still, look what happened when Frank Miller tried to turn in that Batman abortion that eventually became Holy Terror. His long-time editor Bob Schreck just kept smiling like he ate a **** sandwich and let him do what he wanted. Someone with some sense at DC (a rarity) told him to take that ****-show story on the road. I can't remember which sucker (Dark Horse?) finally published it.

All that said, more power to the author for creator owned stuff. I agree.

I still think he needed a stronger editor for Final Crisis. and some of his Batman (mostly because he tried to blend in a lot of archaic history). Oddly enough, I thought the Return of Bruce Wayne was fairly manageable. And Batman Inc? Wow. For the most part that was great, especially the final run up and the end. Big explosive stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Well... it certainly wasn't the usual Grant Morrison. Ha.

I agree with creator-owned. That's his stuff. It's sink or swim. But still, look what happened when Frank Miller tried to turn in that Batman abortion that eventually became Holy Terror. His long-time editor Bob Schreck just kept smiling like he ate a **** sandwich and let him do what he wanted. Someone with some sense at DC (a rarity) told him to take that ****-show story on the road. I can't remember which sucker (Dark Horse?) finally published it.

All that said, more power to the author for creator owned stuff. I agree.

I still think he needed a stronger editor for Final Crisis. and some of his Batman (mostly because he tried to blend in a lot of archaic history). Oddly enough, I thought the Return of Bruce Wayne was fairly manageable. And Batman Inc? Wow. For the most part that was great, especially the final run up and the end. Big explosive stuff!
    I was mostly thinking of the ending of the return of Bruce Wayne. That was a bit...weird
    I think Legendary published Holy Terror, same guys who put out Annihilator from Morrison (if I'm not mistaken). But might have been DH. But I would say Miller is a unique animal. There is a difference between bad books and basically offensive hate speech. It's not really the industry standard.
    Morrison is a lovely guy and his stuff was always positive (even if it was buried under a ton of eyebrow raising imagery).

I was mostly thinking of the ending of the return of Bruce Wayne. That was a bit...weird
    I think Legendary published Holy Terror, same guys who put out Annihilator from Morrison (if I'm not mistaken). But might have been DH. But I would say Miller is a unique animal. There is a difference between bad books and basically offensive hate speech. It's not really the industry standard.
    Morrison is a lovely guy and his stuff was always positive (even if it was buried under a ton of eyebrow raising imagery).
    Now that I think about it the ending was a little odd.

Also, I’ve always felt the same vibe when reading and listening to each of them. I’d have no desire to hang with Miller (and there is a lot of older stuff that he did that I like) but I’d definitely want to talk and hang out with Morrison. Also, did you ever read the letter pages in Invisibles? Haha. Despite its weirdness he had a lot of fun with that book.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

So with the first Morrison Batman Omnibus coming out soon, it got me wondering how many do you guys think there will be? 3?
    Last edited by The Whovian; 05-23-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Do with the first Morrison Batman Omnibus coming out soon, it got me wondering how many do you guys think there will be? 3?
    I'm quite sure it'll be 3 parts. Each of the three parts (Omni 1; Batman & Robin, Return of Bruce Wayne, Time and the Batman; Batman Inc v1, v2) are about 25 issues. It'd be pretty weird to either combine everything left into one more volume (twice as large as the first) or split up either of those arcs so we get four omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Do with the first Morrison Batman Omnibus coming out soon, it got me wondering how many do you guys think there will be? 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I'm quite sure it'll be 3 parts. Each of the three parts (Omni 1; Batman & Robin, Return of Bruce Wayne, Time and the Batman; Batman Inc v1, v2) are about 25 issues. It'd be pretty weird to either combine everything left into one more volume (twice as large as the first) or split up either of those arcs so we get four omnis.
    Agreed, although you might want to include the Final Crisis omnibus in there if it's not collected in the Morrison proper books (although there will be some serious double dipping).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

IMPULSE BY MARK WAID AND HUMBERTO RAMOS OMNIBUS Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS:

HOUSE OF MYSTERY: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 Cover by RYAN SOOK:

ACTION COMICS #1000: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS:

BATMAN: THE GATES OF GOTHAM DELUXE EDITION OHC Cover by TREVOR McCARTHY:

BATMAN/CATWOMAN: THE WEDDING ALBUM: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC Cover by MIKEL JANIN:

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR ONE DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE OHC Video Game Art Cover:

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Now that I think about it the ending was a little odd.

Also, I’ve always felt the same vibe when reading and listening to each of them. I’d have no desire to hang with Miller (and there is a lot of older stuff that he did that I like) but I’d definitely want to talk and hang out with Morrison. Also, did you ever read the letter pages in Invisibles? Haha. Despite its weirdness he had a lot of fun with that book.
    I think I've read the letters but not sure. Although he was a very different person in the 90s, even in the early 2000s. If you watch his Marvel comic con panel when he is spitting beer and appears in a leather coat that's a very different guy from the current suit wearing Morrison.
    Also he had a lot of fun until his lungs collapsed while writing the chapter with King Mob being infected with a virus He genuinely thinks he almost killed himself just with writing the story (let's keep it a mystery if I believe it )