View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1085 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 8558598510351075108110821083108410851086108710881089109511351185 ... LastLast
Results 16,261 to 16,275 of 21672

I know solicits are out(and I;m in for most of them - that Snyder Batman Deluxe book makes me think we'll be seeing a Snyder/Capullo omnibus sooner rather than later), but I had a quick question about the upcoming Superman by Millar tpb coming out next week. Is it worth picking up, or is the entire series of Superman Adventures worth picking up instead?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I'm quite sure it'll be 3 parts. Each of the three parts (Omni 1; Batman & Robin, Return of Bruce Wayne, Time and the Batman; Batman Inc v1, v2) are about 25 issues. It'd be pretty weird to either combine everything left into one more volume (twice as large as the first) or split up either of those arcs so we get four omnis.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Agreed, although you might want to include the Final Crisis omnibus in there if it's not collected in the Morrison proper books (although there will be some serious double dipping).
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Three books
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    IMPULSE BY MARK WAID AND HUMBERTO RAMOS OMNIBUS Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS:

Oooh, I'm tempted to get this. I loved the series when it came out. I just need to be more selective of what I buy for now on.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    BATMAN: THE GATES OF GOTHAM DELUXE EDITION OHC Cover by TREVOR McCARTHY:

That's a cool cover

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Is there any other material that could go into a hypothetical Deluxe Swamp Thing By Len Wein and Kelley Jones ?

We have the two issues of convergence and the six issue mini plus the story that was in the winter special. I think that is it?
    I'm fairly certain that is everything. A Dlx version would actually be really neat, given that I dont own the anything outside the Winter Special. If there are any notes or letterels or something from the other stories, they can be included as well.

Spectacular Member

If you had the choice, Absolute Justice League Origin, Justice League Dark Seid Saga Omnibus or Justice League International omnibus? I have only really read Grant Morrison's run, John's JSA and New Frontier.
    Last edited by koonfasa; 05-24-2018 at 02:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

It looks like the Flash Silver Age Vol. 1 Omnibus is getting a reprint:

https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Silver-...n%3A7421485011

Those who didn't pick up the first print will get a uniform row of dustjackets if they decide to collect the Flash Omnibuses. You know, I've actually got used to and like the uniqueness of the Flash SA Vol. 1 and JLA SA Vol. 1 first print dustjackets

So I finished reading Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing run Via the 6 Hardcovers.

Loved the first 5 books but I really did not enjoy the 6th. The only story I liked was the final two issues in there.

The space hopping story really got boring and stale after the first issue in space, on the blue planet.

Anyone else find this or am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I'm fairly certain that is everything. A Dlx version would actually be really neat, given that I dont own the anything outside the Winter Special. If there are any notes or letterels or something from the other stories, they can be included as well.
    Would be good if Kelley Jones could finish the story base on any notes and discussions he had with Len.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    If you had the choice, Absolute Justice League Origin, Justice League Dark Seid Saga Omnibus or Justice League International omnibus? I have only really read Grant Morrison's run, John's JSA and New Frontier.
    Unless you're a big Absolute collector, I'd skip the Origin collection. It's fine (and very pretty), but certainly not an epic story of great import.

So I finished reading Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing run Via the 6 Hardcovers.

Loved the first 5 books but I really did not enjoy the 6th. The only story I liked was the final two issues in there.

The space hopping story really got boring and stale after the first issue in space, on the blue planet.

Anyone else find this or am I the only one?
    Rick Vietch kind of spearheaded those issues, and then he took over the series after Moore. But i agree they feel lacking. Especially since "My Blue Heaven" is phenomenal.

Would be good if Kelley Jones could finish the story base on any notes and discussions he had with Len.
    I would be satisfied if they just finished that final issue. The art is done and there is a script for dialogue. Make it a real comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I would be satisfied if they just finished that final issue. The art is done and there is a script for dialogue. Make it a real comic.
    I’d imagine there are outlines for the whole story that was planned. I’d loved to see it. I really enjoyed Kelley’s art on the those Wein issues.

Just reading the Millar run. What’s the consensus on it ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Unless you're a big Absolute collector, I'd skip the Origin collection. It's fine (and very pretty), but certainly not an epic story of great import.
    Thanks, they weren't such a super deal after all and I ended up picking Larsen's Spidey Omni instead. Just thought Jim Lee in Absolute format would look pretty nice, but also keen for JLA International though Amazon reviews show disappointment with it. This was one of those comics I'd flick through at the newsstand before buying... Marvel. It's prolly the only way it'll ever be collected in a nice format though, so maybe still worth getting one day?
    Last edited by koonfasa; 05-24-2018 at 01:19 PM.

I’d imagine there are outlines for the whole story that was planned. I’d loved to see it. I really enjoyed Kelley’s art on the those Wein issues.

Just reading the Millar run. What’s the consensus on it ?
    Millard ST, IMHO is better then Moores. Just by a little though. I know I know...don't hurt me! The story is so rich, and genuinely suspenseful! He builds a massive new mythos that feels like Moore barely scratched the surface of. The tales are an amazing interlinking, interwoven nightmare of horror and thrills. Its one of a few books I refused to put down until I was finished, and was obsessed to read more. I absolutely love it. Some amazing dialogue and artwork. Its just a beautiful work of art. I sincerely hope you enjoy it.